Discuss Median XL!
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Rishab, we used to play past. I never got such problems with necromancer.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You're lvl 19. If you can't kill a Steelfur Titan as a melee char for obvious reasons (thorns aura), then skip it. If you're dying to every monster, then it's player fault.

Done? Done. What is your next question? Is it something we can help with?
foufoumoro
Vampiress
36 | 1
Hey I cant manage to kill Akarat.
On my way to her, I cant keep many followers alive.. Once I reach her, all followers always die at the same time, and then she cant be killed because she regens non stop at full health.
I tried like 6-7 times now, every time I make fewer mistakes (I keep followers alive as much as possible), but then she refuses to die.
Last try I even got her to 40 hp, got 2 followers nearby, I thought it was finally done
Killed the first follower, got her vulnerable, full dps on her, no matter what I tried, she just kept regening.
Second followers arrives, I kill him, she's low hp but no, she regens when I hit her so her life goes up and down like crazy but she refuses to die.

What am I missing here ??
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
is there a forum topic somewhere in which someone showed what oskills are possible when crafting for a specific item?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
darkstorm wrote:is there a forum topic somewhere in which someone showed what oskills are possible when crafting for a specific item?

In the docs under the Wiki tab, go to item affixes and select the box for Oskills

Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
foufoumoro wrote:Hey I cant manage to kill Akarat.
On my way to her, I cant keep many followers alive.. Once I reach her, all followers always die at the same time, and then she cant be killed because she regens non stop at full health.
I tried like 6-7 times now, every time I make fewer mistakes (I keep followers alive as much as possible), but then she refuses to die.
Last try I even got her to 40 hp, got 2 followers nearby, I thought it was finally done
Killed the first follower, got her vulnerable, full dps on her, no matter what I tried, she just kept regening.
Second followers arrives, I kill him, she's low hp but no, she regens when I hit her so her life goes up and down like crazy but she refuses to die.

You just need more damage.

Also, Akarat is a guy
Cription
Fallen
1 | 0
What decisions led to the current design of the character skill trees?

I feel like the ones in Median are a step down from D2. Less choices, more restriction, less freedom. It's honestly the only thing I dislike about the mod; however, skills are a big part of the game so even though it's only one aspect it weighs heavy. Finding a different way to provide the Reward Skills, either through charms or crafting reagents that can add the skill to an item, and opening up the skill tree more would be a huge improvement.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
foufoumoro wrote:Killed the first follower, got her vulnerable, full dps on her, no matter what I tried, she just kept regening.

Lure some followers far away... play smart!

HE heals when HE kills something like you or a summon or a revive or a merc.

darkstorm wrote:is there a forum topic somewhere in which someone showed what oskills are possible when crafting for a specific item?

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes
foufoumoro
Vampiress
36 | 1
ok thanks didnt know the regen came from the killing of summons, I'll keep from summoning when I reach him and hopefully that'll do it
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Cription wrote:What decisions led to the current design of the character skill trees?

I feel like the ones in Median are a step down from D2. Less choices, more restriction, less freedom. It's honestly the only thing I dislike about the mod; however, skills are a big part of the game so even though it's only one aspect it weighs heavy. Finding a different way to provide the Reward Skills, either through charms or crafting reagents that can add the skill to an item, and opening up the skill tree more would be a huge improvement.

To be honest, I don't know what Laz was thinking when he created the skilltrees, but I'll try answering that for you.

In cLoD there were some problems with synergies. For example you could easily put all points in Fireball, resulting in huge amounts of mana costs early on. However, if you were to put everything into Firebolt as a synergy to Fireball, you were able to use Fireball much more often but with less damage dealt. That lead to the point that you always felt like smaxing all those synergies even though sometimes you didn't really need to or didn't have enough points to do so. It also resulted in mana costs being either too high or too low, which is a lazy approach for balance. It's like the devs telling the player: balance it yourself or you suck.

By restricting the skills the problem about mana costs is nearly non-existant. As is the too-strong fireball early in the game part. If you want to put points in a skill you can only get so far before you need to get another 6 levels.

Actually what I've always found good about the part with +1 max skill levels every 6 clevels: You get to try out more skills. You don't just bunk all points into your main skill, but contrarily, you are shown: Look, you can use other skills as well and still manage. So in a way this restriction is actually opening up more freedom. Kinda weird, but that's my opinion.

In case of reward skills: You basically get 1 of them for free without doing much. The other one is usually more important and thus worth a little challenge. Either way, any endgame char can get those skills, so I honestly don't understand why you would want to change the way you unlock it. Could you elaborate further?