Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Some questions.

Asheara says she is willing to give you a merc free of charge - first time I'm reading what does she says, still, she takes the gold from you of course.

So, why did she took the gold from me?

What else, yeah, merc from act 3 - bloodmage, well he used to disappear from the screen very often so he is not of any help, or he is bad at following you, as usual from any merc.

Interesting thing is that after he died in act 5, after I started the new game, merc was alive.

So, why is he alive if he was dead?

Thank You
pokiedude
Cultist
22 | 0
str or dex for a throw barb?
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
50/50
pokiedude
Cultist
22 | 0
Gekko64 wrote:50/50

Hmmm. Im guessing the dex is to hit? I was wondering in terms of weapons: axes vs javs
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
axes ofc.
Feeles
Abomination
155 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I remember i have red that str boost bloodmage dmg.. is that true? Can someone explain merc dmg dinamics?
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Feeles wrote:I remember i have red that str boost bloodmage dmg.. is that true? Can someone explain merc dmg dinamics?

All mercs: Heroic Strength
Per strength point: Enhanced Weapon Damage +1%
Per strength point: Regenerate Life +1
Per strength point: +0.25 Energy Factor to Spell Damage

A3 mercs:
Starts with 200 energy, +20 energy per level
Unearthly Power: +250 energy factor to spell damage, +5 per level
Warp Armor: total defense +250%, +10% per level

Heroic strength at 500 str (what they have at 120 pretty much anyways is 125. 600 str = 150. 25 more on top of 975 doesn't sound like much.

They already have like 850 energy factor for being lvl 120. Add the 125 for having 500 str and you have 975.

So a lvl 120 a3merc with 500 str has 975 energy factor and 2600 energy. Give him 100 str and he has 1000 energy factor... pretty useless it seems. In the same breath TCD is pretty useless too. They don't use WDM so enhanced WDM is pretty weak too and regenerate life well ya know (in the case of bloodmage - he has inner fire to heal himself anyways). Pretty useless all together.

Energy factor stuff - those stats are like 400 to spell damage - 450 is max, if you get his energy to 3500 he will have 440%

Just give him high def gear crafted and blessed with a shrine that boosts his main elemental spell (Bloodmage=fire) and MO'd with main elemental dmg, magic find.
Feeles
Abomination
155 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Nitz wrote:
Feeles wrote:I remember i have red that str boost bloodmage dmg.. is that true? Can someone explain merc dmg dinamics?

All mercs: Heroic Strength
Per strength point: Enhanced Weapon Damage +1%
Per strength point: Regenerate Life +1
Per strength point: +0.25 Energy Factor to Spell Damage

A3 mercs:
Starts with 200 energy, +20 energy per level
Unearthly Power: +250 energy factor to spell damage, +5 per level
Warp Armor: total defense +250%, +10% per level

Heroic strength at 500 str (what they have at 120 pretty much anyways is 125. 600 str = 150. 25 more on top of 975 doesn't sound like much.

They already have like 850 energy factor for being lvl 120. Add the 125 for having 500 str and you have 975.

So a lvl 120 a3merc with 500 str has 975 energy factor and 2600 energy. Give him 100 str and he has 1000 energy factor... pretty useless it seems. In the same breath TCD is pretty useless too. They don't use WDM so enhanced WDM is pretty weak too and regenerate life well ya know (in the case of bloodmage - he has inner fire to heal himself anyways). Pretty useless all together.

Energy factor stuff - those stats are like 400 to spell damage - 450 is max, if you get his energy to 3500 he will have 440%

Just give him high def gear crafted and blessed with a shrine that boosts his main elemental spell (Bloodmage=fire) and MO'd with main elemental dmg, magic find.

I was going for old style sacred honorific, MOing fire spell + ed + tcd + mf, weapon fcr and energy factor to spell dmg (80 ef)... I tested this already on abjurer for totemancer, and he has 500k++ def and good killspeed..

Are crafts really better? Maybe dmg wise yes... But honirific seems worthy to make them a bit tanky.. or am i wrong?
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Feeles wrote:I was going for old style sacred honorific, MOing fire spell + ed + tcd + mf, weapon fcr and energy factor to spell dmg (80 ef)... I tested this already on abjurer for totemancer, and he has 500k++ def and good killspeed..

Are crafts really better? Maybe dmg wise yes... But honirific seems worthy to make them a bit tanky.. or am i wrong?

Do ilvl 1 crafts mo firespell dmg, ed and MF. FCR on the weapon sure (Have you checked the breakpoints?, but spell dmg is better than energy factor.

Crafts have higher spell damage and the -enemy res increases the damage much much more than honorifics ever could.
Feeles
Abomination
155 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Nitz wrote:
Feeles wrote:I was going for old style sacred honorific, MOing fire spell + ed + tcd + mf, weapon fcr and energy factor to spell dmg (80 ef)... I tested this already on abjurer for totemancer, and he has 500k++ def and good killspeed..

Do ilvl 1 crafts mo firespell dmg, ed and MF. FCR on the weapon sure (Have you checked the breakpoints?, but spell dmg is better than energy factor.

Crafts have higher spell damage and the -enemy res increases the damage much much more than honorifics ever could.

Oh right, this should be best option! Tyvm.