Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So I've been playing a lot of SP lately because it makes it easier for me to try out different kinds of builds. Imagine now having harvested almost every unique and set piece item in the game, as well as all runes and a load of relics so far as well. What kind of build would be the absolute most powerful and at the same time safe build? I mean, with ridiculous gear etc?

I have first tried out the same kinds of builds that I had on realm, but I only managed to improve them a little bit. Would there be builds that have for example tri-ele pierce with phys and 50% PR + 50% Avoid? High life steal? Are there certain mechanics that can still easily be scaled to the point where it basically oneshots almost everything in the game?

My poison WW barb can run Scosglen nicely, but he dies sometimes because of low PR/avoid and too low lifesteal. Also I'm not sure if barb is the best one to do bossing. I'm curious about other builds that are hitting so hard they are actually funny. Like maybe a neutraldin with ridiculous gear. I used to play neutraldin last season on realm and it was actually surprisingly good at bossing for example. I was running labs with a friend as well and his new paladin was seriously good at labs.

Anyway, if anyone has some cool ideas of super high end builds, I'm all ears!

Lastly, the javazon I built in SP can do Baal in under one minute which, for me, is quite fast. But I'm curious if there are builds that can do Baal in under 5 or 10 seconds? For my poison WW barb it was the same with Baal, around 1 minute.
Cat_IED
Vampiress
39 | 10
I'd imagine some multihit WPN dmg Oskill on a Paladin frame (or Assassin, depending on taste) with limitless relic, UMO, and Effigy access is king.

Think Tantrum with a Sky Siege relic and as many Tantrum relics as you can stuff in. With Paladins ridiculous durability advantages or sins ridiculous speed, avoid, and backstab invulnerability abuse on swap.

Teleport around with siege and throw a tantrum with petulant giving 50% DS+ with all those shiny relics.

Use Colloseum outside labs to reduce phys res. Grab relics with stat or defensive buffs. Stuff like wolf/bear stance, Rathma's Chosen, Djinn, and skills offering attributes and defensive stats.

Stack the lowest lvl quiver to cap with the elemental DMG effigies to round out DMG on phys resist targets. Make all gear eth and give it all the +req -lvl effigies. Grab a decent amount of Solitudes.

Alternatively, go tyreals might with all offense everywhere else. But petulant is the highest DMG potential non weapon item around.

Or you can get really cheeky like me. Use petulant and as much tantrum lvl as possible on swap. Use tantrum then swap to main weapon and skill. Enjoy the full scaling of petulant with any WPN DMG skill in game for ridiculous deadly strike stacking. Your imagination is the limit.

Though I don't see anything being easier to use than tantrum and sky Siege on an unlimited budget.

Paladin offers great HP and attributes while Sin is broken fast with abusive avoid and total invulnerability on demand.

The advantage of the Oskill approach is most skill points go to improving the frame. Pal and sin have the most potential here. Petulant offers abusive potential with any WPN DMG attack if you can learn to do so. Combine them for silliness.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Cat_IED wrote:I'd imagine some multihit WPN dmg Oskill on a Paladin frame (or Assassin, depending on taste) with limitless relic, UMO, and Effigy access is king.

Think Tantrum with a Sky Siege relic and as many Tantrum relics as you can stuff in. With Paladins ridiculous durability advantages or sins ridiculous speed, avoid, and backstab invulnerability abuse on swap.

Teleport around with siege and throw a tantrum with petulant giving 50% DS+ with all those shiny relics.

Use Colloseum outside labs to reduce phys res. Grab relics with stat or defensive buffs. Stuff like wolf/bear stance, Rathma's Chosen, Djinn, and skills offering attributes and defensive stats.

Stack the lowest lvl quiver to cap with the elemental DMG effigies to round out DMG on phys resist targets. Make all gear eth and give it all the +req -lvl effigies. Grab a decent amount of Solitudes.

Alternatively, go tyreals might with all offense everywhere else. But petulant is the highest DMG potential non weapon item around.

Or you can get really cheeky like me. Use petulant and as much tantrum lvl as possible on swap. Use tantrum then swap to main weapon and skill. Enjoy the full scaling of petulant with any WPN DMG skill in game for ridiculous deadly strike stacking. Your imagination is the limit.

Though I don't see anything being easier to use than tantrum and sky Siege on an unlimited budget.

Paladin offers great HP and attributes while Sin is broken fast with abusive avoid and total invulnerability on demand.

The advantage of the Oskill approach is most skill points go to improving the frame. Pal and sin have the most potential here. Petulant offers abusive potential with any WPN DMG attack if you can learn to do so. Combine them for silliness.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts, this sheds a new light on how I could potentially play around using SP as a sandbox. This would be totally unrealistic for realm play of course, but it's fun to experiment. I think the effigies and relics bring a whole new type of gameplay where you can make a character around the class skills. Very cool, I'll see if I have any of the items you mentioned! I believe I have a few!
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I'm trying to log into a different account in not armory but when I log in I still see all the characters from the old account I was logged in as, idk what I'm doing wrong here.
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
GoochMcNuts wrote:I'm trying to log into a different account in not armory but when I log in I still see all the characters from the old account I was logged in as, idk what I'm doing wrong here.

While I have not personally had this experience, I have seen similar issues come up with the cache. Perhaps clearing your browser cache and hitting F5 will fix it?
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
If I stack up 100% reduced poison length duration does that mean I don't get poisoned at all?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
GoochMcNuts wrote:If I stack up 100% reduced poison length duration does that mean I don't get poisoned at all?

Unfortunately, no.

I recently looked into this b/c I was curious about the same thing. The way I understand it, there's a 75% cap on Poison Length Reduction. There are also penalties to Poison Length Reduction in Nightmare and Hell that work like the Res penalties. So you'd need +175% Poison Length Reduction to hit the 75% cap in Hell.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
640 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Solfege wrote:
GoochMcNuts wrote:If I stack up 100% reduced poison length duration does that mean I don't get poisoned at all?

Unfortunately, no.

I recently looked into this b/c I was curious about the same thing. The way I understand it, there's a 75% cap on Poison Length Reduction. There are also penalties to Poison Length Reduction in Nightmare and Hell that work like the Res penalties. So you'd need +175% Poison Length Reduction to hit the 75% cap in Hell.

this answer deserves its own place at poison mechanics guide.
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Ruubel wrote:
Solfege wrote:

Unfortunately, no.

good to know, I assume curse length reduction works the same way
Cat_IED
Vampiress
39 | 10
GoochMcNuts wrote:
Ruubel wrote:
Solfege wrote:

Unfortunately, no.

good to know, I assume curse length reduction works the same way

It is worth noting that a poison resist shrine can circumvent that limit and provide temporary effective immunity for what that may be worth.

Situational, but can make Kabraxis much easier with a duration fitting the encounter. Strong for Kingdom of Shadow as well though might not last.