Discuss Median XL!
Ruskie
Imp
4 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I was, this was when the game went down.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I started using the trade window for all of my muling. Not only is it safer, it's actually faster.
boingotango
Banned
27 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Or better yet just don't play on the fucking realms because they constantly go fucking down, and unless he followed Blizzards faggoty example of having certain items only work on realms there is literally no reason not to play this single player where you have an infinite stash, a shared stash, and infinite respecs. I really really hate so fucking much that there is no fucking way to just copy my realms stuff on to single player and play there and play with my friend over Direct IP through gameranger or something, but this shit. I've already got like two weeks in and I don't think I could stand starting over again, because I started about a week before ladder reset.

I just wanna be able to enjoy this mod. Sorry for bitching. I just really wish I could play without getting fucking pissed off everytime I log in.
Manu300000
Grubber
321 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Manu300000 wrote:Is the frozen orb skill viable? I mean, can you farm duncraig / teganze with "normal" gear with it? I mean no high end best in slot to make it viable a bit.

:?:
nodoubt0322
Rust Claw
89 | 10
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I feel thankful for the great d2 mod and free bn service.
Whyred
Balrog
133 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Did the cycle droprate get changed with one of the latest patches, seems like there are more grand cycles on the market?

Also a silly question.
If Widowmaker (nec skill) converts your damage into magic damage, does your damage output benefit from +% spell damage, like say the Qouv Tsin trophy?
Celestialray
Gravedigger
192 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Hey, I've started playing this mod. Haven't played median xl for like 5-6 years now and it seems it's a totally different mod. A few basic questions.

Where are scrolls of town portal? I get it that identify scrolls aren't needed anymore (are they?), but how can I port back to town?

Is there any way I can enable run walk at will as in vanilla? I know your defense is 0 when you run (so maybe that's why you're not letting us automatically?), but I'm used with juggling a run walk button rather than keeping a button pressed.

Are there any level challenges I should be aware of or were those removed altogether? I remember the level 50 challenge in tran athula, the level 1 challenge and some others but those don't seem to exist anymore according to the wiki?

Is there any way I can reset skill and stat points more than once rather than talking with akara?

Any way I can check in depth stats for my character such as total hit recovery, attack speed etc.?

I play single player only. Can I use plugy? Is it encouraged or I don't need it?

Players 8 command removed? Doesn't seem to work. Any way I can increase difficulty?

Thanks.

Edit: Also, stamina potions? :D
SekiX
Skeleton
2 | 0
- scrolls are gone, they have been replaced by town portal skill which every character have
- level challenges you can find in documentation https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/challenges
- you can reset your stats and skills by using belladona potion which drops randomly
- stats like hit recovery you can easily check by using d2stats reader which you can download on this link https://www.median-xl.com/tools.php
- plugy is not compatible with sigma as far as i know
- /player X command was removed, dont think its possible to increase difficulty
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
Celestialray wrote:cut

Town Portal is now an innate skill with cooldown, in quick skill bar. No more TP or ID scrolls.
Can't toggle run/walk so just get used to being slower than before, it was replaced with sprint mechanic, also all boots now have movement speed %, try to get 40% on them.
Follow this guide's progression viewtopic.php?f=40&t=22675
Belladona Elixirs reset attributes and skills, are random but rare drops everywhere.
D2Stats and SpeedCalc for speeds and other good stuff https://www.median-xl.com/tools.php
No plugy, just mule with TCP/IP game, host with one and join with another and have localhost typed as address. You can use MXL offline tools from above link too but it's still more or less a mule+.
No more /players command or others.
And there never were stamina potions, maybe play amazon with ecstatic frenzy or assassin with beacon or i dunno what others have movement speed as skills.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Celestialray wrote:Hey, I've started playing this mod. Haven't played median xl for like 5-6 years now and it seems it's a totally different mod. A few basic questions.
Where are scrolls of town portal? I get it that identify scrolls aren't needed anymore (are they?), but how can I port back to town?
Is there any way I can enable run walk at will as in vanilla? I know your defense is 0 when you run (so maybe that's why you're not letting us automatically?), but I'm used with juggling a run walk button rather than keeping a button pressed.
Are there any level challenges I should be aware of or were those removed altogether? I remember the level 50 challenge in tran athula, the level 1 challenge and some others but those don't seem to exist anymore according to the wiki?
Is there any way I can reset skill and stat points more than once rather than talking with akara?
Any way I can check in depth stats for my character such as total hit recovery, attack speed etc.?
I play single player only. Can I use plugy? Is it encouraged or I don't need it?
Players 8 command removed? Doesn't seem to work. Any way I can increase difficulty?
Thanks.
Edit: Also, stamina potions? :D

-Scrolls of town portals are no more, now you can open a portal using the specific innate skills that all the characters share, it has also a small CD.
-No, now run has been replaced by a sprint mechanic and you have to old down the button, there might be a bug with additional mouse button that allow you to keep it active but is not intended. But do not worry, most of the time you'll not miss it, affixes that increase the movement speed are more common and generos than previously.
-There are not anymore max levels needed to complete a challenge but there are now minimum levels, for additional info take a look here: Challenges.
-Yes, you can reset your skill with a belladonna elixir which is a world random drop in every difficulty, meaning it can drop everywhere at any time.
-For indepth stats info you could check this useful tools: D2 Stats Reader and Speed Calulator.
-No, PlugY is no longer compatible, but the inventory, cube and stash are so big now that you hardly need it, plus you can always mule.
-Yeah players # commands do not work anymore, to increase difficulty you can play with others and use TCP/IP. (or just go YOLO everywhere :P ).
-I don't think stamina potions are still a thing

Edit:
Ninj'd
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca