Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
noibo wrote:how to kill dark star dragon in 30sec for the trophy bonus?

I am joining the thread because only this trophy cannot be added.
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
Immortal2563 wrote:
noibo wrote:how to kill dark star dragon in 30sec for the trophy bonus?

I am joining the thread because only this trophy cannot be added.

depend your char, as cold wolf should be pretty easy with harbinger, or pouncezon or any non-CD tele/warp skills
accelarator
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
Edited by accelarator 2 years.
real_ist
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
As a summonbarb with nephalem spirit, do the spirits profit from the bonus elemental damage of the wolves?
It says "I have to be the damage source", does that exclude other players or also my summons?
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
accelarator wrote:Most trophy frag chances are below 10% to drop and to get the bremmtown charm upgrade you must kill it i believe 1 min or less and cube in 30 or less. if you're in party, only the first person who enters the uber can receive the kill the boss under 1 min buff charm upgrade.

Everyone knows it. I have a trophy and the author of the question probably too. What build to get there in 30 seconds?
astroasko
Djinn
537 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hi everyone,

whats the difference between Rapid Wyrmshot lvl 1 and lvl 8? Targets are 2 and hits are 13 on both.

Thanks.
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
Immortal2563 wrote:
accelarator wrote:Most trophy frag chances are below 10% to drop and to get the bremmtown charm upgrade you must kill it i believe 1 min or less and cube in 30 or less. if you're in party, only the first person who enters the uber can receive the kill the boss under 1 min buff charm upgrade.

Everyone knows it. I have a trophy and the author of the question probably too. What build to get there in 30 seconds?

As Pizzagater said, any build with a warp skill. So probably pouncezon, assassin, paladins with DA. If not, with Jitan's gate, and some FRW, enough FHR and tankiness, most builds should be able to complete within 30s.

Basically don't stop to kill mobs, or just stop to fire off one attack on a pounced pack before continuing to run.
Nohisu
Skeleton
2 | 2
Hi, I'm a beginner, I'm currently playing a Barbarian based on poison damage, and I'm a bit lost on how the scaling is working.
According to the spell damage post on this forum : "% spell damage also works with passive elemental damage sources, but only on direct melee hits."

My plan was to get some base poison damage with Snake Stance and Amatoxin, then to apply it with WW, so it should scale with poison spell damage since it counts as a melee hit.

The weird thing is, my Amatoxin should be lvl 73 (It's a oskill passive so I can't verify it directly in game) and my Snake stance is lvl 43.
By activating my Snake Stance, the damage displayed on my character's profile is multiplied by 5, which leads me to think:

-Either Amatoxin has really, really low base damage when compared to Snake Stance
    -Either Amatoxin is not scaling with spell damage at all
    -Or I completely misunderstood how poison damage scaling works in the first place

I'd love some help to figure this one out. Usually I would try to figure it out myself, but I can't find any base damage value for Amatoxin, either online or IG.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
astroasko wrote:Hi everyone,

whats the difference between Rapid Wyrmshot lvl 1 and lvl 8? Targets are 2 and hits are 13 on both.

Thanks.

Level 8 has higher mana cost.

Nohisu wrote:The weird thing is, my Amatoxin should be lvl 73 (It's a oskill passive so I can't verify it directly in game) and my Snake stance is lvl 43.
By activating my Snake Stance, the damage displayed on my character's profile is multiplied by 5, which leads me to think:

-Either Amatoxin has really, really low base damage when compared to Snake Stance
    -Either Amatoxin is not scaling with spell damage at all
    -Or I completely misunderstood how poison damage scaling works in the first place

I'd love some help to figure this one out. Usually I would try to figure it out myself, but I can't find any base damage value for Amatoxin, either online or IG.

IIRC, Snake Stance has similar damage to Curare, and Amatoxin is about 1/10 of that, so that sounds about right with the huge level difference between the two skills.

Also keep in mind that %psd is less a thing on its own and more of an extra bonus for getting gear with pierce on it. Pierce double-dips for poison because it also reduces enemy poison length reduction, and %psd won't affect Gale Force.
Edited by Siosilvar 2 years.
Squiggoth
Vampiress
39 | 0
Is the bonus spell damage from spell focus/Energy additive or multiplicative with %spell damage from items ?
And Is the bonus spell damage from spell focus/Energy the one shown in synergies on some spells, or is it a different bonus ?