Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Pinball wrote:
Philby wrote:Hi, what's the best place to farm COTW? Vizjun?
And is it actually worth it to specifically farm those ?
Thanks

Vizjun is okay for farming cotw but i prefer fauzt for many reasons.

it's not worth because many good cotws have been removed. Ofc there are still few lefts but really hard to get so this why you should farm fauzt because beside cotw, you still have chances to get good jewelry and good SU too.

Thanks
cnoltz
Cog
205 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
How do you get the cherubim spell timer down to zero like I keep seeing? I made a zod-xis shield with 21 to cherubim (max roll i believe) yet the spell timer is still 0.4 seconds. I keep seeing videos of people with a zero spell timer.
usling
Cog
244 | 21
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
cnoltz wrote:How do you get the cherubim spell timer down to zero like I keep seeing? I made a zod-xis shield with 21 to cherubim (max roll i believe) yet the spell timer is still 0.4 seconds. I keep seeing videos of people with a zero spell timer.

If I recall you need 32 skill levels on the cherubim to get no cooldown
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
cnoltz wrote:How do you get the cherubim spell timer down to zero like I keep seeing? I made a zod-xis shield with 21 to cherubim (max roll i believe) yet the spell timer is still 0.4 seconds. I keep seeing videos of people with a zero spell timer.

IIrc Cherubim get benefit from skill level bonus from your items and charms? So it's able to reach 0s timer
hardtoforget
Monkey King
253 | 3
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Mehasto wrote:Just really bad luck. I used about 5 shrines before getting +49 OoA

I'm sorry, but this answer doesn't really help me. It is not wise to do statistical conclusions based on a data of 5 tries :)
I'm a new player on Sin War and I found a Golden Cycle during my 2 runs of Triune. This doesn't mean it happens all the time, you know)

I'd want to meet someone who spent a lot of time shinecrafting and saw results of thousands of shrine uses. Ideally including shrinecrafting OOA wands.

Edit: ah, I also have a following question:

Are there any ways to reduce enemy magic resistance besides Assas' Doom curse? Or is there a reliable way to get access to Doom on an OOA Necro?
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
hardtoforget wrote:
Mehasto wrote:Just really bad luck. I used about 5 shrines before getting +49 OoA

I'm sorry, but this answer doesn't really help me. It is not wise to do statistical conclusions based on a data of 5 tries :)
I'm a new player on Sin War and I found a Golden Cycle during my 2 runs of Triune. This doesn't mean it happens all the time, you know)

I'd want to meet someone who spent a lot of time shinecrafting and saw results of thousands of shrine uses. Ideally including shrinecrafting OOA wands.

If you already know that statistics of a single person doesn't work, why even bother asking? It's quite a ridiculous approach trying to find a person who rolled thousands of shrines and in addition to that also noted down all the rolls. You'd be better off just calculating it yourself.

Just go to this website, look at all the affix groups that can potentially roll on the item you want, and add a +1 to your integer (integer starts at 0) for each affix group and put a 1: in front of the number. There you have your chance for a single affix group of one roll. For a Grim Wand you have to add the affix groups of "Necromancer Wands" and "Weapons" together. If I calculated it correctly, it should be 1:53.

Then all you need to do is add the amount of affixes (rolls). You can roll 1-4 random affixes if you use a shrine. That means at worst your chance to roll it is 1:53, in the best case it's 4:53 (since you have up to 4 rolls).

However that's only the chance to spawn a random modifier of that certain affix group. There are 6 modifiers in that same group, so just devide these numbers by 6 and you have your chances. If you want to average it, put it all together and done.

1: 318
2: 318
3: 318
4: 318

Now make it an average:

10:1272 = 0,007861 = 0,7861%

That's your chance to roll that specific modifier. It's about 1 in 127 rolls. Note though that I didn't bother looking at wrong affix groups (for example groups that only spawn on class specific weapons, since "weapons" in the search list will list all class specific weapons. Though I don't know if that changes anything.) and I also didn't bother remembering all the affix groups from "Necromancer Wands" so some affix groups may or may not have been counted twice by me. And that doesn't end there. I ignored the prefix/suffix part, because it seems to me that 1/2 chance for each affix to roll either as suffix or prefix doesn't change much imho. But I don't know how exactly that works, and if you could potentially have the same affix group as both a suffix and prefix, but I honestly doubt it. And there's another mistake in my calculation. Since I think you can only roll 1 affix group per item, the chance to roll that affix group when 4 affixes are rolled is: 1:53 + 1:52 + 1:51 + 1:50. I just used 53 as a base because I didn't bother defining it further. If you want 100% reliable stochastic information, I guess you have to calculate it correctly by yourself. It probably is a better chance than 1 in 127 rolls from what I can deduct. Either way, I don't know if that's the way it is calculated. I just assume that the affix groups are noted down before the affixes of the affix group rolls, because that would make sense in order to not roll an affix of the same group twice accidentally. If somebody is be able to clarify, please do so. Also, you can just look at a random diablo wiki to see how affixes are rolled.

Mehasto already said it well: You just had really bad luck.
Well, I showed you the way. Good luck!
snufkin
Jungle Hunter
27 | 1
Is It possible to gamble sacred items? If yes , what are the odds?
flamron
Fallen
1 | 0
hello everyone! Great mod! I recently found it and play with pleasure. But I can’t find the information, although I have already covered the entire site. I don’t know, maybe I’m stupid, but I don’t understand why in some skills it is indicated which skill gives synergy, and in some it is not indicated. For example, the barbarian Synergies
+ 10% Cold Damage per Base Level
Cooldown Removed at Base Level 6
What gives + 10%? What skill? I pumped it to level 6 - and cooldown disappeared, but + 10% does not appear.
kortt
Core Lord
393 | 9
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
snufkin wrote:Is It possible to gamble sacred items? If yes , what are the odds?

Lucky Bonus

This recipe grants one chance to add a minor extra bonus to an item. Any item that has been transmuted with this recipe will show up as "Already upgraded!". Items marked as such cannot be used for this recipe.

Any item + Oil of Luck → returns item, may add bonuses
This recipe has 20% chance to add any of the following bonuses:

Weapon: +20% Enhanced Damage and/or 100% Bonus to Attack Rating
Elemental Weapon: +20% Attack Speed and/or 100% Bonus to Attack Rating
Armour: +20% Enhanced Defense and/or Damage Reduced by 1%
Amulet: +1 to All Skills
Ring: +5% to Spell Damage
Quiver: 5% Bonus to all Attributes
Jewel: +2 to Strength and/or +2 to Dexterity and/or +2 to Energy and/or +2 to Vitality

Lottery Bonus

This recipe works exactly like the lucky upgrade one, but it has only a 3% chance of adding the bonus. Any item that has been transmuted with this recipe will show up as "Already upgraded!". Items marked as such cannot be used for this recipe.

Any Unique/Set Weapon + Legacy of Blood
Any Unique/Set Armor + Idol of Vanity
Any Unique/Set Amulet + Moon of the Spider
Any Unique Ring + Spirit Trance Herb
Any Unique Quiver + Azmodan's Heart
Any Unique Jewel + Sunstone of the Gods → returns item, may add bonuses
This recipe has 3% chance to add any of the following bonuses:

Unique/Set Weapon: Ignore Target's Defense
Unique/Set Armour: Increase Maximum Life 5%
Unique Amulet: +(1 to 2) % to All Maximum Resistances
Unique Ring: +1 to All Skills
Unique Quiver: 50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Unique Jewel: All Resists +10%
Edited by kortt 3 years.
snufkin
Jungle Hunter
27 | 1
I was asking about gambling with npcs like Gheed from act 1.