Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Cinomed
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Crosby4HyG wrote:
Cinomed wrote:Hello, I know im an ass cause this has been answeredd before ive spent the last 3 hours looking and rewording it but cannot find it. What is the unlisted recipe that rolls a Unique items stats higher ? Its like Item + AC +Rune and it keeps item the same just makes the items stats better. Thank you in advanced and sorry cause I know its answered on here I just cant find it.

The unique + one AC. Only works on tiered uniques and max tier is 4.

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/cube

Not that one, It makes the stats of the unique better. Its something like The Item + AC + Rune = Same item but with better stats.

( Found it )

Uptier Recipe (improved for uniques)

This recipe is an improved version of the generic uptier recipe. Not only is the item upgraded to the next higher tier, but the modifiers are replaced with those of the higher tier version of the unique. This is the preferred way to uptier uniques.

Unique non-sacred weapon/armor + Arcane Crystal + rune → reroll as next higher tier
Edited by Cinomed 2 years.
r41714
Rust Claw
86 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Cinomed wrote:
Not that one, It makes the stats of the unique better. Its something like The Item + AC + Rune = Same item but with better stats.

is lucky or lotto you referred to?
Marrt
Djinn
513 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
r41714 wrote:
Cinomed wrote:

is lucky or lotto you referred to?

I doubt lucky/lotto is what he meant, but item+AC+rune is the old TU uptier recipe, which was replaced by item+AC. There isn't a recipe that rerolls with better stats, it's just that you can upgrade a TU up to T4, getting a random roll each time. You can't reroll a T4 for better stats in any way, you have to create a new T4 item with 2xcrystal and oil of ench.
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
Does a failed luck (oil) item get reduced price on trade forum?
Abaddon666
Pit Knight
106 | 2
Hey,

A few short questions:

1. Is there a way to reset mystic orbs on an item, other than reseting the whole item to a a base item?

Barbarian specific:
2. Can a barb have 2 stances active at a time, one from an item and one from his skills?

3. Am I correct in thinking that the base chance to block doesn't increase further if you level up Gladiator's Dominance skill? (only deadly strike, frw and ranged dmg increases)

Thanks in advance! :)
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Abaddon666 wrote:Hey,

A few short questions:

1. Is there a way to reset mystic orbs on an item, other than reseting the whole item to a a base item?

Barbarian specific:
2. Can a barb have 2 stances active at a time, one from an item and one from his skills?

3. Am I correct in thinking that the base chance to block doesn't increase further if you level up Gladiator's Dominance skill? (only deadly strike, frw and ranged dmg increases)

Thanks in advance! :)

1. no

2. i don't think so, item stances should overwrite skill stances

3. correct
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Abaddon666 wrote:
yes , but only if you play in SP and use the offline tools
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Abaddon666 wrote:
yes , but only if you play in SP and use the offline tools

Oh, I didn't know that, thanks for the information.
blatkill
Core Lord
388 | 32
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jammy wrote:
Crosby4HyG wrote:Just to be clear to everyone, I fully understand and appreciate the need for a realm wipe to accommodate 2.0. I never suggested otherwise. My question was strictly related to the importing of TSW chars in 1.8 over to SP for a TG fee. I believe this is a feature that was once offered, I'm simply asking if it's possible again.

The SP chars would be in the 1.8 version only, and this version would of course no longer be supported. Having a separate install folder for an older version of median on SP should be possible while still playing 2.0 online, someone more knowledgeable please correct me if this isn't the case.

blatkill wrote:+1
I'll appreciate the opportunity to save 1.8 d2s file from our realm character

Nope, sorry. This won't be happening.

Very sad news. Seems very easy to implement and don't understand why it's refused. Anyway.
Chance
Grubber
323 | 3
Chance wrote:Does a failed luck (oil) item get reduced price on trade forum?

Guys know anything about this?