Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
mstyyyy
Imp
5 | 0
Hi all, newbie question. Fire Hydra is ilvl 130 yet I see on forums recommendations to farm for it in Fauzt which is area level 125. But 130 > 125 and that means it can't drop?

Do I have to farm something like Scosglen since it's alvl is 130 to see it drop? I'd prefer Fauzt since it goes much faster for my gear/skill
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
mstyyyy wrote:Hi all, newbie question. Fire Hydra is ilvl 130 yet I see on forums recommendations to farm for it in Fauzt which is area level 125. But 130 > 125 and that means it can't drop?

Do I have to farm something like Scosglen since it's alvl is 130 to see it drop? I'd prefer Fauzt since it goes much faster for my gear/skill

The required lvl to enter fauzt is 125, but area level is 130. The required lvl to enter scos is 130, but the area level is 135. So fire hydra will drop in both places. You can turn on area lvl in the options if you don't already see it.
zay
Jungle Hunter
29 | 0
mstyyyy wrote:Hi all, newbie question. Fire Hydra is ilvl 130 yet I see on forums recommendations to farm for it in Fauzt which is area level 125. But 130 > 125 and that means it can't drop?

fauztinville is ilvl130, the required level to enter isn't the same as the item level of the area, there are other areas like that (duncraig is 120req but 125ilvl, tran athulua is 115req but 118 ilvl)
mstyyyy
Imp
5 | 0
Thanks a lot for the explanation! I was looking here but I guess it lists the entry level required then! Will keep farming Fauzt :)
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
mstyyyy wrote:Thanks a lot for the explanation! I was looking here but I guess it lists the entry level required then! Will keep farming Fauzt :)

just as a tip, stick to the official documentation when possible, the wiki is not kept up to date
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Where is the best place to level for 115-120, 120-125, etc? Obviously depends on how efficient you clear, but let's say all the same. Cow > Tran > Dunc > Fautz ?
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
WTK: if one has 1% chance to proc lvl 1 arrow on striking + 1% chance to proc lvl 2 arrow on striking + 1% chance to proc lvl 3 arrow on striking = (1+1+1)% chance to proc lvl 1 arrow on striking?
In short, chance added but lvl down to the lowest?
Shovelspoon
Pit Knight
106 | 8
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
cnlnjzfjb wrote:WTK: if one has 1% chance to proc lvl 1 arrow on striking + 1% chance to proc lvl 2 arrow on striking + 1% chance to proc lvl 3 arrow on striking = (1+1+1)% chance to proc lvl 1 arrow on striking?

Those should all just be separate instances of there being a 1% chance to cast. Technically if you had that you'd be able to have all 3 procs go off on the same strike.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Semigloss wrote:Where is the best place to level for 115-120, 120-125, etc? Obviously depends on how efficient you clear, but let's say all the same. Cow > Tran > Dunc > Fautz ?

For pure XP I think that's correct.

Shovelspoon wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:WTK: if one has 1% chance to proc lvl 1 arrow on striking + 1% chance to proc lvl 2 arrow on striking + 1% chance to proc lvl 3 arrow on striking = (1+1+1)% chance to proc lvl 1 arrow on striking?

Those should all just be separate instances of there being a 1% chance to cast. Technically if you had that you'd be able to have all 3 procs go off on the same strike.

this is correct. they would only add if they're all the same level
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Shovelspoon wrote:

Thx.