Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
After a great many ifs and buts, a couple of errors, and some regrettable expenses, I finally managed to have a disc reader installed and figured out how to install Median. I want to make an Iron Spiral Barbarian like I had a year ago, but the only guide I could find is years old.https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=18385. Is it still valid, or have the patches broken it in some way?
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Anyone know the duration of Tainted Blood? Doesn't seem to say like the other Paladin skills.

patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
tbone503 wrote:Anyone know the duration of Tainted Blood? Doesn't seem to say like the other Paladin skills.

Check the description in the skill tree
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Thanks, kind of hidden there.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Khazra Plate on an act 5 merc. Anyone have preferred UMOs to add to it? It's paired with a tri-beam pally if that makes any difference.
oskaroso8
Destroyer
7 | 0
Any estimations about when will we get next major update like the one in january 2019? I couldn't find any informations and it's been almost 2 years
demoner
Acid Prince
49 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
oskaroso8 wrote:Any estimations about when will we get next major update like the one in january 2019? I couldn't find any informations and it's been almost 2 years

Nothing official, but it was hinted at in the 1.7 preview that "Behind the scenes, in addition to our regular patch cycle, we are hard at work on the biggest content drop in Median XL history" by Marco.

Next league should be around early January 2021, so check back then, but of course, remember, nothing is promised.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I've changed my hotkeys using the preference menu and for some reason whenever I quite the game and come back they go back to the settings I had before. Anyone know what might be causing this? And how to fix it so I don't have to go to preferences and reset all my hot keys every time I start up median?
nothingz5
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Is Snake Bite a spell?
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
tbone503 wrote:I've changed my hotkeys using the preference menu and for some reason whenever I quite the game and come back they go back to the settings I had before. Anyone know what might be causing this? And how to fix it so I don't have to go to preferences and reset all my hot keys every time I start up median?

Seems like kind of protection from changing cfg file. Check preferences.json in MXL save folder (C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\MedianXL\save) if if it have "read only" property. Disable it if so.
PS: And ofc we all now that MXL launcher and game.exe must be set "run as admin"