Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
TastyTurtle
Prowler
17 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I killed Athulua yesterday and really want to make the bow. However, I have only 1 emblem so far and I forgot where it dropped. I haven't seen any since. Is there any tips where the best place to get them is? If the rarity of the first and only one I found is any indication to their drop rate, I will finally make the bow in a year or 2... :(
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
TastyTurtle wrote:I killed Athulua yesterday and really want to make the bow. However, I have only 1 emblem so far and I forgot where it dropped. I haven't seen any since. Is there any tips where the best place to get them is? If the rarity of the first and only one I found is any indication to their drop rate, I will finally make the bow in a year or 2... :(

It's all RNG. Any heavy farm density area will be good. TA/Dunc/Fauztinville/Cows
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
notforkeeps wrote:Yea it must not be complete, cuz werewolf should be on there.

That's a complete list, but all these skill names and descriptions means nothing, it's just a text. You'll see exactly the same information on a CotWs when you've found them, however that doesn't mean it's correct. BTW there is a two disabled CotWs without a proper skill name or description in the mod files. After the string tables clean up there is a lot of messed up text such as wrong names/descriptions/etc.
viperosa
Balrog
131 | 0
TastyTurtle wrote:I killed Athulua yesterday and really want to make the bow. However, I have only 1 emblem so far and I forgot where it dropped. I haven't seen any since. Is there any tips where the best place to get them is? If the rarity of the first and only one I found is any indication to their drop rate, I will finally make the bow in a year or 2... :(

i have been playing for weeks now, several hours a day and i only found one emblem: of terror
at this rate i doubt i will make the bow in this lifetime unless i can find some people to trade emblems with
somebody said it's not against the rules to do single player trades so if anybody wants to join our efforts let me know
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Why would you even want that bow... it's weak and boring.
I have no idea why it needs six super rare emblems...
Dakota
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
viperosa wrote:actually my median was up to date, i have the one from here https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17828

trying to run it from here was a downgrade and that's why game wouldn't load viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4561
somebody should update that link in case there are more people who find that post and install from there

Please help me understand something: in the link you gave there is a Median XL launcher. I don't get it... I was launching the median XL mod through the D2SE until now.This is a different one? And if I launch the game through it, where are the save files for it?
Sorry, noob here...
viperosa
Balrog
131 | 0
Jampula wrote:Why would you even want that bow... it's weak and boring.

which bows are considered top tier? personally i use a shattered stone bow on my amazon strong physical damage
i would want that bow to test it out at least and because i like to find and collect things even if they might not be so good
+10 to Sky Siege i also wonder what this does, couldn't find it on skill calculator or on item only skills

Dakota
D2SE.exe is indeed the launcher you want to use and it is located in the main folder where you installed your game
let's say your folder where you installed the game is called 'MEDIAN' (run the D2SE.exe from there)
in that folder you have the 'MODS' folder where you place 'D2SE - Median XL' folder with all it's contents
find the 'save' folder and all your characters and stash should be in there
Dakota
Thunder Beetle
51 | 0
viperosa wrote:
Jampula wrote:Why would you even want that bow... it's weak and boring.

which bows are considered top tier? personally i use a shattered stone bow on my amazon strong physical damage
i would want that bow to test it out at least and because i like to find and collect things even if they might not be so good
+10 to Sky Siege i also wonder what this does, couldn't find it on skill calculator or on item only skills

Dakota
D2SE.exe is indeed the launcher you want to use and it is located in the main folder where you installed your game
let's say your folder where you installed the game is called 'MEDIAN' (run the D2SE.exe from there)
in that folder you have the 'MODS' folder where you place 'D2SE - Median XL' folder with all it's contents
find the 'save' folder and all your characters and stash should be in there

So the "other" launcher in your link: what's that?
Just trying to understand how it works
viperosa
Balrog
131 | 0
not sure which launcher you mean maybe the installer? that's used to automatically install the game without downloading and extracting the files manually
panicx123
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi guys. Could I ask how can I turn on Sacred Unique drop notification like I see in most vids ?

Thank you.