Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Gahagafaga
Invader
8 | 0
Couple of questions;

Gave a google and search but I can't find the FCR breakpoints for Abjurer (A3 Merc), obviously different abilities have different ones but does anyone know the cap? Is it still 138?

Also for the same merc, I remember reading a post or something showing that the Abjurer gains Energy now however D2stats shows my merc as having 0 energy, even with + energy, is there any way to check my merc's current energy value? Just trying to determine energy factor scaling

Thanks guys
Erlikhan
Prowler
19 | 0
ChingeR wrote:equipment with avoid damage, and block chance

I play with treewarden build so block chance isn't suited for me. :(

krys wrote:keep moving and have reanimates

ok thanks :)
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Gahagafaga wrote:Gave a google and search but I can't find the FCR breakpoints for Abjurer (A3 Merc), obviously different abilities have different ones but does anyone know the cap? Is it still 138?

Also for the same merc, I remember reading a post or something showing that the Abjurer gains Energy now however D2stats shows my merc as having 0 energy, even with + energy, is there any way to check my merc's current energy value? Just trying to determine energy factor scaling

On this site - in the header - game - tools https://www.median-xl.com/tools.php there search for the speed calc there choose the merc/superbeast then look at the fcr breakpoints.

On this site - header - game - documentation - characters - mercenaries - scroll down to act 3 merc - read what it says then calculate it yourself.

Generally (without gear that gives energy or energy factor) they get the most bonus damage from 35% bonus to energy then the energy factor damage drops down sharply at +50% bonus to energy they capped it and stop getting any more.
Gahagafaga
Invader
8 | 0
Nitz wrote:
Gahagafaga wrote:Gave a google and search but I can't find the FCR breakpoints for Abjurer (A3 Merc), obviously different abilities have different ones but does anyone know the cap? Is it still 138?

On this site - in the header - game - tools https://www.median-xl.com/tools.php there search for the speed calc there choose the merc/superbeast then look at the fcr breakpoints.

On this site - header - game - documentation - characters - mercenaries - scroll down to act 3 merc - read what it says then calculate it yourself.

Generally (without gear that gives energy or energy factor) they get the most bonus damage from 35% bonus to energy then the energy factor damage drops down sharply at +50% bonus to energy they capped it and stop getting any more.

Thanks for that! Just to clarify, are you saying that at complete base stats the merc only benefits up to 50% factor hard cap due to the amount of energy they have?
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Gahagafaga wrote:Thanks for that! Just to clarify, are you saying that at complete base stats the merc only benefits up to 50% factor hard cap due to the amount of energy they have?

50% bonus to energy. To get the same bonus from energy factor he would need something like +500 to energy factor.

+5% bonus to energy = +8% spell damage
+30% = +49% spell damage
+35% = +57% spell damage
+40% = +58% spell damage
+45% = +59% spell damage
+50% = +59% spell damage
+80% = +62% spell damage

+5 energy factor = 1% spell damage
+305 energy factor = 52% spell damage
More than 305 is useless for these guys since the second part of the forumla always returns 200 now. But that's just for the base value of their energy, and to get the most damage you need to increase their energy and at 35 or 36% bonus to energy it also always returns 200 so giving them any energy factor is useless.

Energyfactor formula: 260*(energy+10)/(250+energy) + energy*energyfactor/15000 OR if that is above 200 just 200

At lvl 120 and base values it's 385 spell damage
Edited by Nitz 5 years.
Gahagafaga
Invader
8 | 0
Nitz wrote:
Gahagafaga wrote:Thanks for that! Just to clarify, are you saying that at complete base stats the merc only benefits up to 50% factor hard cap due to the amount of energy they have?

50% bonus to energy. To get the same bonus from energy factor he would need something like +500 to energy factor.

+5% bonus to energy = +7% spell damage
+35% = +47% spell damage
+40% = +49% spell damage
+50% = +51% spell damage
+3500% = +51% spell damage

Okay good to know, thanks for your help, my merc has about 500 energy factor (523 or something) so I guess I'll have to do the calcs for working out the balance between %energy and energy factor to optimize it.

Cheers
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Gahagafaga wrote:Okay good to know, thanks for your help, my merc has about 500 energy factor (523 or something) so I guess I'll have to do the calcs for working out the balance between %energy and energy factor to optimize it.

Eh the merc starts with 250 EF and gets 5 per level that's 250+5*120=850 to have 500 he must be level 50. Also I did the calculations myself and edited the original comment.
Gahagafaga
Invader
8 | 0
Nitz wrote:
Gahagafaga wrote:Okay good to know, thanks for your help, my merc has about 500 energy factor (523 or something) so I guess I'll have to do the calcs for working out the balance between %energy and energy factor to optimize it.

Eh the merc starts with 250 EF and gets 5 per level that's 250+5*120=850 to have 500 he must be level 50. Also I did the calculations myself and edited the original comment.

Sorry I meant to say he has +523 on gear, he's level 121, but only about +16% energy (with some flat energy from all atts etc) so I'll use that formula to work out some balancing, thanks heaps.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Gahagafaga wrote:Sorry I meant to say he has +523 on gear, he's level 121, but only about +16% energy (with some flat energy from all atts etc) so I'll use that formula to work out some balancing, thanks heaps.

=440% spell damage. With +100% bonus to energy he gets +448% spell damage.
Gahagafaga
Invader
8 | 0
Nitz wrote:
Gahagafaga wrote:Sorry I meant to say he has +523 on gear, he's level 121, but only about +16% energy (with some flat energy from all atts etc) so I'll use that formula to work out some balancing, thanks heaps.

=440% spell damage. With +100% bonus to energy he gets +448% spell damage.

Cheers man, been a big help

If you happen to know, does immunity in XL work the same way as vanilla D2? Eg. He has 131% lightning pierce and from memory lightning immune mobs have 110% lightning res, is he breaking that + dealing 21% more lightning damage or do LI packs in XL apply the 20% effectiveness formula to -%Lightning Res from gear as well?