Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Ruubel wrote:Atanna Khan teleports to me and kills me oneshot, any advice ?

Respec to full vitality and replace all your gear with either quiet or enchanted crafts for that fight. Pounce does 12k magic damage.
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Siosilvar wrote:

Respec to full vitality and replace all your gear with either quiet or enchanted crafts for that fight. Pounce does 12k magic damage.

[x] doubt

My sorc was taking less than 6k per pounce with 50% DR and would have been one shot every single time if it dealt 12k magic.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
cowking wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:

[x] doubt

My sorc was taking less than 6k per pounce with 50% DR and would have been one shot every single time if it dealt 12k magic.

Hmm, interesting. I've been running off of memory and not paying too much attention to exactly how much damage is incoming, but it does seem the pounce itself is only doing 6-7k to my pala. Do you know if that was changed in 2.0, or if I missed something before?

(also unrelated but similar: barrels seem to be doing 3k magic and 3k physical damage now)
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Siosilvar wrote:
cowking wrote:
Siosilvar wrote:

[x] doubt

Hmm, interesting. I've been running off of memory and not paying too much attention to exactly how much damage is incoming, but it does seem the pounce itself is only doing 6-7k to my pala. Do you know if that was changed in 2.0, or if I missed something before?

(also unrelated but similar: barrels seem to be doing 3k magic and 3k physical damage now)

Definitely changed in 2.0 because of the life-dmg squish. PR should still not work against the pounce though.
arcnix
Imp
5 | 1
For an elemental barbarian is better iron spiral or earthquake?
Xizor89
Imp
5 | 0
what are the nephalem statues in island of skatara for?
Llewllyn
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
What is the Emblem of Terror for?
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
The Sandstorm oskill. It releases a bunch of twisters when hitting something. Do all the twisters hit the initial target or none of them?
Or is this skill like Charged Strike and the amount of twisters that hit the enemy depend on your positioning?

Also a question about Charged Strike oskill. Is it possible to hit something with all of the Charged Strike projectiles or is there some cap?
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
644 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Definitely changed in 2.0 because of the life-dmg squish. PR should still not work against the pounce thou

tested it with and without PR, no difference at pounce (used crafted bear stance shield). So it has to be a fat belly as a defence :D

Enchanted shrines give 1-2% and at body armor 2-4% magic resistance, I do not think, it makes a remarkable difference, at max 14%
cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ruubel wrote:
tested it wih and without PR, no difference at pounce (used crafted bear stance shield). So it has to be a fat belly as a defence :D

Yep you're right, forgot about mana shield (does work) which made it look like %DR was working. My bad.

Ruubel wrote:Enchanted shrines give 1-2% and at body armor 2-4% magic resistance, I do not think, it makes a remarkable difference, at max 14%

You forgot shrine bless + lottery amu (eg.
Felblood
Felblood
Amulet

Required Level: 10
Item Level: 1
Metal Solace: Also Regenerates Totem Life
+(1 to 2) to Necromancer Skill Levels
5% Life stolen per Hit
+4 to Life (Based on Character Level)
3% Reanimate as: Random Monster
).