Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | 0
What happens to an Eth item if you do the 2 Arcane Crystals + Learning Potion recipe?

What about if you just uptier it with an Arcane Crystal?

Finally, dumb question, does an ethereal item disappear completely when it's durability reaches 0(if it doesn't, I could just do the above anyways)?
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
HurtSmash404 wrote:What happens to an Eth item if you do the 2 Arcane Crystals + Learning Potion recipe?

Finally, dumb question, does an ethereal item disappear completely when it's durability reaches 0(if it doesn't, I could just do the above anyways)?

The recipe to create uniques works on ethereal items, but the output will be non-ethereal. You don’t gain anything doing it that way. Same goes with the upgrade. The cube recipes never spawn ethereal items. It is called an oil of enhancement btw

As far as I’m aware, ethereal items disappear when reaching 0 durability. Just put indestructible jewel so it doesn’t happen.
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | 0
Johnny Impak wrote:
HurtSmash404 wrote:What happens to an Eth item if you do the 2 Arcane Crystals + Learning Potion recipe?

The recipe to create uniques works on ethereal items, but the output will be non-ethereal. You don’t gain anything doing it that way. Same goes with the upgrade. The cube recipes never spawn ethereal items. It is called an oil of enhancement btw

As far as I’m aware, ethereal items disappear when reaching 0 durability. Just put indestructible jewel so it doesn’t happen.

Thanks, that's good to know, I forgot about all that.

Now, I want to ask, has anyone tried Winter Avatar(because I have 2 kriss' and the helm for my barb)?
rcarson15
Vampiress
37 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I can't seem to enter Harem Level 1 after I made the staff.. Jerhyn has walked out, I've talked to everyone, created the staff, talked to everyone again, and it still is saying "I can't." What am I missing here?
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
rcarson15 wrote:I can't seem to enter Harem Level 1 after I made the staff.. Jerhyn has walked out, I've talked to everyone, created the staff, talked to everyone again, and it still is saying "I can't." What am I missing here?

What does the quest logs say? Did you try remaking the game?
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Talk to Drognan..
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HurtSmash404 wrote:Now, I want to ask, has anyone tried Winter Avatar(because I have 2 kriss' and the helm for my barb)?

it has a 0.8 second cooldown, melee swing that triggers frost novas for a short time
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Isn't the cooldown supposed to be removed after a certain oskill level?

I played around with the TU swords dual wield on a Barb and it was actually half decent, but the cooldown was too annoying
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
HurtSmash404 wrote:Now, I want to ask, has anyone tried Winter Avatar(because I have 2 kriss' and the helm for my barb)?
i've played 3 different builds around it , and they were decent . just decent . the cooldown makes it not reliable as a main attack , because you cannot spam it and benefit much from procs . it is mandatory to be used in pair with something else that either deals passive damage , or some damage over time , or also has a small timer.

examples :
1. sorceress hybrid with minions (ice elementals+blade spirits) . alternate left click to use Winter avatar -> right click to cast 1-pointer Miasma (left click , right click, left click , right click ...) . that way the timer is not affecting you much , as while you wait for using the avatar again , you can place another Miasma under your opponent's feet
2. unholy melee - pair Winter avatar with divine apparition and smaxed grim presence (damage for DA) . same as above , left click -right click alternation . in early game before accessing DA you can make use of grim presence + VoJ and scourges , or VoJ + Sod and skip grim presence (because it disables SoD)
3. summon barb - pair with Spirit Walk

you can do fine with it from the start and up to 120-ish , used from
Addertongue
Addertongue
Bastard Sword (4)

One-Hand Damage: 7 to 9
Two-Hand Damage: 11 to 12
Required Level: 6
Required Strength: 73
Item Level: 19
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
+(11 to 15)% to Cold Spell Damage
-3% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(1 to 2) to Winter Avatar
(3 to 5)% to Strength
(3 to 5)% to Energy
(3 to 5)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (2)
One-Hand Damage: 16 to 18
Two-Hand Damage: 26 to 27
Required Level: 24
Required Strength: 110
Item Level: 36
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
+(16 to 20)% to Cold Spell Damage
-6% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(3 to 5) to Winter Avatar
(9 to 11)% to Strength
(9 to 11)% to Energy
(9 to 11)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (3)
One-Hand Damage: 26 to 31
Two-Hand Damage: 46 to 49
Required Level: 43
Required Strength: 216
Item Level: 59
+3 to Paladin Skill Levels
+(21 to 25)% to Cold Spell Damage
-9% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(6 to 7) to Winter Avatar
(15 to 17)% to Strength
(15 to 17)% to Energy
(15 to 17)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (4)
One-Hand Damage: 31 to 37
Two-Hand Damage: 56 to 59
Required Level: 52
Required Strength: 427
Item Level: 85
+4 to Paladin Skill Levels
+(26 to 30)% to Cold Spell Damage
-12% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(9 to 10) to Winter Avatar
(18 to 20)% to Strength
(18 to 20)% to Energy
(18 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (4)
. After that you must switch to the Kriss + shiverhood helm . Dual frostneedle for the barbarian is debatable , you may also consider using just one , with an
Enmerkar (Xis)
for stats boost and more defence

i haven't tried a holy build , but i believe it can also work well , pair with colosseum , summons and plague

Semigloss wrote:Isn't the cooldown supposed to be removed after a certain oskill level?
unfortunately, no
rcarson15
Vampiress
37 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Cheno wrote:
rcarson15 wrote:I can't seem to enter Harem Level 1 after I made the staff.. Jerhyn has walked out, I've talked to everyone, created the staff, talked to everyone again, and it still is saying "I can't." What am I missing here?

What does the quest logs say? Did you try remaking the game?

smartasss wrote:Talk to Drognan..

Quests say to take staff to Tal's Tomb, find Horazons Journal, kill Summoner, find Tal's Tomb.

I've done both, multiple times.

EDIT: Went back to Lost City to try and said I didn't break the altar although I had the whole staff.. worked after that.