Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Kepy11
Vampiress
36 | 0
SirJean wrote:
Kepy11 wrote:How much dex needed for maxblock on Necro with a 1% base block shield and deathlord activated?

Chance to Block = Block% * (Dexterity - 15)/2 * Character_Level

Yep my math is not that good to figure that out
SirJean
Rust Claw
89 | 0
Kepy11 wrote:
SirJean wrote:
Kepy11 wrote:How much dex needed for maxblock on Necro with a 1% base block shield and deathlord activated?

Chance to Block = Block% * (Dexterity - 15)/2 * Character_Level

Yep my math is not that good to figure that out

Max block = 75%

(((75 * (2 * Character_Level))/ Block%) +15 = Dexterity
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
(char level x 150) / (total base block from class + items/gear/skills) = dex needed for maxblock.
WReckLess
Sasquatch
60 | 1
OlDirty wrote:When a modifier states that it is "on attack" whether it be life, mana or a proc, what is considered the "attack". Is it the initial attack animation itself? I understand the "on striking" modifier and how it effects %wdm spells but wondering if the "on attack" MO's are worth it.

Attack is a swing/shot which connects with monster. Otherwise you would gain mana/life out of nothing (shift attacking in place).
McNulty
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Question regarding running a 2nd instance of median.

Strictly for mule/item transfer purposes?
Let's say I want to do baal runs for another one of my characters - this is a bannable offense?
Can someone link me to where it says that?
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
McNulty
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
mortimer_85 wrote:https://tsw.median-xl.com/rules

Thanks.
Celladoor
Rust Claw
85 | 0
Thanks Chuck!

Okay, another newb question. Im tryin to make my own xbow. Have a few sacred dart throwers. Trying to find a sacred stinger though. I saw in the xbow nec guide where a guy crafted a bow with 700+ max dmg. I have read the shrine documentation but im not understanding this I suppose.

I take a sacred bow of any kind(non rare) and roll it w oil of renewal until its a white and then let Charsi make it a rare. Then I put the thing in cube with shrine, for me I guess Abandoned, Intimidating, Creepy- those have decent xbow mods.

I have done this. Gotten a 200% enh dmg xb with around 300~ max dmg. Then blessed the bow w the same shrine and the dmg barely goes up. Im not understanding how people get 700 dmg bows doing this but there is obviously something im missing OR I just have not rolled enough shrines and have gotten bad rolls.

Does anyone know of a guide or thread somewhere that explains crafting?
McNulty
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Celladoor wrote:Thanks Chuck!

Okay, another newb question. Im tryin to make my own xbow. Have a few sacred dart throwers. Trying to find a sacred stinger though. I saw in the xbow nec guide where a guy crafted a bow with 700+ max dmg. I have read the shrine documentation but im not understanding this I suppose.

I take a sacred bow of any kind(non rare) and roll it w oil of renewal until its a white and then let Charsi make it a rare. Then I put the thing in cube with shrine, for me I guess Abandoned, Intimidating, Creepy- those have decent xbow mods.

I have done this. Gotten a 200% enh dmg xb with around 300~ max dmg. Then blessed the bow w the same shrine and the dmg barely goes up. Im not understanding how people get 700 dmg bows doing this but there is obviously something im missing OR I just have not rolled enough shrines and have gotten bad rolls.

Does anyone know of a guide or thread somewhere that explains crafting?

What did you socket it with? Did you use any orbs?
I also doubt you crafted a perfect 200 ed 300 max, i'd be impressed
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
Celladoor wrote:msg

For it to be good you need either a stinger or a trebuchet and craft it to roll two main affixes, as close to 200% ED and 300-350 max dmg, hopefully a good proc too or +necro skills, this may take a lot of shrines, just look at top at the x to x damage until you get lucky. If close to max %ED or 1-2 %ED orbs away use lucky oil first, cube with the %ED orbs if still needed and then bless it with weird or creepy for more dmg. Then cube with 5 +max dmg orbs, maybe %AR too if you need it, just be sure you can wear it, then finally socket it.

Also this page has the affix list https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes but don't filter just the Necromancer Crossbows cause these are also weapons and also spawn the Weapons affixes and you can't look at both, well you can in two tabs, but they can spawn affixes from both pools and are plenty so be patient.