Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
damaconz wrote:I'm trying to make the Gehenna runeword for my Necrolyte merc, but can't figure out why this tier 4 warp blade only has two sockets. What did I do wrong?

1) Bought warp blade from A4 merchant
2) Cubed with oil of renewal to make it a non-magical item
3) Could not socket punch more than 2 sockets

I checked the documentation and it shows that a level 4 warp blade should have 6 sockets (more than I need, I know). What am I missing?

you can only use 1 green oil per item, if you rolled 2 sockets get new item and roll again
it can roll from 0 up to 6 sockets randomly.
damaconz
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
boozek wrote:
damaconz wrote:I'm trying to make the Gehenna runeword for my Necrolyte merc, but can't figure out why this tier 4 warp blade only has two sockets. What did I do wrong?

I checked the documentation and it shows that a level 4 warp blade should have 6 sockets (more than I need, I know). What am I missing?

you can only use 1 green oil per item, if you rolled 2 sockets get new item and roll again

Ohhhhh, so each time I use an oil of renewal, it will randomly choose the number of sockets? Do I need to uptier the item from level 1 to level 4 before I use the renewal, because the base level 1 item only has two sockets.

Thanks!
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
damaconz wrote:
boozek wrote:

Ohhhhh, so each time I use an oil of renewal, it will randomly choose the number of sockets? Do I need to uptier the item from level 1 to level 4 before I use the renewal, because the base level 1 item only has two sockets.

Thanks!

Just gamble tier4
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
boozek wrote:
damaconz wrote:
boozek wrote:

Thanks!

Just gamble tier4

All wrong... first of all - a3 merc can't use sorc swords iirc. And second - oil of renewal return item with 0 or max sockets. You got 2 sockets because you cubed it with only 2 jewels. No other way. # of jewels = # of sockets you get
damaconz
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Finally acquired everything to make Icebreaker and want to confirm I understand the steps to maximize the bow's potential. Can somebody make sure I'm not overlooking anything?

1) Acquire reflex bow
2) Cube with oil of renewal to reduce to base item (should be superior with at least 5 sockets)
3) MO until 200% ED
4) Use oil of luck to see if it's lucky (if it's not, should I keep gambling until I find one that is since this will likely be my last bow until I hopefully find Athulua's Wrath?)
5) Insert jewels/runes

What's best to MO and socket for bowazon? Skulls for ED and EWD MOs? Something else?

Thanks!
Upsss
Mahasattva
904 | 1
Veli King gains bonus DS from Nighthawk Upgrades?
When summoning two abyssal knights at the same time, chaos nova does not deal additional damage, is this a bug or is it intended?
MediUser0
Fallen
1 | 0
Does Life on Melee Attack works with Barb's Earthquake (Tremor? Aftershock? Both? None?) ?
Thank you!
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
MediUser0 wrote:Does Life on Melee Attack works with Barb's Earthquake (Tremor? Aftershock? Both? None?) ?
Thank you!

The initial melee attack only. So once per earthquake attack.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
damaconz wrote:Finally acquired everything to make Icebreaker and want to confirm I understand the steps to maximize the bow's potential. Can somebody make sure I'm not overlooking anything?

1) Acquire reflex bow
2) Cube with oil of renewal to reduce to base item (should be superior with at least 5 sockets)
3) MO until 200% ED
4) Use oil of luck to see if it's lucky (if it's not, should I keep gambling until I find one that is since this will likely be my last bow until I hopefully find Athulua's Wrath?)
5) Insert jewels/runes

What's best to MO and socket for bowazon? Skulls for ED and EWD MOs? Something else?

Thanks!

2) now always return superior item with 0 or max sockets (if 0 - cube with 6 jewels)
3) you can apply only 5 MOs - so you won't get 200 ED anyhow
4) Superior items can't be luckied

You already MOed ED, insert skulls for Paragon and apply EWD ON COMPLETE RUNEWORD (NOT before making it) as you level
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Upsss wrote:Veli King gains bonus DS from Nighthawk Upgrades?
When summoning two abyssal knights at the same time, chaos nova does not deal additional damage, is this a bug or is it intended?

Yes
It's due to ND on nova. So most of times there's no point in summoning 2 knights per cast.. they summoned too close to eachother so novas just expanding inside eachother