Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
tempmail wrote:1) Does wolf companions hunter's mark work in labs?
2) Also, does screaming eagle and hunter mark overwrite each other or do they work together?

2) Screaming Eagle is a curse, Hunters Mark a debuff so yes, they work. Don't know about higher labs, but as sorcs Force Blast works I see no reason why screaming eagle wouldnt.
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Jampula wrote:
tempmail wrote:1) Does wolf companions hunter's mark work in labs?
2) Also, does screaming eagle and hunter mark overwrite each other or do they work together?

2) Screaming Eagle is a curse, Hunters Mark a debuff so yes, they work. Don't know about higher labs, but as sorcs Force Blast works I see no reason why screaming eagle wouldnt.

Force Blast is definitely debuff. Curses won't work in high labs, so if Screaming Eagle is curse, then it won't work. Hunter's Mark sounds like a debuff, so it should work in labs, and they should work together outside. Someone can correct that if it's wrong though.
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hunter’s Mark does not work in upper labs. Ben confirmed this with me on discord. Screaming Eagle seems to work(?) Maybe it just plays the animation and I’ve been duped into thinking it was working?
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I have some questions;

1) Can someone clarify for me which modifiers are additive with each other and which ones are multiplicative? I'm specifically interested in caster stats, but I would love a resource that explains all of it even for weapons.

w.r.t the above; From my understanding,

(Spell damage [same as elemental spell damage]) * relative pierce * spell focus mod * total damage [example: malevolence SU]
How much can pierce affect enemy resistances? What are the relevant caps?

2) Also I recall reading that Frostclaw totem got a small aoe added to its attack in addition to the pierce it has (but can't find it in any patch notes), can someone confirm/deny?

3) Does the veil king relic make the veil king summon literally immortal? 75% base dr + 25% from relic.

4) Is there a proc that Totems can use? Like "on death blow"? Do they inherit reanimates?

5) Do the fireheart totem projectiles have a splash?

6) Is there a convenient way to cheat in Single Player to be able to learn things like skill scaling with soft points and testing items like Jinn relic (how much does the ele pierce and +max res mod change from their aura?) The wiki is quite good and has the details of how a skill works and an image, but I want to know numbers of the scaling.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1291 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
CorralTheTroops wrote:.....

1) (Base damage of spell * (1+energy/spellfocus synergy + synegy damage bonus added by some skills) * (1+spell damage from items + spell damage from skills)) * (1+totaldamage from orange texts on items).
And then all this at end getting multiplied by first: damage divisor AND/OR elemental absorb, and second: resistances of target after applying pierce(1-target resist+total pierce on gear and skills)).

For example:
:arrow: You have 100 base damage of fireball, maxed spellfocus synergy (200%), 500 fire spell damage, 149 fire pierce, witchblood giving 50% spell damage and somehow incarnation giving 100% spell damage.
:arrow: Your target iiiiiiss.... Samael: 99 fire res and 50 damage divisor.
(100*(1+2+0,5)*(1+5+1))*1=100*3,5*7=2450
2450/50*(1-0,99+1,49)=49*1,5=73,5
Means your final damage dealt by fireball will be 73,5

Tldr: first applied spell focus and energy, then spell damage, then total damage if have any, then pierce... but note that some skills spell damage is additive to synergy part while others equal to item spell damage

2) Frostclaw have small AoE. Ez notable in very crowded places with monsters having small hitbos like cows - single totem can kill few cows in one shot.

3) 25% from relic is different modifier to existing resists on him so if he have 75% phys res (which was reduced iirc) - he would have effective phys res of just 81,25%

4) Totems inheritc just what pointed in Totemic mastery description and they don't proc anything (even tho they're spells, but behave like summons)

5) Not sure but if they do - there's very small splash.

6) There're no cheats allowed, but for testing purposes you can have free respec from MXL offline tools. Additionally synergy per base point is writen down on the skill itself.
godoffails
Bone Archer
78 | 8
CorralTheTroops wrote:I have some questions;

1) Can someone clarify for me which modifiers are additive with each other and which ones are multiplicative? I'm specifically interested in caster stats, but I would love a resource that explains all of it even for weapons.

1) I would use this to calculate spell dmg :

Base spell dmg *
[1 + energy synergy + max(spell focus/1000;1) ] * shown in game as energy : +***% increase damage
[1 + synergy from other skill + (spell damage on items + spell skill buffs) * (1 + witchblood) ] *
[1 + total damage] * for war cry/symphony of destruction by example
[1 + orange text1] * [1 + orange text2] * could be from SSU/relic/runeword
[1 + crit multiplier] * for war cry
[1 - enemy res/100] * enemy res from -100 to 99
[1 - enemy absorb]

Energy synergy = 130*(energy+20)/(energy+500)
About 0.88 at 1000 ; 1.05 at 2000 ; 1.12 at 3000 ; 1.16 at 4000
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
@Scaledwing, godoffails

Ty so much, these are really clear explanations.

Thanks for clarifying that there is ambiguity for whether skills are adding their damage to the item or spell damage section.

Super duper helpful!
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Got some more questions, this time about poison damage.

I've been looking at building a poison throwbarb, and I've read the poison page on the wiki; however there's stuff I can't understand.

From what I see, it looks like the way to scale poison throw barb is to max snake bite, snake stance, ancient blood ( to get more max levels in other skills), and gladiators dominance to get even more damage (with pierce being the true god stat for this build). However +all skills is only strong for the stance, but useless for the snake bite, which seems bad because you're doing enough damage for non bosses without all that additional investment of +skills.

Snake Stance doesn't seem to scale Snake Bite at all, from the poison page, I assumed that Passive poison damage would be added to the magic poison damage given by the stance, after they were scaled individually by their relevant stats.

I see amatoxin as a pretty good additional source of (passive) poison damage, but apart from that it looks like sources of passive poison damage from equipment will just make total damage much worse, since they are way too small (in damage and duration compared to glad's dom) compared to levelling skills.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
CorralTheTroops wrote:Got some more questions, this time about poison damage.

I've been looking at building a poison throwbarb, and I've read the poison page on the wiki; however there's stuff I can't understand.

From what I see, it looks like the way to scale poison throw barb is to max snake bite, snake stance, ancient blood ( to get more max levels in other skills), and gladiators dominance to get even more damage (with pierce being the true god stat for this build). However +all skills is only strong for the stance, but useless for the snake bite, which seems bad because you're doing enough damage for non bosses without all that additional investment of +skills.

Snake Stance doesn't seem to scale Snake Bite at all, from the poison page, I assumed that Passive poison damage would be added to the magic poison damage given by the stance, after they were scaled individually by their relevant stats.

I see amatoxin as a pretty good additional source of (passive) poison damage, but apart from that it looks like sources of passive poison damage from equipment will just make total damage much worse, since they are way too small (in damage and duration compared to glad's dom) compared to levelling skills.

Patch 1.6:

SNAKE BITE: Duration no longer stacks with other sources of weapon poison damage.
This should answer ur questions.
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
CorralTheTroops wrote:...

Patch 1.6:

SNAKE BITE: Duration no longer stacks with other sources of weapon poison damage.
This should answer ur questions.

So if I understand correctly, magic poison is being checked after passive poison, and this means that snake stance is not being added on snake bite.

Is the poison damage from windform active poison or passive poison? I really want to build something strong around it, but I can't seem to figure how. It seems that rebound calculates damage when the axes are spawned from the main proj, so it's possible to apply windform to many enemies in this way, and you can scale the direct melee hit part of windform for single target. (Using dual wield sword and axe).