Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
dudemo
Skeleton
3 | 0
I lost the icon on my desktop for the Median XL launcher. Where is it located on my computer so I can recreate the desktop shortcut? Thanks!

So, I reinstalled the launcher and it did not put a new desktop shortcut back on my desktop. It is in my Start menu. I guess I'll just pin it to my taskbar and be done with it.
Edited by dudemo 5 years.
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
dudemo wrote:I lost the icon on my desktop for the Median XL launcher. Where is it located on my computer so I can recreate the desktop shortcut? Thanks!

search it with windows programm

press start left corner windows symbol

theres an programm / data search line

write
Median XL Launcher
dudemo
Skeleton
3 | 0
I know its in my Start menu. I'd like a desktop shortcut instead of having to dig through the start menu everytime I want to play. I found a solution, though. I just pinned it to my taskbar.
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
dudemo wrote:I know its in my Start menu. I'd like a desktop shortcut instead of having to dig through the start menu everytime I want to play. I found a solution, though. I just pinned it to my taskbar.

when you found the MXL Launcher, press right mouse button on it

open : properties
there you can see the location of the .exe
Edited by lunar.seven 5 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
lunar.seven wrote:
Kostetus wrote:Have 2 questions:
1) Does bloodthorns skill trigger "On striking" procs?

BT is an unholy melee attack with an spell mechanic, but it triggers also by on striking / on attack / on kill etc.
the frequently buff with TS melee attack, will also trigger spells by on striking / on attack / on kill etc.

this is wrong. blood thorns does not strike. it's a spell. it will only trigger on melee attack and on death blow. If you proc on striking, that's caused by melee slap, but the spell itself does not deal weapon damage.
Redoks
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Kostetus wrote:
Redoks wrote:Hi! Can anyone clarify this for me? Does ethereal items have better atributes than normal ones? Like Eth armos have better defense and Eth weapons have better attack stats?

If i'm not mistaken, eth weapons have 50% more base dmg and eth armors have 50% more base def. Also stat req are lower compared to non-eth items

Thank you so much!
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
Crash wrote:
lunar.seven wrote:
2) Is Elemental druid set is good enough to wear compared to TUs that I'm wearing atm?

1)
spells can trigger by chance to cast ( ctc ) // edit: on Death Blow and on kill
attacks can trigger by on striking / on attack / on kill / on Death Blow ( probably )

BT is an unholy melee attack with an spell mechanic, but it triggers also by on striking / on attack / on kill etc.
the frequently buff with TS melee attack, will also trigger spells by on striking / on attack / on kill etc.

this is wrong. blood thorns does not strike. it's a spell. it will only trigger on melee attack and on death blow.

ty :thumb:
will correct this
havent played UM pally for longer yet

but on striking happens, when the default melee hit counts :idea:
:arrow: when BT gets starting the animation of the spell
the player keeps pressing attack button ( hidden )
when keeping attacking, while the spell is active, it can also trigger -> on striking, right ?

Edited by lunar.seven 5 years.
dudemo
Skeleton
3 | 0
lunar.seven wrote:
dudemo wrote:I know its in my Start menu. I'd like a desktop shortcut instead of having to dig through the start menu everytime I want to play. I found a solution, though. I just pinned it to my taskbar.

when you found the MXL Launcher, press right mouse button on it

open : properties
there you can see the location of the .exe

There is no "properties". Only "Open File Location" which just shows me the start menu icon. Not the actual MXL install location.

https://imgur.com/5ok9kdo

https://imgur.com/hSgYtz7
Edited by dudemo 5 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
lunar.seven wrote:
Crash wrote:
lunar.seven wrote:
2) Is Elemental druid set is good enough to wear compared to TUs that I'm wearing atm?

1)
attacks can trigger by on striking / on attack / on kill / on Death Blow ( probably )

this is wrong. blood thorns does not strike. it's a spell. it will only trigger on melee attack and on death blow.

will correct this

EDIT:
it will only trigger on melee attack and on death blow.

and on kill evtl

but on striking happens, when the default melee hit counts
when BT gets starting the animation of the spell
when keeping attacking, while the spell is active, it can count as on striking, right ?

No.. it doesn't trigger on kill. It triggers on death blow. On kill is for weapon damage and poison only.

Spell damage is not striking. Striking is weapon damage only. The only strike you get from blood thorns is the actual melee swing, which also counts for on attack. Otherwise no.
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
Crash wrote:
lunar.seven wrote:
Crash wrote:
lunar.seven wrote:

1)

will correct this

EDIT:
it will only trigger on melee attack and on death blow.

and on kill evtl

but on striking happens, when the default melee hit counts
when BT gets starting the animation of the spell
when keeping attacking, while the spell is active, it can count as on striking, right ?

No.. it doesn't trigger on kill. It triggers on death blow. On kill is for weapon damage and poison only.

Spell damage is not striking. Striking is weapon damage only. The only strike you get from blood thorns is the actual melee swing, which also counts for on attack. Otherwise no.

in theorycrafting got it, yes :)

its worth to have an trigger on striking, for single targets, just because of the default swing goes on, even on the spell activation :idea: