Splargh
Grubber
324 | 13
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Masive wrote:Pierce effect:
Vs mobs (35% res):
No pierce = 65% dmg dealt,
65 pierce = 130% dmg dealt (x2 base dmg)
135 pierce = 200% dmg dealt. (x3 base dmg, x1,5 dmg gain)

Does this mean if i have for example 7k tempest dmg and get 65% light pierce i do 14k tempest dmg vs mobs?

no, it means that with

0% pierce you do 4.55k damage (7k*0.65)
(mob res = 35% -> 65% dmg dealt) and with

65% pierce you do 9.1k damage (7k*1.3)
(mob res = -30% -> 130% dmg dealt)

which is twice as much
Masive
Stygian Watcher
43 | 1
Splargh wrote:
Masive wrote:Pierce effect:
Vs mobs (35% res):
No pierce = 65% dmg dealt,
65 pierce = 130% dmg dealt (x2 base dmg)
135 pierce = 200% dmg dealt. (x3 base dmg, x1,5 dmg gain)

Does this mean if i have for example 7k tempest dmg and get 65% light pierce i do 14k tempest dmg vs mobs?

no, it means that with

0% pierce you do 4.55k damage (7k*0.65) and with (mob res = 35% -> 65% dmg dealt)
65% pierce you do 9.1k damage (7k*1.3) (mob res = -30% -> 130% dmg dealt)

which is twice as much

aaaaah okey, now i see.
AlphaMagnum
Cultist
21 | 1
Does the Werebear skill Wildfire do any weapon damage at all? What would the gear setup look like to optimize a Wildfire build?
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
AlphaMagnum wrote:Does the Werebear skill Wildfire do any weapon damage at all? What would the gear setup look like to optimize a Wildfire build?

You would probably build it like a melee caster with a ton of strength, fire damage and fire pierce, I assume. It seems easier to gear than physical bear, since the damage scaling on a phys bear is kinda lackluster. My phys bear hits for 23k-29k with no fire gear, you can probably get several hundred thousand damage from just having a ton of strength and fire spell damage.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
AlphaMagnum wrote:What would the gear setup look like to optimize a Wildfire build?
you can find hints for the early game here : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=42746
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
do you need one of each elemental rune to create a xis rune? or any 6 elemental runes will do?
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Diaco wrote:do you need one of each elemental rune to create a xis rune? or any 6 elemental runes will do?

all are required:

elemental essence + primal stone -> elemental rune
all different runes(6x) + primal stone -> xis rune
hipopotamo1
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Why is COTW so expensive and sought after but +1 all skills -5 ress so cheap in comparison? COTW is way weaker and even with -50 from 10 jewels all ress it's easy to compensate...
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
hipopotamo1 wrote:Why is COTW so expensive and sought after but +1 all skills -5 ress so cheap in comparison? COTW is way weaker and even with -50 from 10 jewels all ress it's easy to compensate...

Tbh I've never found these bonus skills that important. Some classes do gain more benefits from them tho. As for cotws, you can see that they have a 110 lvl requirement and give a +10 increased level requirement. They also can't be unsocketed. These modifiers were introduced because some of the cotws are really powerful and so that people don't stack them on items that much. Some examples for good cotws would be buffs like dragonheart or tainted blood, or attack skills like stormblast and ancient hand. Stances like snake stance/bear stance/kraken stance are also good. +1 skill won't give you so much in comparison to a powerful cotw. The -resistances on the suicide note jewel might only be a factor if you're going into labs t14+ as you need 320 all flat rez there.
s7vn
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
i asked this a few times and been ignored every time...
but how do i install offline tool? do i just download and then click to load it or do i have to put in median xl folder? saying i need

"the program cant start because api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

problem is i reinstalled and get same message every time, note i dont know crap about computers so ya help please :)