Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
marco311
Grubber
341 | 5
It doesn't sound good that u can't use a SU at lvl 100 cos u need 5xmana on attack orbs (+20lvls)...
Not that i'm doubting about it since it's the only thing working i've tried, it 's just lookin gross to rely on such a solution...
It' s like a sorc that goes "0%mana" if she doesn't do the same...
Fellerd
Thunder Beetle
58 | 11
Yeah,it's not perfect,but I've yet to find a better solution.Considering this build needs to be constantly (not all the time,though) in battle in order to be able to survive-it's not that far fetched having to regain your mana from battle as well.I agree,it is a bit ugly,but it kinda works out the problem with having no mana.If you want to,you could try orbing mana regen on your jewelry.It won't solve the problem at all,but it might help out a bit.Try it on some,say,random amulet and see if it's worth it.If not,then just don't bother with it.Good luck! :)
marco311
Grubber
341 | 5
It would be easier to just say :
Unholy melee paladin is in its beta stage and is currently missing a way to regenerate mana efficiently... so it's a working in progress spec...

What is strange is that u need 1 at ladder season end pointing out at this...
blatkill
Core Lord
388 | 32
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Use mathael set (lvl80) and MO weapon with mana on attack. UHM is strong enough to lvl 80-110 with TU(4). To spam bloodthorn, u need +/-180 mana on attack.
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
bignige85 wrote:
Taem wrote:Question: My uber skill 'Witches Blood' is redded out and unable to receive any points, but I have not taken ANY uber skills, and I already completed the first two challenges, Tran and Enead, and am level 96. Any idea what's going on, because I don't see anything on the skill which explicitly states I cannot take it...

theres a pre requisit. just put 1 point into twilight havoc

Thank you sir, although someone did answer me wayyyyyyyy back, lol, but hey, maybe someone else reading this will learn something like I did. Thank you.
marco311
Grubber
341 | 5
Use mathael set (lvl80) and MO weapon with mana on attack. UHM is strong enough to lvl 80-110 with TU(4). To spam bloodthorn, u need +/-180 mana on attack.

And u will go 00%mana within 5secs since vs bosses since u will miss a lot (ignore target defence does not work on bosses)... Malthael set is good only for hailstorm/flamestrike procs single target and only if sanguine covenant is up...
but it won't help anyway cos u wont have mana to refresh buffs when they expire (so no more free pierce thru skillz)... sanguine covenant will cost u 200+ mana that u won't have...

Malthael grants no %ar/ar... not mana on attack... not even mana "leech"... 180 mana on attack is hardly reachable anyway...
max u can get on wpn is "100" mana on attack..
u put Malthael wpn at lvl 80 and u wait untill 100 to pu 100 mana on attack and u have 0%mana on attack from the set...
Are u gonna craft mana on attack jewels (MAX 8mana on attack)? u need at least 12... and with max gain from rune...
Are u gonna use unique mystic orb Farnham's Lost Marble at lvl 100- to gain resources as well?
Are u gonna use a lvl 140 char to gamble on rings/ammies to get mana on attack on each slot?
Meh.. why don't we just say, since they're working on beta, that unholy melee NEEDS a tool to recover mana on its own RESOURCES or AT LEAST a way to gain it without using all possible tools after that...

IN its current state : unholy melee built is a "not working as intended" spec... due to blood thorns / lemures mechanic... (ignore target defence for minions / not for bosses)...

Post 1 any kind video of unholy paladin lvl 100-120 with 100/180mana on attack vs a boss at 5fpa with superbeast... without gear to raise significantly ar/%ar to land the hit > 5 bloodthorn each sec costing 100mana each and a 2k mana pool u'll be missing about 3-4 swings each 5 = resulting in goin 00%mana in mana pool /(300 or 400) so prolly = 5-6secs... I'll be generous 10s... that's it...

now, if u use standard gear to raise %ar (t4 gloves/belt) to gain a significative CHANCE TO HIT (and at least 100 mana on attack on wpn > +20lvl)... then it's another thing... but u'll haveto change EVERYTHING in guides and such... Stop posting to use Malthael at lvl 80 since u cannot have mana on attack at lvl 80 with Malthael by standard mystic orbs usage...

my paladin is lvl 110 and i have all possible usable gear suggested by guides... including end game... I was thinkin i was doin something wrong in gearing... but accordingly to answer I'm not... i'ts just the spec that's not working and nobody is addressin that...
All ppl coming offering suggestion are just those who gave up on unholy melee in early endgame stage (115-130).. cos it simply "does not work"...

There's not "1" single lvl 140 unholy melee paladin coming here or in unholy melee guide to show how he recovers mana at lvl 105-140 vs bosses lasting more than 10-20s.. by following guides advices ( no points into energy... little mana pool... no ar/%ar to land white melee hits)...

If u don't recover mana u cannot refresh buffs (sanguine covenant on top to keep pierce up)... and u cannot use bloodthorne/lemures as well... resulting in 1) doin no dmg 2) inability to refresh buffs 3) unable to tp away as well...

Try things before posting... If u want to answer my very simple question :
"How does a melee unholy paladin recover mana vs a boss?"

Make sure u have an unholy paladin lvl 100-120 and u've at least tried it vs a boss lasting at least 90s... cos the majority of ppl just stopped playin unholy melee within this range of lvls (100-120)...
anti_camp
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
marco311 wrote:
my paladin is lvl 110 and i have all possible usable gear suggested by guides... including end game... I was thinkin i was doin something wrong in gearing... but accordingly to answer I'm not... i'ts just the spec that's not working and nobody is addressin that..

00% mana :lol:
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
marco311 wrote:

And u will go 00%mana within 5secs since vs bosses since u will miss a lot (ignore target defence does not work on bosses)... Malthael set is good only for hailstorm/flamestrike procs single target and only if sanguine covenant is up...
but it won't help anyway cos u wont have mana to refresh buffs when they expire (so no more free pierce thru skillz)... sanguine covenant will cost u 200+ mana that u won't have...

Malthael grants no %ar/ar... not mana on attack... not even mana "leech"... 180 mana on attack is hardly reachable anyway...
max u can get on wpn is "100" mana on attack..
u put Malthael wpn at lvl 80 and u wait untill 100 to pu 100 mana on attack and u have 0%mana on attack from the set...
Are u gonna craft mana on attack jewels (MAX 8mana on attack)? u need at least 12... and with max gain from rune...
Are u gonna use unique mystic orb Farnham's Lost Marble at lvl 100- to gain resources as well?
Are u gonna use a lvl 140 char to gamble on rings/ammies to get mana on attack on each slot?
Meh.. why don't we just say, since they're working on beta, that unholy melee NEEDS a tool to recover mana on its own RESOURCES or AT LEAST a way to gain it without using all possible tools after that...

IN its current state : unholy melee built is a "not working as intended" spec... due to blood thorns / lemures mechanic... (ignore target defence for minions / not for bosses)...

Post 1 any kind video of unholy paladin lvl 100-120 with 100/180mana on attack vs a boss at 5fpa with superbeast... without gear to raise significantly ar/%ar to land the hit > 5 bloodthorn each sec costing 100mana each and a 2k mana pool u'll be missing about 3-4 swings each 5 = resulting in goin 00%mana in mana pool /(300 or 400) so prolly = 5-6secs... I'll be generous 10s... that's it...

now, if u use standard gear to raise %ar (t4 gloves/belt) to gain a significative CHANCE TO HIT (and at least 100 mana on attack on wpn > +20lvl)... then it's another thing... but u'll haveto change EVERYTHING in guides and such... Stop posting to use Malthael at lvl 80 since u cannot have mana on attack at lvl 80 with Malthael by standard mystic orbs usage...

my paladin is lvl 110 and i have all possible usable gear suggested by guides... including end game... I was thinkin i was doin something wrong in gearing... but accordingly to answer I'm not... i'ts just the spec that's not working and nobody is addressin that...
All ppl coming offering suggestion are just those who gave up on unholy melee in early endgame stage (115-130).. cos it simply "does not work"...

There's not "1" single lvl 140 unholy melee paladin coming here or in unholy melee guide to show how he recovers mana at lvl 105-140 vs bosses lasting more than 10-20s.. by following guides advices ( no points into energy... little mana pool... no ar/%ar to land white melee hits)...

If u don't recover mana u cannot refresh buffs (sanguine covenant on top to keep pierce up)... and u cannot use bloodthorne/lemures as well... resulting in 1) doin no dmg 2) inability to refresh buffs 3) unable to tp away as well...

Try things before posting... If u want to answer my very simple question :
"How does a melee unholy paladin recover mana vs a boss?"

Make sure u have an unholy paladin lvl 100-120 and u've at least tried it vs a boss lasting at least 90s... cos the majority of ppl just stopped playin unholy melee within this range of lvls (100-120)...

The malthael set has a lower level requirement exactly because you need mo's on it. I don't know why you want to equip a set at lvl 80 already. The armor pieces of it will be good at that point, but weapon is not for sure, as you need both mana on attack and AR% mo's. Use TU4 club at that very early part of the game as it has a lot of mo space and should carry you until you get higher lvl and have access to more mo's for malthael.

I don't understand your calculations. You're assuming you're missing 60/80% of the time, meaning 40/20% CTH. With that bad attack rating it's obvious you'll quickly lose mana. The build is melee, so you can't just ignore attack rating against bosses. You should use %AR mo on weapon and depending on how it feels you can add featherclaw and athulua's oracle. There's charms that add %AR like spirit trance herb and later on ancient repositories, make sure you get high %AR on those. You can also use crafted jewels with 2% sd and %AR/flat ar. You can try mana regeneration mo's on rings/amulet.
marco311
Grubber
341 | 5
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=40052
this is the guide i'm referring to...
If u know other guides with an itemization for %ar/manaleech and/or mana on attack let me know...
Even if u go as last guy in the topic suggested (the last real helpfull suggestion) :
honorific with %ar/mot... that's gonna work... true.. on midgame... what about endgame?
U can't use any of suggested builts...

at lvl 80-105 blood thorn will cost about 80-125mana... once u start collecting +pala/all sk charms it'll ramp up to 200 (+lvl)+... 1k mana each sec (5fpa with superbeast) to recover...
now... I was just lookin for some lvl 140 unholy melee showing what gear they're using in end game as for what i c... u'd go with a strong white dmg mana leech wpn directly possibly with %ar and u'll adjust the rest of gear accordingly... which is nowhere near any kind of suggestion provided within that guide...
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Mana leech does nothing for unholy melee, as it works only on weapon physical damage. You have decent dex from stormlord (and charms), craft jewels with %ar for mana on hit. Also mana regen mos and rings and amulet. Solving mana problems is a part of uhm, you think they will leave one of the tankiest, if not the most tanky build in the game without a weakness?