Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
Diamond88
Imp
5 | 0
Hi. Playing Median XL for the first time. Following a guide that says to reroll rare amulets and rings to get certain stats but I looked through the cube recipes and don't see any way of doing that.

Secondly, I was cruising along in Act 1 destruction until I got to jail 1 where I got mobbed by 6-8 clawstorm upon opening the first door. Tried remaking the game a few times but the result was the same. Is this a bug or just a sign saying " whoa buddy, I think you need a gear upgrade before I let you through"?

Thanks
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Diamond88 wrote:Hi. Playing Median XL for the first time. Following a guide that says to reroll rare amulets and rings to get certain stats but I looked through the cube recipes and don't see any way of doing that.

Secondly, I was cruising along in Act 1 destruction until I got to jail 1 where I got mobbed by 6-8 clawstorm upon opening the first door. Tried remaking the game a few times but the result was the same. Is this a bug or just a sign saying " whoa buddy, I think you need a gear upgrade before I let you through"?

Thanks

Rolling rares is no longer possible. Clawstorm Terror can drop an eye which is 1/5 of a recipe for upgrading the class charm. They are supposed to be harder. If you're in sp, maybe switch to hatred and back to get fresh map.
anhlong1122
Thunder Beetle
56 | 0
flamacore wrote:EDIT 2(Solved): Turns out just a version issue. the d2se.zip file is outdated. Just replace the patch_d2.mpq with the one you get from 1.1.3 zip in you d2se mod folder.

EDIT: problem seems to be d2se and plugy. When I launch through d2se with plugy, no caldeum or torajan jungles to be found. But when launched through the shortcut everything seems fine. So any suggestions?

Am I missing something or is this really a bug? No Torajan Jungles? Torajan Jungles is nowhere to be found in Kurast Docks.

have you found the answer? If not, the thing i did that fixed this is putting everything in the 1.1.3 patch into the Median XL folder (where you install Diablo 2)
Tiberius723
Thunder Beetle
53 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
What's the difference between ctc when you kill an enemy and ctc when enemy is slain?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
"after kill" is triggered by the kill made with weapon damage or poison damage , "when slain" is triggered no matter what type of damage does the kill - including (any) elemental spells
zwexx
Imp
5 | 0
Hey, I'm new to the game and just got a sorc to level 120. Im using the full Elemental child set but it seems like every other character is able to clear content much easier than I am. What is the best current sorc build for clearing end game content and farming?

Also, is crafting better than SU or sets for a sorc?
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
good crafts can be better than good SUs or sets, godly crafts are endgame gear in most of the cases.
adamo68
Abomination
147 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
3 questions really.

1) Is there a way to see point by point , hard and soft , of skill scaling? The tool for me does not give any details.

2) Does +[Class] skills and +All skills affect hireling abilities?

3) Does +All skills and +[Specific] skill improve prox?

Thanks for your help!
TimeGuardian
Cultist
24 | 5
How much defense should i have, as a Assassin, by the end of act 3? Right now i have 5k of defense
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
okay shrine blessing says rare/crafted/honourific sacred item... umm didnt think you could shrine an honourific item thought it had to be sacrted?? and under shrine crafting it list crafted items again im not sure how you shrine an already crafted item?? unless you were shrining jewels thad you crafted?