Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
marco311
Grubber
341 | 5
Waiting to c ur unholy melee paladin link to not armory... or to have ur highly valuable comments added to current ump guide on forum then...
Plenty of ppl that are not playin 1 coming to provide useless comments.. have a look to the posted guide next before providing additional comments.. thank u for ur support.

Mana reg on rings/ammy does nothing if u're at 5fpa with superbest burn rythm on early/mid stage...
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
marco311 wrote:Waiting to c ur unholy melee paladin link to not armory... or to have ur highly valuable comments added to current ump guide on forum then...
Plenty of ppl that are not playin 1 coming to provide useless comments.. have a look to the posted guide next before providing additional comments.. thank u for ur support.

Mana reg on rings/ammy does nothing if u're at 5fpa with superbest burn rythm on early/mid stage...

I did play unholy melee like 3 seasons ago, and i did not have mana problems that much because unlike you, i did not bitch on the forums for days, dismissing the ideas you are given, and i stacked ar so i can hit bosses. About mana regen: there isnt much you can mo on rings and amulets, so you might as well go for it.
marco311
Grubber
341 | 5
I still c none of ur posts in the guide forum of Ump...
If u think that Moa/%Ar would solve provide a gear set up... or at least the one u were using..
I think it's plain stupid to put 20lvls on rings/ammies to mana reg when the only thing that u need is to have
Moa = blood thorn cost and %ar to hit...
Now move ur ass there and check itemization on 1st page...
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1291 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Complaining about strongest build have single downside :mrgreen: Not counting "using SUs right on hit lvl100"
This reminds me of "Bloodzon can't have Bacchanalia up all the time!!! It sux mod sux it\s unfair!"
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
marco311 wrote:I still c none of ur posts in the guide forum of Ump...
If u think that Moa/%Ar would solve provide a gear set up... or at least the one u were using..
I think it's plain stupid to put 20lvls on rings/ammies to mana reg when the only thing that u need is to have
Moa = blood thorn cost and %ar to hit...
Now move ur ass there and check itemization on 1st page...

??? I think %AR, mana on attack on wep, mana regen on jewelry and several mana pots will fix your problems. You can use your time to test different options rather than writing long posts
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
marco311 wrote:I still c none of ur posts in the guide forum of Ump...

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=unholy+melee&author=Istaryu&fid%5B%5D=40

IN
YOUR
FACE
VictorVs
Prowler
17 | 0
Hey guys,

I'm new to the game Diablo, and a few days ago I started using the Median mod. I would like to know which way to find my save game, if anyone can help me I will be grateful.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
VictorVs wrote:Hey guys,

I'm new to the game Diablo, and a few days ago I started using the Median mod. I would like to know which way to find my save game, if anyone can help me I will be grateful.

in the launcher click on "Settings" and then on "Application Data" (on the bottom right)
marco311
Grubber
341 | 5
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=unholy+melee&author=Istaryu&fid%5B%5D=40

IN
YOUR
FACE

K now we can discuss about... and u can switch to the last pages (50+)...
https://median-xl.com/char/Avatar_Marco

This is my pala and as u can see there's only "real" possible choice for wpn slot and it's exactly that honorific:
1) %ar
2) mana on attack
3) life on attack/ias are just there to reach ias cap on superbeast and more survivability (meh, whatelse could u put but %firedmg)
4) range +2 (so that 1h axe or a flail)
white dmg is irrelevant since u leech no %life/mana... u're just loosing 1 caster item in that slot...
now, unless u find another solution for bossing, that single item solves it all (%ar, ias, manaonattack and even a defensive lifeonattack)..
5) i don't think u can put anything better (even endgame)... but I'm lookin around to c other ppl solutions to this...

Ump has its flaws (that ofc are not mentioned in the guide):
1) no ar from skillz, oh well u can solve it with AR from elsewhere... shame gear with %ar is not caster gear so basically u're puttin a stat to hit that does nothing else for dmg... still ok...
2) no DEFENSE (and u're a melee), cos POSSESSION is simply not enought (doin Duncraig with <200k defense as a melee is deffo a thing).. so u'll need total character defense somehow as well.. and that shield in the neutral tree same...
3) I haven't managed to put slow somehow yet... it's a deffo needed thing (like all melee)... just not enought space... used amythist for %ar on that honorifc, could have been diamond for %spelldmg or other usefull gems....
4) dmg scaling is terrible ofc as u need %spelldmg/focus to scale main abilities but u cannot make any real use before solving %ar/ias/mana on attack 1st/defence
5) survivability is good as long as u're at low lvls... cos u can recover with lifeonattack just 1/3rd ur entire lifepool in 1-2s max (as long as u're in melee range)
6) vitality is scaling on dmg in the same way energy does for a sorc, after 2k vitality the gain on dmg from vitality starts to get extremly slim...
but there's no othe real stats to raise... unless if u go for %block... then u'll need a different setup...

Good part:
- it's only 1, and it's that basically "as long as u can live thru dmg" (not 1-2 shot)> u can just fully recover with life on attack and ias cap...
u can literallly sit in Kabraxis nuking him ignoring all dmg but that only ability meant to kill u almost istantly...
same thing about Quov Tsien, blessed life will back up for abs physical reduction... 2 old tus for max res and as long as u don't die while chasing him after teleport goin into magic missiles u can handle him...
the more u lvl the more life u have but ur "life on attack" doesn't scale with anything that the stat itself (from gear/umos) and the very same pierce talent u gotta recast each 30s (for which reason why doin such a talent is out of my comprension but nvm...)...
basically at ias cap under superbeast > u get 5x total life on attack each sec (if u hit) that by counting that wpn and skills is in the order ot 3-4k (which is huge amount)...
- once u hit 20k life u're at -200 pierce... so basically no need 1 single piece of pierce at all (not even from charms)...

U want a more defensive wpn? U can just make that honorific with 60%ias, Farnham's Lost Marble Mystic Orb...
next step? honorific boots endgame with Essences of itherael for max %total character defence?

But these solutions are just "patches" for something the built is lacking itself... I'm gettin only clowns around when it comes to UMP endgame...
"everybody seems to have friends doin endgame with Ump..
everybody seems to have played 1 long ago...
nobody's posting a set of gear for endgame (lab 12+) to give the slightest idea about, I dunno, some single runewords solving more than issue..."
I'm gettin only ppl that DO NOT PLAY IT that with comments of already tested things that simply "are not enought" to make this spec really working...

I've done all bosses up to 124 myself for charms (but the big Zon, found no charm) and dmg just isn't there. With gear from that armory link u can go on but I was lookin for a solution to add dmg as well... a 20minz baal fight just cos u gotta use exactly the wpn u can see in armory doesn't look a "normal approach".. I'm not using "crap gears"...
The good thing on Malthael set is only :
1) 200%ar+ on helm
2) WARP armor on full set (and that's the only thing granting a decent defense while using it)

My rage, as u seem to be referring too, is that nothing of this is addressed with solution in a guide that is presenting this built as something that :
1) works
2) op

Everybody is stopping playin this unscaling built (both on dmg and defences from skillz) cos nobody could find a solution to its scaling in:
defense, dmg...
At least this is what I think... and I'm not gonna burn Markman umos everywhere to replace that honorifc wpn just to c that > ok, u can hit by using 1 umos, but for nothing too... and the other umos with mana on hit > for the same reason. I want to c 1st a 140ump that managed to put all gears up keepin a decent dmg...
And there's not a single 1 answering...

This spec is not playable endgame IMHO and, if it is, I'd like to c some UMP lvl 140 with its lab 12+ gears to c how he can:
1) do high blood thorns dmg
2) keep %highdef up (probably only an eth armor or a natasha), Angelhost?
3) use same set of gear vs bosses (as u really don't need %ar vs minions) or different gear set

Is it more clear this way.... I'm getting mostly only clowns answering my questions... such as u...
U went UMP following that guide, u realize that guide is Sh1T, that built is Sh1t, u stopped playin and now that 1 comes and is wondering that's all the fuss about this spec > u come claiming it 's working and u've been using it while actually u didn't just have same issues I've experienced but U even lost a lot of umos to try to make this bad built working...

Now this is what i've seen in 124lvls of Ump doin all content up to 124 (but big zon).. and I've read nothing addressing any of these issue in the guide but a generic "Ehi, add mana on attack, ehi add %ar..." while putting not a single piece of gear with a base %ar/mana on attack...

To sum it up:
- Ias (especially on wpn) to cap fpa on superbeast,
- mana on attack to keep manapool up,
(- %high ar only for bossing since main abilities are ignoring target defence)
- Total character defence everywhere to raise def to a decent melee lvl (or other solutions that i've not managed to find yet)
- spell focus to raise blood thorn/lemures dmg (caster thing) up to 1k
- %firedmg to raise bloodthorn / %coldmg to raise lemures damage
- life on attack to keep up (added to skill granting pierce as well) resulting in... total life on attackx5 = life gain each sec
"imho" if u manage to do all this...
ur dmg should be still pretty low anyway... ur life on attack will be good still but only when u're effectively hitting on melee... as by "skills" u have no life reg outside... (life reg from holy shield is terribly low)... I'm using a unique shield for that " Orationis Tenebris"... but if u need a high def one that's the 1st thing to go... 3.5%max life each sec is a pretty high gain when out of melee range as u got nothing else...

I "did read" ur posts but u didn't come out a with gear set up for solutions... My previuos comment was wrong, I'm admitting it, I should have written:
"I c none solutions of urs added to the guide..."

U're just a guy who stopped playing a non viable built 125+ i guess cos it lacks tools to go on...

Who knows? Maybe a new Sacred Unique AXE with:
50-75%ias,
100-200 focus,
mana on attack scaling with lvl,
%Ar scaling with lvl
%elemental dmg (or fire/cold)
will come next patch to directly solve a big part so one could focus just on "defence"...
blatkill
Core Lord
388 | 32
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Don't feed the troll.