Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
sSs_xL
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Nvm i reloaded game for like 3rd time lol and some reason staff in stash O_o maybe some bug or something lol idk but back to normal :)
Wapiti
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
1) can Oil of Luck add +1 skills to amulets that already have +3?

2) I want to know if Voice of Arreat can drop in Duncraig and K3K. Is there any drop calculator out there?

3) is there any use for gold in the endgame other than gambling?
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Wapiti wrote:1) can Oil of Luck add +1 skills to amulets that already have +3?

2) I want to know if Voice of Arreat can drop in Duncraig and K3K. Is there any drop calculator out there?

3) is there any use for gold in the endgame other than gambling?

1)Yes, +4 sk ammulets are common because of that

2) Rule is to check Item level on the sacred unique list, if the item level is higher than the area level you're farming, it will not drop. Voice of arreat is 120 so it does not drop in K3K but will on Dunc (almost everything will starting from there, outside of a few level 130 SSSU)

3) Not really, but bying oils and MO can cost a lot, just try to make a good 40% movement speed boots base with oil of renewal and you'll lose 1 million gold, also mercernary can be costy, but after that yeah there's nothing really, gambling amulets or rings doesn't give much
akbugger
Pit Knight
101 | 3
I recently found the last piece of Testament of Apes set. Is this any good? If yes, which class should use it? Given the crossbow, seem like necro is prime candidate but I've got my crossbow necro loaded with Hwanin's and I'm reluctant to change him. Would druid or bowzon be good with Ape?
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
If using a WDM skill with an elemantal base weapon, there is no phys damage in this skill or no damage in it at all?
How does it work for a WDM skill with an elemantal base weapon?
arcology
Cog
211 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cnlnjzfjb wrote:If using a WDM skill with an elemantal base weapon, there is no phys damage in this skill or no damage in it at all?

D2Stats will show your exact weapon damage of each element, which you can multiply by the WDM modifier and any conversions etc. Elemental weapons usually have no base physical damage, but you can still get flat physical damage from various items, which is equivalent to having it on your weapon.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
arcology wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:If using a WDM skill with an elemantal base weapon, there is no phys damage in this skill or no damage in it at all?

D2Stats will show your exact weapon damage of each element, which you can multiply by the WDM modifier and any conversions etc. Elemental weapons usually have no base physical damage, but you can still get flat physical damage from various items, which is equivalent to having it on your weapon.

Ty :)
dcconly
Skeleton
2 | 0
Does +x% spell damage works on add X-XX elemental damage? As I remembered, it did so. And this is why sorc last fire passive skill is replaced by firedance long time ago. But I can't find detailed information about this in sigma.
arcology
Cog
211 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
dcconly wrote:Does +x% spell damage works on add X-XX elemental damage? As I remembered, it did so. And this is why sorc last fire passive skill is replaced by firedance long time ago. But I can't find detailed information about this in sigma.

It works only on direct melee hits, see https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?t=186.
Wapiti
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
I still get confused by all the different types of levels while crafting jewels.

For instance: I want a jewel with +1% to all attributes, the rest is not that important. According to this table https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes, min alvl = 82, max alvl = 99, req lvl = 99.

Does that mean that the ITEM level of the jewel (which gets reduced with each crafting instance) has to be at least 82? Or does lower ITEM level reduce the odds of getting a bigger number of affixes? Can I get +1% to all attributes on a jewel with ITEM level of, say, 40?