Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Jokjok
Destroyer
7 | 0
Cheno wrote:
Jokjok wrote:Does +x to all skills modifier from gear and charms affect procs, i mean does iz increase lvl of proc?

Proc levels are static.

Thank you. I forgot to ask, what about missile/projectile count from gear, for example xorine ring for punisher procs, does it increase number of punishers from procs or only for casting spells?
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Jokjok wrote:
Cheno wrote:
Jokjok wrote:Does +x to all skills modifier from gear and charms affect procs, i mean does iz increase lvl of proc?

Proc levels are static.

Thank you. I forgot to ask, what about missile/projectile count from gear, for example xorine ring for punisher procs, does it increase number of punishers from procs or only for casting spells?

Some do and some don't. It's one of those things you sort of have to test out on your own. I do believe xorienes does though.
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Semigloss wrote:
Jokjok wrote:
Cheno wrote:

Proc levels are static.

Some do and some don't. It's one of those things you sort of have to test out on your own. I do believe xorienes does though.

The lvl in wdm proc i.e arrow,knife only determinate the travel distance. As for if you have in gloves lvl 1 arrow proc and in armor lvl 15 with the same % of chance to proc the lvl 15 arrow will travel further before it diesappear.

p.s correct me if im wrong :)
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
What's the new amount of energy required to cap energy synergy now?
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Diaco wrote:What's the new amount of energy required to cap energy synergy now?

As far as I can tell, there is technically no hard cap but the curve will begin to flatten out more and more once you get above 2.5k energy. Going from 2.5k to 3.5 energy is just about 5% higher synergy so being somewhere around 2k-2.5k is a good place to be. Don't go out of your way to get more than that, unless you're using some spell that specifically scales directly with energy.
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Diaco wrote:What's the new amount of energy required to cap energy synergy now?

Synergy from Spell Focus is now independent of energy and simply is SF/10 with cap at 100%.
The synergy from energy only was stretched and halved due to damage squish.

The theoretical cap is now 129% at 61900 energy.

Some breakpoints:
1580 100
1652 101
1729 102
1812 103
1900 104
1996 105
2100 106
2214 107
2337 108
2472 109
2620 110
2785 111
2967 112
3171 113
3400 114
3660 115
3958 116
4300 117
4700 118
5173 119
5740 120
6434 121

So assuming that you have capped synergy from SF - the last 10% Total damage increase (from 100% to 120% from energy alone) needs quite some investment.
In most cases it is not worth getting more than 2k ene now - unless you need more mana for sustain.
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
Sorry, is there a guide somewhere explaining on what affects elemental damage from weapons? i.e. non-spellcaster
e.g. curare, skills that convert physical to elemental damage, +250-500 elemental damage on weapons

Could someone also explain what an 'elemental base' is, and 'innate elemental damage'?
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
patrick_pkl wrote:Sorry, is there a guide somewhere explaining on what affects elemental damage from weapons? i.e. non-spellcaster
e.g. curare, skills that convert physical to elemental damage, +250-500 elemental damage on weapons

Could someone also explain what an 'elemental base' is, and 'innate elemental damage'?

Flat elemental damage on weapons in only affected by "% Elemental Damage". If it has Spell in the name, it won't apply (the one exception being the initial weapon hit on a melee attack, Spell damage does apply there). Flat elemental damage will also be modified by the WDM of your attack skill too.

An Elemental Base is a weapon type that only deals flat elemental damage (no physical), such as crystal swords or battle axes.

Innate Elemental Damage (IED) is a type of flat elemental damage but its value is dependent on a certain stat. Sacred Elemental Bases all have Innate Elemental Damage rather than just normal flat elemental damage.

IED scales with the relevant stat obviously, and also with %IED Increase modfier found on some items. This is a multiplicative boost (50% increase from two sources is 125% boost, not 100% (50% x 50%, not 50% + 50%)).

Skills that convert physical damage are a bit different. I think it's easiest to imagine that the elemental conversion applies to the damage the enemy is about to take... after you swing your weapon but before it hits the enemy. So all the physical damage boosts modifiers you have will apply to your overall physical damage, which then at the last second gets converted to whatever element and then hits. The converted damage should also scale with % elemental damage increases, but I could be wrong there.
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
Semigloss wrote:
patrick_pkl wrote:Sorry, is there a guide somewhere explaining on what affects elemental damage from weapons? i.e. non-spellcaster

Flat elemental damage on weapons in only affected by "% Elemental Damage". If it has Spell in the name, it won't apply (the one exception being the initial weapon hit on a melee attack, Spell damage does apply there). Flat elemental damage will also be modified by the WDM of your attack skill too.

An Elemental Base is a weapon type that only deals flat elemental damage (no physical), such as crystal swords or battle axes.

Innate Elemental Damage (IED) is a type of flat elemental damage but its value is dependent on a certain stat. Sacred Elemental Bases all have Innate Elemental Damage rather than just normal flat elemental damage.

IED scales with the relevant stat obviously, and also with %IED Increase modfier found on some items. This is a multiplicative boost (50% increase from two sources is 125% boost, not 100% (50% x 50%, not 50% + 50%)).

Skills that convert physical damage are a bit different. I think it's easiest to imagine that the elemental conversion applies to the damage the enemy is about to take... after you swing your weapon but before it hits the enemy. So all the physical damage boosts modifiers you have will apply to your overall physical damage, which then at the last second gets converted to whatever element and then hits. The converted damage should also scale with % elemental damage increases, but I could be wrong there.

Thanks for the comprehensive info! Elemental damage seems quite complicated.

Could you give an example of common things that boost %elemental damage? The only one that I am aware of is bloodlust. I'm basically looking at how to boost curare damage apart from +skills and -res.

It sounds like IED does not apply to curare since it's not from an elemental base. am I right?
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
patrick_pkl wrote:Thanks for the comprehensive info! Elemental damage seems quite complicated.

Could you give an example of common things that boost %elemental damage? The only one that I am aware of is bloodlust. I'm basically looking at how to boost curare damage apart from +skills and -res.

It sounds like IED does not apply to curare since it's not from an elemental base. am I right?

I thought Bloodlust and Mark or the Wild were two that did, but I just checked them and they're both Physical Damage and Elemental SPELL Damage.

Correct about IED and Curare. Best boost is +skills and -enemy res.