Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
skelenot wrote:Somebody give me build advice for my bow druid? Dunno what I could change to make him better. I also managed to do Sunstone of the Gods and Khalimgrad. I can sort of farm Tran Athulua? But it takes ages to kill the priestesses. And Legacy of Blood/Bartuc seems impossible. I can't get enough defense to not die instantly.

I have clawscratch on switch for MotW duration and phys dmg.

https://i.imgur.com/feTgYuI.png

You should make a
Locust Hive
Locust Hive
Arrow Quiver

Required Level: 5
Item Level: 1
4% Chance to cast level 1 Arrow on Striking
Adds (2 to 3)-(8 to 10) Magic Damage
(4 to 6)% Life stolen per Hit
or
Hanabigami
Hanabigami
Arrow Quiver

Required Level: 60
Item Level: 80
5% Chance to cast level 36 Ice Lance on Kill
5% Chance to cast level 36 Forked Lightning on Kill
5% Chance to cast level 36 Flamefront on Kill
Adds 13-25 Fire Damage
Adds 13-25 Lightning Damage
Adds 13-25 Cold Damage
-(1 to 10)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
for a quiver.

And you could improve your rings. Rare rings with +1 sk and supernova on kill procs are nice. Other good options are:
Bloodbond
Bloodbond
Ring

Required Level: 50
Item Level: 50
1% Chance to cast level 50 Burning Veil on Kill
+50 Life Regenerated per Second
Physical Resist 2%
+1% to Experience Gained
and
Earth Rouser
Earth Rouser
Ring

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 100
2% Chance to cast level 10 Shockwave on Melee Attack
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +15%
(6 to 10)% to Strength

All those uniques I listed can be made with unique reroll recipe.
Ronthar
Azure Drake
165 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
So I've been working on my first seasonal Barb and building him to be a melee barb. But I am undecided on going for 75% block (will require a heavy dex investment and cause me to run with ~5k health till I get charms/better gear) or try run ~1mil+ armor for 5% to be hit (will allow me to stack more vit).

For some reason I have it in my head that block is better.... but even typing this out and looking at it the thought doesn't make sense to me.... 5% to be hit with ~1-5% block (and more health) vs 75% to block with 50% or higher to be hit. Can someone just re-assure me that the high armor and health is better till I can afford to reach max block without making a drastic sacrifice of vit?

TLDR. Gladiators dominance or Runemaster for a newb ungeared melee barb?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
read the mid game section of the 26'th miniguide here viewtopic.php?f=40&t=491#link26 in order to check what you need to equip for max block with minimal dexterity investment
Ronthar
Azure Drake
165 | 6
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ChuckNoRis wrote:read the mid game section of the 26'th miniguide here http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.ph ... 491#link26 in order to check what you need to equip for max block with minimal dexterity investment

Thanks for the link to that guide, has some good ideas for me. I'm more asking for confirmation that at face value high armor 5% to be hit is better than 75% to block though. (I have it stuck in my head that there is some benefit to max block like blocking spells or something that makes max block more mitigation than the armor and I'm not sure if I'm just crazy.....)
Vessalax
Jungle Hunter
28 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Is anyone else having trouble seeing the skill points in the Skill Planner? It looks like all guides have lost the skill points.
Xenomorphous
Rust Claw
85 | 2
Vessalax wrote:Is anyone else having trouble seeing the skill points in the Skill Planner? It looks like all guides have lost the skill points.

Yes, but I'm sure it's a known issue by now and something will be done about it
Tokii
Acid Prince
47 | 3
Ronthar wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:read the mid game section of the 26'th miniguide here http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.ph ... 491#link26 in order to check what you need to equip for max block with minimal dexterity investment

Thanks for the link to that guide, has some good ideas for me. I'm more asking for confirmation that at face value high armor 5% to be hit is better than 75% to block though. (I have it stuck in my head that there is some benefit to max block like blocking spells or something that makes max block more mitigation than the armor and I'm not sure if I'm just crazy.....)

1. Neither block nor defense will help against spells.
2. Blocking always gets you in block animation while getting hit only does it sometimes. (depending on hp and stuff).
3. 75% block alone is not nearly enough for many tough crowded ubers(fauzt,bremmtown, lob and so on), unless you have like 20k life and/or high def/dmg..

So as the guide suggests i would say runemaster until you get some good items or for places where u can sacrifice defense for damage
stanbsl
Sasquatch
67 | 1
For which ubers do you need Magic resistance?
DreamTeam
Mahasattva
925 | 16
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
In your honest opinion, what's the best Amazon build in the game right now?
And is there a way to make it end-game viable without being gear dependent?
What I mean by that is can it be effective enough using mostly Tier 6 uniques?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
DreamTeam wrote:In your honest opinion, what's the best Amazon build in the game right now?
And is there a way to make it end-game viable without being gear dependent?
What I mean by that is can it be effective enough using mostly Tier 6 uniques?

IMO it's both Bloodzon and Stormzon.

Bloodzon has a good survivability thanks to lots of life after kill and a good amount of life. The damage is great as well, since Magic missiles gain an AoE once you're below 2/3 of your life. For everything else - use bloodstorm. For bosses - Lava pit

At some ubers, you can survive better using fire elementals. Their on death proc can be nice for some ubers as well, for example when you're getting Horazon's focus. You don't even need to stand in the bosses' way and just let him kill your summons.

As for stormzon: Magnetic field has been buffed like crazy. Yes, ranged enemies are harder to kill, but anything that rushes to you like Khalimgrad or Duncraig, can be farmed easily with that. At least for the part where you don't have to teleport. Fire elementals have the same use for that build as for bloodzon, but you don't want to use them often, since magnetic field makes you want to make enemies rush at you. Plus you'll have lots of defense with that build.

As for gear-dependency: Nearly every build is gear-dependend. Except ofc the barb from Aerial.

But tbh, I haven't tried bowzon or javazon lately. So I don't know about these builds. However, those were both nerfed thanks to the range-nerf. Javazon has been buffed the previous patch though.