Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I rolled a really good crafted bow with 50 ias and I was wundering if I could roll more ias onto it with MOs from gheed. I have no reason to think that would be a problem but there is a cap for 200ed on weapons and armor pieces and I just wanted to make sure that there isn't a cap for ias on a sacred crafted reflex bow before I roll the MOs.
PhucHung
Abomination
147 | 17
Can oil of luck add to 200%ed? I try several times but keep failing (can't add to 150% attack rating either)
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
PhucHung wrote:Can oil of luck add to 200%ed? I try several times but keep failing (can't add to 150% attack rating either)

there is a cap of 200ed on weapons and armor you can bypass it if your making a runeword by rolling as much base ed via oils and MOs and then completing the rune word but as for regular items the cap is 200. Also there is a bug with rolling lucky oils onto white weapons where it just won't give the 20%ed but if it has sockets it will. Also I don't think there is a cap on %ar, I've had up to 250% ar on a weapon so might be just unlucky there.
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
GoochMcNuts wrote:there is a cap of 200ed on weapons and armor you can bypass it if your making a runeword by rolling as much base ed via oils and MOs and then completing the rune word but as for regular items the cap is 200. Also there is a bug with rolling lucky oils onto white weapons where it just won't give the 20%ed but if it has sockets it will. Also I don't think there is a cap on %ar, I've had up to 250% ar on a weapon so might be just unlucky there.

The info on bug was useful.
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
Does anybody know, are signets of skill (the one that grant skill points, 3 per character) still in the game? I heard they could seldomly drop in Torajan Jungle back in the days.
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Been out of the game for a couple years. What does (AT) mean on item descriptions?
Lasersdufutur
Heretic
415 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Effective wrote:Been out of the game for a couple years. What does (AT) mean on item descriptions?

Auto transfer
Giu
Core Lord
390 | 61
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Seikun wrote:Does anybody know, are signets of skill (the one that grant skill points, 3 per character) still in the game? I heard they could seldomly drop in Torajan Jungle back in the days.

Don't exist anymore.
Ripper89
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hello, I have a short question regarding the Great Runes from Toraja/Fauztinville. After about 10-15 Toraja runs, I managed to find only Krys Runes (about 7-8 pieces total). Also, after about 5 Fauzt runs, I found 2 Taha Runes. It seems to me that these runes have a greater drop bias than the other runes. The Toraja rune drops are really suspicious from this point of view. Does anybody know why I've found only Krys Runes and not a single one of the others? I think I should've found some of the others as well. I'm playing single player. Also, does anybody have an idea what are the chances for each of these runes to drop (both Toraja and Fauzt). Thanks in advance!
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Ripper89 wrote:Hello, I have a short question regarding the Great Runes from Toraja/Fauztinville. After about 10-15 Toraja runs, I managed to find only Krys Runes (about 7-8 pieces total). Also, after about 5 Fauzt runs, I found 2 Taha Runes. It seems to me that these runes have a greater drop bias than the other runes. The Toraja rune drops are really suspicious from this point of view. Does anybody know why I've found only Krys Runes and not a single one of the others? I think I should've found some of the others as well. I'm playing single player. Also, does anybody have an idea what are the chances for each of these runes to drop (both Toraja and Fauzt). Thanks in advance!

Fauz: Taha, Ghal, Qor. each next rune has a lower chance to drop, if I remember correctly, the drop ratios are 3:2:1, 4:2:1 or something like that. so, if it's 3:2:1, then 50% of the great rune drops are Taha, 33% are Ghal, and 17% are Qor. It used to be that each full clear of Fauz gave about one great rune, but I don't know what's the chance now, after Fauz was changed.

Same thing is with Krys, Auhe, Sha'ad in Toraja. Something like 3:2:1: 50%, 33% and 16%.
It used to be that you needed several runs to get one great rune, but Toraja's been changed since I last played, so my info is probably wrong.

As for getting only 8 Krys and no other rune, it's just random chance. Just because something that has a low probability of happening happens, doesn't mean things are wrong, especially on such a small sample size as yours.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017