Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 26
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
What is act 5 merc IAS breakpoint I should aim for?
PindlskinVova
Acid Prince
46 | 2
If i use TU hammer with
+(351 to 400)% Damage to Demons
+(401 to 450)% Damage to Undead
and strike demons or undead with THORN STRIKE(Dry range skill) the bonus is saved?
xcahatter
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
maybe a stupid question but I cant find it. I played median xl long time ago, now I try to get back into it. how can I upgrade tier1 uniquies to tier2 uniques and so on?
also these relicts from vendor to get arcane crystals out of uniques removed? anything else I missed to get arcane crystals out of uniques?
so far
xcahatter
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
xcahatter wrote:maybe a stupid question but I cant find it. I played median xl long time ago, now I try to get back into it. how can I upgrade tier1 uniquies to tier2 uniques and so on?
also these relicts from vendor to get arcane crystals out of uniques removed? anything else I missed to get arcane crystals out of uniques?
so far
xcahatter

You can upgrade Tiered uniques by using the following recipe:

Tiered Unique + Arcane Crystal + Rune = Next tier Tiered Unique

The catalysts now drop from specific monsters:

CATALYST OF DISENCHANTMENT: now drops from The Smith on Hatred difficulty
CATALYST OF DESTRUCTION: now drops from Hephasto the Armorer on Hatred difficulty
CATALYST OF LEARNING: now drops from Izual on Terror difficulty
dprazak
Cultist
24 | 2
Question: the patch I am playing on SP has body pickup. So it is 1.13. But it doesn’t have the new Uber set up, Trojan jungles, caldeum, etc.. where can I find a patch for the latest features. I would like the patch to run with D2SE, so not with the launcher. I downloaded the patch from the 1.13 change log post.
happy420
Destroyer
7 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
dprazak wrote:Question: the patch I am playing on SP has body pickup. So it is 1.13. But it doesn’t have the new Uber set up, Trojan jungles, caldeum, etc.. where can I find a patch for the latest features. I would like the patch to run with D2SE, so not with the launcher. I downloaded the patch from the 1.13 change log post.

https://get.median-xl.com/
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
dprazak wrote:Question: the patch I am playing on SP has body pickup. So it is 1.13. But it doesn’t have the new Uber set up, Trojan jungles, caldeum, etc.. where can I find a patch for the latest features. I would like the patch to run with D2SE, so not with the launcher. I downloaded the patch from the 1.13 change log post.

If you're playing v1.3 it is not possible that it hasn't the new Ubers, probably you installed the file wrongly and/or you didn't replaced the files in the correct D2SE folder too. Anyway here is a link without the Launcher: ModDB download
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Treewarden form has -50% enemy slow modification. Various items have it too, lessay ring has -10% enemy slow - does it mean that it overrides treewarden form ? Or adds to it ? According to DSTATS program, this 50 % modifier overrides everything ? Has somebody tried higher than 50 % slow items at treewarden ?
Siriusfakk
Vampiress
38 | 0
Ok. I have Champions of the Sun Oskill shield
Eloi

Eloi
Amazon Shields

'ThulNefGul'
Runeword Level: 65
15% Attack Speed
+(15 to 25) to Champions of the Sun
+(6 to 8)% to Summoned Minion Damage
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
-25 to Energy
Cold Resist +25%
Physical Resist 10%
-5% to All Vendor Prices
with my on switch equipment.

I press ''W'' and they all die. Except 1 of them ( Which gives me that sweeet aura for free ) WHY ? :?:

Is this cheese ? Or intentional ? Either way, I guess I'm keeping this cheesy tactic for me

( approx. 20 percent DR is a good deal )
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Siriusfakk wrote:Ok. I have Champions of the Sun Oskill shield
Eloi

Eloi
Amazon Shields

'ThulNefGul'
Runeword Level: 65
15% Attack Speed
+(15 to 25) to Champions of the Sun
+(6 to 8)% to Summoned Minion Damage
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
-25 to Energy
Cold Resist +25%
Physical Resist 10%
-5% to All Vendor Prices
with my on switch equipment.

I press ''W'' and they all die. Except 1 of them ( Which gives me that sweeet aura for free ) WHY ? :?:

Is this cheese ? Or intentional ? Either way, I guess I'm keeping this cheesy tactic for me

( approx. 20 percent DR is a good deal )

It‘s a bug and this is how it works: depending on how many + to all skills yo have, the amount of summons left is determined. For example if you have + 10 to all skills and the skills gives you on skill level 10 two summons, all die except 2. if you however have +11 to all skills and you get 3 summon on skill level 11, all summons except 3 die.

Only +all skills affect that bug. + to class specific skills like +3 to Paladin skills don‘t affect it if I remember correctly.

I don‘t think it‘s intentional, but it definitely helps keeping the screen clear lol.