Discuss Median XL!
Ragul
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
i dont understand why an uber gets sealed after i die how can i get around this
KeYzBeZ
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Ragul wrote:i dont understand why an uber gets sealed after i die how can i get around this

Switch To HC.
kaguki
Skeleton
2 | 0
I'm noob. can i ask what challenges/bosses i can do on normal ?
Ragul
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
KeYzBeZ wrote:
Ragul wrote:i dont understand why an uber gets sealed after i die how can i get around this

Switch To HC.

what you say makes sense because if you are going to start locking ubers in softcore it is just the same as hardcore in the sense you only have one chance
Edited by Ragul 5 years.
BlackMagick
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Ragul wrote:
KeYzBeZ wrote:

Switch To HC.

what you say makes sense because if you are going to start locking ubers it is just the same as hardcore in the sense you only have one chance

Start a new game and retry the uber. They are locked after dying or a certain amount of time now because people would just keep going in and out of TP's until they killed them. It makes the fight more challenging.
wether
Fallen
1 | 0
Where in setting i can setup to see drops in upper left corner?
currycatstrophe
Dark Huntress
13 | 2
I somehow lost the ability to show the extra potion slots on a belt, usually the ` or ~ key

I found the keybinds data stored in the preferences.json file. Tried deleting the file to let the game auto-create a new default with no luck. There's no coding for a function like "hotkey_showbelt" "hotkey_showpotions" "hotkey_expandbelt" or anything like that..tried adding a few random commands that I thought might make it work to no avail. The numeric code that matches the ` key is 192

Does anyone know the "hotkey_xxx" function that would be for showing the extra potions slots on belt?
Mordekaiser
Prowler
16 | 0
Is there a guide somewhere on the best way to MO runewords? I know there at least used to be some runes IE how to reroll the item beforehand and % max enchanted defense/damage caps but I cant seem to find anything anymore.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
kaguki wrote:I'm noob. can i ask what challenges/bosses i can do on normal ?

The only Challenge in Normal is the Level Challenge (see link below).*
https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/challenges

Bosses on Normal are just the quest, Act, and Challenge bosses.

wether wrote:Where in setting i can setup to see drops in upper left corner?

Check out D2Stats Reader, found in the Tools section of the Forum (see link below).
https://www.median-xl.com/tools.php

currycatstrophe wrote:I somehow lost the ability to show the extra potion slots on a belt, usually the ` or ~ key

I found the keybinds data stored in the preferences.json file. Tried deleting the file to let the game auto-create a new default with no luck. There's no coding for a function like "hotkey_showbelt" "hotkey_showpotions" "hotkey_expandbelt" or anything like that..tried adding a few random commands that I thought might make it work to no avail. The numeric code that matches the ` key is 192

Does anyone know the "hotkey_xxx" function that would be for showing the extra potions slots on belt?

I don't think it's possible at this time--or, at least, I haven't heard of a solution for this yet. There are a lot of problems with how the belt functions right now. This is one of them.

Mordekaiser wrote:Is there a guide somewhere on the best way to MO runewords? I know there at least used to be some runes IE how to reroll the item beforehand and % max enchanted defense/damage caps but I cant seem to find anything anymore.

Usually, prepping a base item for a RW goes something like this:
> Reroll the superior base item using Oils of Renewal until you get the ED value you want (+35% max), either full sockets or zero sockets, and whatever other mods you want (such as AR for weapons).
> Apply an Oil of Luck to see if you get a good ED bonus (+20% max, which means +55% total is possible) and whatever other mods you want (+Phys Res for armor, AR for weapons, etc.).
> If your item has zero sockets, cube it with the appropriate number of jewels to add sockets.
> Add ED orbs.
> Make the RW.

*Original statement mistakingly included Ennead Challenge.
Edited by Solfege 5 years.
Zennith
Grubber
310 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I understand that Exorcism scales with All skills and Magic spell damage.
1. Would Assassins "Doom" Skill -enemy magic res affect it accordingly?
2. I assume it would not add extra physical damage per hit, right?
3. It won't proc on kill, right?
4. A weapon with AoE wouldn't give Exorcism AoE, or cast it on multiple foe's in one swing?
5. Does skills that add flat damage to magic attacks affect it's damage output? Such as Bowzons dragonlore?