Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Rdwtaylor
Destroyer
6 | 0
Hello everyone. I've tried to find information on my problem but unable to find the right search to answer it. When I check my defense stat, the chance to be hit by boss type monsters ends off screen. I tried to change the font but it did not seem to help. If anybody knows a fix for this could you please share it with me?

No one responded so I figured I would Post a shot of what I am asking about.

Edited by Rdwtaylor 7 years.
TheUnderling
Monkey King
256 | 1
What are the two damage bonuses on shadow refuge?
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
TheUnderling wrote:What are the two damage bonuses on shadow refuge?

There's no two damage bonuses. There's damage bonus to attack while buff is active and attack (rating) bonus to shadow refuge skill itself (with this skill you will hit more frequently than with normal attack in other words)
TheUnderling
Monkey King
256 | 1
Oh, so that constant 25% is ar. So assassin gets a ton of bonus ewd from shadow refuge, no matter what wdm build they use?
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Milkshake wrote:When I attempt to inject D2MR, it freezes the game and the application. What do? Yes, I've run as admin.

1. You have to stand still when you reveal.
2. If you downgraded from 1.14 to 1.13c by doing step 1 from https://tsw.median-xl.com/join, D2MR won't work.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Milkshake wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:
Milkshake wrote:When I attempt to inject D2MR, it freezes the game and the application. What do? Yes, I've run as admin.

Do you use windows 10?

If yes: Don't worry. Diablo 2 is too old and sometimes requires a little time to maximize it again. I have a ssd as my internal drive and it usually takes 1-2 minutes till I can get back into the game (clicking on it multiple times). That means if you don't have a ssd as your internal drive it may take up to 10 times longer.

If no: restart PC and try again. When I used win 7 it sometimes froze for no reason. Restarting the pc solved the problem though. If my feeling is correct it had something to do with median offline tools. Whenever I used those my game froze as soon as I tried using D2MR. (I'm not 100% sure since this only increased the chance but wasn't 100% of the time the cause of the freeze).

I let it sit for 5-10 mins and still nothing. Both Diablo 2 and D2MR say not responding.

Also, what do you mean to maximize it again? If you mean the window, I'm running D2 in windowed mode.

Well, it looks like you're using win 10. Yes, I am talking about the maximizing of the window.

I'm only able to give the information I gained through my experience. Do you usually have extreme laggs? Because those laggs were only because of the Glidewrapper, which doesn't work properly, but d2se has a very good glidewrapper installed, which reduces all laggs. What I'm trying to say is: When I didn't use the glidewrapper from d2se, I had laggs and d2MR always froze my d2, which made using d2MR impossible. (just like it is in your case)

So if you want d2mr to work you have to use d2se modmanager in windows XP (sevice pack 3) compatibility mode. At least that's what's working for me.

However waiting 10 minutes isn't usual. OFC the reason can still be your harddrive. My harddrive is a SSD (As I said before), which reduces loading times by about 1000% (So it's 10 times faster) compaired to usual harddrives with a SATA2 connection.

I can't help you for sure, unfortunately. I only can tell you what works for me. try out d2se if you haven't already.

Maybe someone else can help you better
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 28
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
What is bow druid optimal ias cap?
xeimaster08
Bone Archer
78 | 0
Bowzon non EF build? Is it worth it? Or EF is the real essence of Bowzon? I kinda feel real squishy because of EF and is having real hard times. Guess bowzon is not really for me :3

PS. How can bowzon farm duncraig? Even with short cd blink (void charm) soon as I blink I get instagibbed.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
read the guide and the miniguide available on the forum and find out the answers to all your questions . strange that you got the void charm but somehow fail at duncraig , a much much easyer spot :)

and no , EF is not mandatory , but since you got crap defence anyway while using a bow , then why not have zero defence and more damage ? you increase your chances of not getting hit if you kill fast enough , so the more damage , the better . you can also constant "R" run in order to dodge hits , since you got 0 def .

also i bet you haven't played a bowzon as you shold have . you have either respec'ed to bowzon or you was rushed to max level and now you expect to pwn just because you play a mainstream build .There is no surprise that you fail , since you have skipped the process of learning how to play the build .
Jakkt
Rust Claw
85 | 7
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Is it prudential to utilize Apples as a paladin because of Blessed Life? Does anyone use Apples for the health regen? Just curious.