Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
KuroKei
Prowler
18 | 2
Any Tips for farming Toraja guys ? It takes like years for Edryems to hit, i finished the Boss somehow but the rest is shit on me because i cant do anything but w8 for Edryems, Im playing a Light/Cold Sorc so i got plenty of meatshield, edryem can just free hit but still take years for them to success, any different map drop those GRs ?
It's been like this for hours, i took a nap, made a coffee, finished my meal, even took a bath for relaxing, then i come back, still the same, this uber is impossible for me
Webbhead08
Acid Prince
45 | 1
Apologies if this should go elsewhere but had a set of related questions pertaining to break points, and speed, and then as related to Trap Rat my current main. I promise I did my homework before just throwing this up but clearly still have some questions, and hope this is alright.

Downloaded the latest Speed Calculator and am familiar with it a bit from previous patches.

Questions:

In general, Chance to block - is this purely based on total Dexterity? The documentation says:
Chance to Block = [ Block% * (Dexterity - 15) ] / (2 * Character_Level)

Unmorphed my paper in game correctly shows: 4% (.04) * (2849 -15) / ( 2 * 120 ) = 0.4723 Chance to Block for Emerald Set Bone Shield. When I morph to rat I jump to 59% ctb which I greatly welcome, but why is this ? I am not sure what other factor(s) is involved. [no block available on speed calc for Rat]

Next question is how does faster block rate work, since it would not appear to effect chance to block? Why do we want this (seems obvious but why), how much is needed?

Lastly, how does "overall speed increased" from charms (i.e. 20% from Ele prism and 15% from idol of vanity) effect attack speed, block, and faster hit recovery? I am guessing you would apply these bonuses to the 'item' not the 'skill' parameters in the Speed Calc ?

Looks like Rat hits min attack frames (13) pretty easily thanks to Ferocity (my current skill gives 122% to IAS, let alone weapon IAS / jewels etc.) totaling to more than I believe necessary.

TL;DR Trying to optimize my Trap Rat's stats / break points, MO space and jewels.

Thanks Team!
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Do summons from an oskill on an onswitch weapon stay after switching back to main weapon?
suchbalance
Team Member
1757 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Webbhead08 wrote:Apologies if this should go elsewhere but had a set of related questions pertaining to break points, and speed, and then as related to Trap Rat my current main. I promise I did my homework before just throwing this up but clearly still have some questions, and hope this is alright.

Downloaded the latest Speed Calculator and am familiar with it a bit from previous patches.

Questions:

Your chance to block increases when morphed because Trap Rat Form adds +1% base chance to block.

About faster block recovery - you don't want this at all on a rat, because the morph has no block animation it instead plays the "get hit" one when you do block. So stack faster hit recovery and look at the FHR table in speedcalc.

Overall speed = all speeds, and yes they are of the item variety.

KuroKei wrote:Any Tips for farming Toraja guys ? It takes like years for Edryems to hit, i finished the Boss somehow but the rest is shit on me because i cant do anything but w8 for Edryems, Im playing a Light/Cold Sorc so i got plenty of meatshield, edryem can just free hit but still take years for them to success, any different map drop those GRs ?
It's been like this for hours, i took a nap, made a coffee, finished my meal, even took a bath for relaxing, then i come back, still the same, this uber is impossible for me

If you want to farm toraja on a sorc I would suggest maxing and using the Blade Spirits instead of the ice elementals (keep 1-2 around for aura) - there is a bug with freezing toraja mobs which prevents them from dropping their immunity shield if you don't kill them fast enough. Other than that make sure to spawn edyrem on top of mobs and teleport on them yourself to stack your minions.
Webbhead08
Acid Prince
45 | 1
Thanks SB for the quick reply. Just what I needed to know. Ironic that Trap Rat set adds to faster block rate if it has 0 effect. Oh well.

Will look at cranking up FHR to acceptable frames without losing other factors.

Thanks again!
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
notforkeeps wrote:Do summons from an oskill on an onswitch weapon stay after switching back to main weapon?

Yes for about 10 seconds or if you cast certain spells or oskills from the switched weapon. I wouldn't do it in general game play but for certain things why not or if you switch all the time anyways (broadside nagi sin)
PhucHung
Abomination
147 | 17
Is there any FCR cap?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
PhucHung wrote:Is there any FCR cap?

There is no cap, but you have a max breakpoint that makes anything above that number do nothing to increase your speed anymore.
PhucHung
Abomination
147 | 17
L H wrote:
PhucHung wrote:Is there any FCR cap?

There is no cap, but you have a max breakpoint that makes anything above that number do nothing to increase your speed anymore.

And max breakpoint is for every class or different per class?
fkfhnis
Azure Drake
172 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Does MF effect shrine drops?