1071 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
CorralTheTroops wrote:
So if I understand correctly, magic poison is being checked after passive poison, and this means that snake stance is not being added on snake bite.

Is the poison damage from windform active poison or passive poison? I really want to build something strong around it, but I can't seem to figure how. It seems that rebound calculates damage when the axes are spawned from the main proj, so it's possible to apply windform to many enemies in this way, and you can scale the direct melee hit part of windform for single target. (Using dual wield sword and axe).

Snake stance is not being added on snake bite anymore, yes.

As for windform, I was told that this skill could only hit 1 target at one time(But in 2.0, this will change). If thats true, I dont think its a good skill to spread ur poison damage, even though windform can hit very fast like 4 FPA.
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
CorralTheTroops wrote:
So if I understand correctly, magic poison is being checked after passive poison, and this means that snake stance is not being added on snake bite.

Is the poison damage from windform active poison or passive poison? I really want to build something strong around it, but I can't seem to figure how. It seems that rebound calculates damage when the axes are spawned from the main proj, so it's possible to apply windform to many enemies in this way, and you can scale the direct melee hit part of windform for single target. (Using dual wield sword and axe).

Snake stance is not being added on snake bite anymore, yes.

As for windform, I was told that this skill could only hit 1 target at one time(But in 2.0, this will change). If thats true, I dont think its a good skill to spread ur poison damage, even though windform can hit very fast like 4 FPA.

I think it's weird that snake stance is a spell poison damage source; alternatively it might give active poison damage (I don't know how to be sure).

Windfrom directly affects sheet dps, so you can throw a rebound, and if you are in windform as it hits the wall, all the spawned rebound projectiles will apply the windform passive poison at 100wdm.
So the idea would be to use that to spread the windform, and use the main windform melee proc when you want to melt single targets. (need to see the math for sure, and I'm not yet sure if gladiators dominance affects windform)
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1071 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
CorralTheTroops wrote:
I think it's weird that snake stance is a spell poison damage source; alternatively it might give active poison damage (I don't know how to be sure).

Windfrom directly affects sheet dps, so you can throw a rebound, and if you are in windform as it hits the wall, all the spawned rebound projectiles will apply the windform passive poison at 100wdm.
So the idea would be to use that to spread the windform, and use the main windform melee proc when you want to melt single targets. (need to see the math for sure, and I'm not yet sure if gladiators dominance affects windform)

Afak, snake stance is a weapon poison damage source, it just doesnt apply to snake bite due to 1.6's nerf to snake bite.
I get ur point. I dont know if all the hits will be added windform poison damage when u rebound first and then windform.
If so, Im not sure the poison damage added from windform is high enough to make a big difference.
And even it does, the playstyle seems kinda awkward to me. But yeah, it is quite an idea.
CorralTheTroops
Gravedigger
185 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
CorralTheTroops wrote:

Afak, snake stance is a weapon poison damage source, it just doesnt apply to snake bite due to 1.6's nerf to snake bite.
I get ur point. I dont know if all the hits will be added windform poison damage when u rebound first and then windform.
If so, Im not sure the poison damage added from windform is high enough to make a big difference.
And even it does, the playstyle seems kinda awkward to me. But yeah, it is quite an idea.

Sorry to keep dragging this out; I've been doing some science while levelling and I noticed that Windform is proccing Snake Stance.
It's really strong for single target, I killed normal baal in 3-4 hits. I think it might be a strong idea to dual wield 1 axe and 1 sword, and use stampede for mobs and windform for single target.
I want to know if Glad's dominance poison duration will stack with windform+snake stance (furthermore does it scale the duration part with levels or not?), or whether it's better to go for runemaster, since we will be stacking -enemy poison res runes in our equipment anyway.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1071 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
CorralTheTroops wrote:
Sorry to keep dragging this out; I've been doing some science while levelling and I noticed that Windform is proccing Snake Stance.
It's really strong for single target, I killed normal baal in 3-4 hits. I think it might be a strong idea to dual wield 1 axe and 1 sword, and use stampede for mobs and windform for single target.
I want to know if Glad's dominance poison duration will stack with windform+snake stance (furthermore does it scale the duration part with levels or not?), or whether it's better to go for runemaster, since we will be stacking -enemy poison res runes in our equipment anyway.

Windform is supposed to work with Snake Stance, for its a WDM skill.

Maybe there is a potiental for windform as a single target skill, Idk. What I see most is ppl using it to proc on melee attack procs.

Not sure if Glad's will work with windform.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Windform + Snake Stance works just fine for single target, and a crafted Crystal Sword with AoE Attack gives it reasonable crowd clearing later. The issue with running throwing axe + sword and using Stampede is that Stampede does nothing unless the axe is glove side, and then your sword is reduced to a stat stick, when what you really want is the other way around both for weapon range adder and for just general better stats. Works alright for leveling though.

IIRC Gladiator's Dominance works for windform/snake stance, 1pt is all you need, and it's the best choice late game anyway because block.

Also worth noting that your single-target Windform + Snake Stance (but not any WDM procs) will benefit from % poison spell damage because of the direct melee attack bug.
Hej_Jude
Invader
9 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Hello. i'm a newbie here, and was wondering about this Shamanka everyone is talking about. What is the benefit's for having one? I managed to find one, but i cant see any improvement for my fire sorc. Thanks for help....
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Hej_Jude wrote:Hello. i'm a newbie here, and was wondering about this Shamanka everyone is talking about. What is the benefit's for having one? I managed to find one, but i cant see any improvement for my fire sorc. Thanks for help....

Shamanka gives you the Bloodlust oskill, which is a buff that gives bonus physical weapon & elemental spell damage.
godoffails
Bone Archer
78 | 8
Hej_Jude wrote:Hello. i'm a newbie here, and was wondering about this Shamanka everyone is talking about. What is the benefit's for having one? I managed to find one, but i cant see any improvement for my fire sorc. Thanks for help....

Shamanka is used on switched weapon for prebuffing oskill bloodlust.
Use some current "Nih" runes in it for increase the buff duration.
Hej_Jude
Invader
9 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Siosilvar wrote:

Shamanka gives you the Bloodlust oskill, which is a buff that gives bonus physical weapon & elemental spell damage.

Thanks for reply