Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
jkfkl
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
Marrt wrote:
jkfkl wrote:Why does my UHM paladin summon no servant of valor? (2 skill in SOV, 1 in Conclave)

You are using melee devotion, read the skill description

I'm sorry, but there is even "Transcendence" in UHM skill tree that buff servant, and Grim Presence allows Melee/Summoning/Buff/Debuff skill. Also the SOV skill doesn't say anything about Melee Devotion.

Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
jkfkl wrote:
Marrt wrote:
jkfkl wrote:Why does my UHM paladin summon no servant of valor? (2 skill in SOV, 1 in Conclave)

You are using melee devotion, read the skill description

I'm sorry, but there is even "Transcendence" in UHM skill tree that buff servant, and Grim Presence allows Melee/Summoning/Buff/Debuff skill. Also the SOV skill doesn't say anything about Melee Devotion.

Melee Devotion is in the mastery tree and has a similar line to the blue one on Grim Presence but does not allow summoning skills.
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
There's a ssu zon helm called the deviant crown that gives a bunch of bonuses for not using any of the devotion skills. In the last build of median this meant that you could only use up to tier 3 talents from all the talent trees but with the new patch zons get locked to a specialization upon picking up the first talent rather than the tier 4 talent the way it used to be. Anyway it feels like the talent choices are extremely limited by using this helm. Was this taken into account? Feels like an oversight to me.
PizzaGater
Banned
652 | 9
GoochMcNuts wrote:There's a ssu zon helm called the deviant crown that gives a bunch of bonuses for not using any of the devotion skills. In the last build of median this meant that you could only use up to tier 3 talents from all the talent trees but with the new patch zons get locked to a specialization upon picking up the first talent rather than the tier 4 talent the way it used to be. Anyway it feels like the talent choices are extremely limited by using this helm. Was this taken into account? Feels like an oversight to me.

its a designed rogue helm imo, not zon helm
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Some time ago I asked how this oil of luck works and I got a partial answer. Well, the item falling out of the mob has a saved chance whether the lucky / lottery bonus will be or not. And here my friend could be right. Tested on around 20 Angel of Death Amulet. Some of them got a bonus for the first time, and the rest of them could sit for an hour and nothing.

In the case of gem making, it is more complicated. 1% / x to all attributes on the gem. Here, each attribute is considered separately. Separately Sstrenght, Dexterity ... Tested on dozens of gems.

If the item has the bonus added, you get it the first time you use the oil. Since the item is written in the code that the bonus will be granted and you get it the first time you use the oil, why are there two types, 20% and 40%?
jkfkl
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
How much damage does Divine Apparition deal with Frostbite and Grim Presence?
Miothan
Rust Claw
83 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Which character is cheap and easy to level up to do Arch-bishop Lazarus charm+trophy with?
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Miothan wrote:Which character is cheap and easy to level up to do Arch-bishop Lazarus charm+trophy with?

assassin/paladin are best for farming laz
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
643 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Its more like build question but -
The Pathless
The Pathless
Ida (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (181 - 205) to (278 - 317)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 552
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
If You Have no Points in combat stances:
Thunder Slam: cooldown reduced by 4 seconds
Shower of Rocks: cooldown reduced by 1 second
Adds (51 to 75)-(141 to 180) Damage
5% Life stolen per Hit
+160% Enhanced Damage
Physical Resist 5%
+50 Mana on Melee Attack
75% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)
- but it looka like a EQ for farming. SoR for bosses, runemaster for defence and usual passive skills for AR. But whats the catch ? I'ts not popular, is missing stances so big blow ?
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Ruubel wrote:Its more like build question but -
The Pathless
The Pathless
Ida (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (181 - 205) to (278 - 317)
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 552
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
If You Have no Points in combat stances:
Thunder Slam: cooldown reduced by 4 seconds
Shower of Rocks: cooldown reduced by 1 second
Adds (51 to 75)-(141 to 180) Damage
5% Life stolen per Hit
+160% Enhanced Damage
Physical Resist 5%
+50 Mana on Melee Attack
75% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)
- but it looka like a EQ for farming. SoR for bosses, runemaster for defence and usual passive skills for AR. But whats the catch ? I'ts not popular, is missing stances so big blow ?

The magic damage increase does not offset losing a stance IMO. Also, the EQ and Thunder Slam magic damage doesn't apply anymore right? Thought those got removed from the skills this patch.