Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
IBagboyBrownI
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Tiberius723 wrote:Where are the best places for farm SSU's?

I'm only 121 but Duncraig seems ok for farming. It has a high chance to drop sacreds so all u gotta do is hope they wanna be unique :)

MF gear will help a lot in there. People think it increases quality but it actually increases quantity. And the more items that drop, the better chance you have of them being SUs.
conquerlol123
Stygian Watcher
43 | 1
Whenever I open the game, the gamma of the desktop changes. This change persists even after closing the game. The only way to fix it is to restart the pc.
Any idea what glider setting could be causing this?
SirJean
Rust Claw
89 | 0
IBagboyBrownI wrote:

I'm only 121 but Duncraig seems ok for farming. It has a high chance to drop sacreds so all u gotta do is hope they wanna be unique :)

MF gear will help a lot in there. People think it increases quality but it actually increases quantity. And the more items that drop, the better chance you have of them being SUs.

Go read median xl wiki or d2 wiki because you are giving false information about magic find
IBagboyBrownI
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
SirJean wrote:
IBagboyBrownI wrote:

Go read median xl wiki or d2 wiki because you are giving false information about magic find

I stand corrected. There was a change in the naming but not to how it works. Thank you. :) Also, that only means MF would be even more amazing to have in duncraig. I'll be socketing lums when I get out of work :D
Edited by IBagboyBrownI 5 years.
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
IBagboyBrownI wrote:
SirJean wrote:
IBagboyBrownI wrote:

Last time I read it pretty sure it said quantity.

But it doesn't. Need to get your eyes checked.
SirJean
Rust Claw
89 | 0
IBagboyBrownI wrote:
SirJean wrote:
IBagboyBrownI wrote:

Go read again, monster have an assigned number of items dropped. Having magic find will only increase the chance of rolling a higher quality to those items.

Otherwise imagine a situation where someone have 3000% magic find, having 20 items dropping per monster would be quite dumb and with normalized drop chances there would be a much lower chance to get a SU than with current formula
IBagboyBrownI
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
SirJean wrote:
IBagboyBrownI wrote:
SirJean wrote:
IBagboyBrownI wrote:

Go read again, monster have an assigned number of items dropped. Having magic find will only increase the chance of rolling a higher quality to those items.

Otherwise imagine a situation where someone have 3000% magic find, having 20 items dropping per monster would be quite dumb and with normalized drop chances there would be a much lower chance to get a SU than with current formula

3000% MF. Interesting.
SirJean
Rust Claw
89 | 0
IBagboyBrownI wrote:
SirJean wrote:
IBagboyBrownI wrote:
SirJean wrote:
IBagboyBrownI wrote:

3000% MF. Interesting.

You just missed my point there a word in that sentence ''imagine''. I tried to give you an exemple why your statement didn't make sense since it doesn't represent the reality of the game. Stop spreading false information in this thread when people are actually looking for answer and I won't have to police you
IBagboyBrownI
Pit Knight
112 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
It might be a problem. If you could ever get 3000% MF. Nothing about your point was missed. The fact is you ain't gonna see enough MF to fountain items from a monster if it were to work like that. Ok, snowflake?
SirJean
Rust Claw
89 | 0
IBagboyBrownI wrote:It might be a problem. If you could ever get 3000% MF. Nothing about your point was missed. The fact is you ain't gonna see enough MF to fountain items from a monster if it were to work like that. Ok, snowflake?

Having a higher quantity drop rate with a normalized drop curve would be bad once again you read me poorly, nobody want to have 20 items drop from 1 mob with a 0.5% chance of it being a SU (and multiply that with each monster and you either freeze the game or you can't walk without picking an item).

Go read the damn wiki there is a example with a curve and how magic find increase with a diminishing return.