Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
themajon wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:
themajon wrote:I found a magical(blue) sacred ethereal Long Sword and I would like to make Xis-Shark... Is there any way I can use this for runewords? Can I remove the magic without rerolling it as non-ethereal? My guess is no, but I hope im not right.

If no, what is the best place to farm etheral long swords?

Nope, if you cube it with green oil it will become non-eth. Farming labs for
Empyrean Touch
Empyrean Touch
Occult Effigy

Cube Reagent
Cube with Any Weapon/Armor to Add Bonus
Item Becomes Ethereal
+10 Required Level
is your best option to get eth items.

Thanks for the answer. Didn't know that one. Is it worth using it on a longsword to make it ethereal eventhough it is +10 level required? And when you cube it - will you then in preparation have the Long Sword rdy luckoied and everything? or will you lucky it afterwards?

Well if you're planning on using empyrean touch, then you'd better get a good item to put it on. So yes, get a good base with lucky before using the empyrean touch. For xis runewords you need to take into account that, if you want to make it ethereal with empyrean touch, then you also need an indestructible jewel in the runeword. This means you first need to use the empyrean touch and then create the runeword (otherwise the runeword will be already indestructible). Rolling for a good runeword will therefore not be possible.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
themajon wrote:Thanks for the answer. Didn't know that one. Is it worth using it on a longsword to make it ethereal eventhough it is +10 level required? And when you cube it - will you then in preparation have the Long Sword rdy luckoied and everything? or will you lucky it afterwards?

Roll for 0 or 6 sockets -> roll lucky bonus -> retry until you get both -> add other MOs/effigies -> use hole punch recipe if it's 0 sockets -> use Empyrean Touch -> put in your runeword with an indestructible jewel.

Ethereal is a 50% base damage boost that's multiplied by ED and EWD. Of course it's worth it.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
goddy wrote:hi. I used to play 2 years ago median xl and really enjoyed it and decided to give it another go. Just wondering when is the new ladder reset going to occur and what is currently the best charm farmer and the best mf char in the game?
thanks

Welcome back!
It was confirmed that in the next patch a lot of new skills will be implemented and each tree will get its own skill tab. That will throw the meta right out of the window, so nobody can tell you what build is best at charm farming. And when the season will be released is an unanswereable question as well. It takes as much time as it takes. But it won't be in may as it seems.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Siosilvar wrote:
themajon wrote:Thanks for the answer. Didn't know that one. Is it worth using it on a longsword to make it ethereal eventhough it is +10 level required? And when you cube it - will you then in preparation have the Long Sword rdy luckoied and everything? or will you lucky it afterwards?

Roll for 0 or 6 sockets -> roll lucky bonus -> retry until you get both -> add other MOs/effigies -> use hole punch recipe if it's 0 sockets -> use Empyrean Touch -> put in your runeword with an indestructible jewel.

Ethereal is a 50% base damage boost that's multiplied by ED and EWD. Of course it's worth it.

Few fixes: first of all - eth have only 25% base stat multiplier; no need to MO it before emp touch - eth can be MOed after so it means you don't forced to have +30 req lvl runeword. With fact you want to make Xis-Shark - it's better NOT to MO wepen since it wil req lvl 150 after all the manipulations.
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Scalewinged wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:

Few fixes: first of all - eth have only 25% base stat multiplier; no need to MO it before emp touch - eth can be MOed after so it means you don't forced to have +30 req lvl runeword. With fact you want to make Xis-Shark - it's better NOT to MO wepen since it wil req lvl 150 after all the manipulations.

You are correct. The only thing I'll add is that there is a single mystic orb, for which adding before/after making the runeword does make a difference. This is the %ED mystic orb (both for enhanced damage and defense). An item can normally have up to 200% ED, with the exception for runewords. This is because the base itself can be considered a separate item, on top of which the other effects are added. If you add the %ED after the runeword is made, this will not have any effect, because the %ED is already capped. The only way to add more %ED would be applying the orbs before making the runeword.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Scalewinged wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:

Oh, good points. Forgot it was reduced and good to know it can be MO'd after - can it be hole punched after?

Elemental Dominion
Elemental Dominion
Occult Effigy

Cube Reagent
Cube with a Zero Socket Weapon to Add Bonus
Adds 75-125 Fire Damage
Adds 75-125 Lightning Damage
Adds 75-125 Cold Damage
+10 Required Level
is the reason I wrote that order anyway since you have to roll 0 socket, use Elemental Dominion, and then hole punch after. Guess it doesn't matter otherwise (except for putting ED on before runewords to get around the cap).
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Siosilvar wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:

Oh, good points. Forgot it was reduced and good to know it can be MO'd after - can it be hole punched after?

Elemental Dominion
Elemental Dominion
Occult Effigy

Cube Reagent
Adds 75-125 Fire Damage
Adds 75-125 Cold Damage
+10 Required Level
is the reason I wrote that order anyway since you have to roll 0 socket, use Elemental Dominion, and then hole punch after. Guess it doesn't matter otherwise (except for putting ED on before runewords to get around the cap).

Well... if you plan to MO ED -then for sure it is only worth to MO before doing RW. Just need to keep in mind that all the +req level will be added to the highest socketable req lvl. So if you lvl 140, for example, and wanna do Shark-Xis - you can add only 2 ED MO (120 El-Xis req lvl + 10 req lvl if Emp touch used +8 from 2 MOs= 138 req lvl total)

Other than that - any cube recipes can be applied on eth inc. MO, socket punch, luck, lotto..
themajon
Destroyer
6 | 0
Scalewinged wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:

Elemental Dominion
Elemental Dominion
Occult Effigy

Cube Reagent
Adds 75-125 Fire Damage
Adds 75-125 Cold Damage
+10 Required Level

Well... if you plan to MO ED -then for sure it is only worth to MO before doing RW. Just need to keep in mind that all the +req level will be added to the highest socketable req lvl. So if you lvl 140, for example, and wanna do Shark-Xis - you can add only 2 ED MO (120 El-Xis req lvl + 10 req lvl if Emp touch used +8 from 2 MOs= 138 req lvl total)

Other than that - any cube recipes can be applied on eth inc. MO, socket punch, luck, lotto..

Thanks this was very useful. Im lvl 128 and I would like to use my shark soon, so I can use it for farming. I think im going to use it when im lvl 130. Should I go Elemental Dominion or would 30 ED% MO be better? I think I will go with Elemental Dominion, but im not sure. Im playing Wolf Harbringer Druid Str.

That is of course if I find a Eth Superior and dont use Emp Touch.
thanks.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
themajon wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:Well... if you plan to MO ED -then for sure it is only worth to MO before doing RW. Just need to keep in mind that all the +req level will be added to the highest socketable req lvl. So if you lvl 140, for example, and wanna do Shark-Xis - you can add only 2 ED MO (120 El-Xis req lvl + 10 req lvl if Emp touch used +8 from 2 MOs= 138 req lvl total)

Thanks this was very useful. Im lvl 128 and I would like to use my shark soon, so I can use it for farming. I think im going to use it when im lvl 130. Should I go Elemental Dominion or would 30 ED% MO be better? I think I will go with Elemental Dominion, but im not sure. Im playing Wolf Harbringer Druid Str.

That is of course if I find a Eth Superior and dont use Emp Touch.
thanks.

Elemental Dominion won't give you much damage on a phys build like strength wolf since you won't have the pierce to scale it.

Larzuk's Round Shot
Larzuk's Round Shot
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
+10% Enhanced Damage
2% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +30%
+20 to Strength
+10 Required Level
should be good if you have it, otherwise 2x %ED for now. Keep in mind that you won't be able to add more ED after you make the runeword since it already gives 200%, so because you can't unsocket a TalXis you'll have to make a whole new one if you want to upgrade the ED later.
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
You can use 2x
Sigil of Absolution
Sigil of Absolution
Occult Effigy

Cube Reagent
Cube with Any Weapon/Armor to Add Bonus
-5 Required Level
Requirements +25%
(Max 2 Uses per Item)
Cannot be Used with Runewords
to offset MO's (but not UMO's or Effigies), for more damage at a lower required level.