Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
How to dodge Athulua stun arrow?
It is homing, so whenever I ran away, it is either she caught me and burst me out, or I ran too far away from her!
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
GoochMcNuts wrote:does min max dmg, deadly strike, spell dmg, crushing blow, spell pierce or enhanced weapon damage effect innate elemental dmg?

Only pierce to corresponding element and crushing blow (since it's still weapon damage)
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Chance wrote:It is homing, so whenever I ran away, it is either she caught me and burst me out, or I ran too far away from her!

The strategy would depend on what build you're using. You can use summons to tank for you or get enough defenses and fhr to tank her yourself. Having in mind there's no lockdown timer though, where is the problem?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Scalewinged wrote:
GoochMcNuts wrote:does min max dmg, deadly strike, spell dmg, crushing blow, spell pierce or enhanced weapon damage effect innate elemental dmg?

Only pierce to corresponding element and crushing blow (since it's still weapon damage)

With one exception: spell damage % works but only for Windform/Whirlwind. (and technically things like Mana Pulse and Moonstrike that are a single melee attack, but good luck making those useful as an attack and not just a buff.)
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Spell damage only works for spells, as the name advertises. Spell damage working on direct melee attacks (which whirlwind actually is, fast melee attacks) is a bug and i expect it to be fixed in 2.0.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Istaryu wrote:Spell damage only works for spells, as the name advertises. Spell damage working on direct melee attacks (which whirlwind actually is, fast melee attacks) is a bug and i expect it to be fixed in 2.0.

This doesn't actually contradict anything I said. I was just pointing out the existence of the bug. Not sure it's much of an increase in damage for innate elemental since windform barbs with spell damage are usually either proc or poison focused, but it's a thing. I guess Hammer of Jholm builds could use it?

And I don't care that much to speculate on what'll happen in 2.0 before we get patch notes; the team's shown they're willing to take advantage of existing d2 engine bugs like the PDR one that makes QT cheesable, so I couldn't tell you whether or not they're going to keep it.
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
ILoseControl wrote:where is the problem?

I can't deal any damage to her and the fight might take 5-6 hours, then that is the problem!
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
How to dodge Athulua stun arrow? It is homing, so whenever I ran away, it is either she caught me and burst me out, or I ran too far away from her!
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Chance wrote:How to dodge Athulua stun arrow? It is homing, so whenever I ran away, it is either she caught me and burst me out, or I ran too far away from her!

No way I know of to dodge it except to just get defense. IIRC you were playing a fire sorc? You should be able to make it work as fire/cold with the cold passive at the 25k defense cap, gear MO'd with TCD, and/or summoning ice elementals to distract her, but if all else fails a respec to lightning/cold gets you 200k+ defense and should make the fight pretty easy.
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
Siosilvar wrote:
Chance wrote:How to dodge Athulua stun arrow? It is homing, so whenever I ran away, it is either she caught me and burst me out, or I ran too far away from her!

No way I know of to dodge it except to just get defense. IIRC you were playing a fire sorc? You should be able to make it work as fire/cold with the cold passive at the 25k defense cap, gear MO'd with TCD, and/or summoning ice elementals to distract her, but if all else fails a respec to lightning/cold gets you 200k+ defense and should make the fight pretty easy.

Thanks mate