Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
rcarson15
Vampiress
37 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is there any reason to stack res after the cap is hit (whatever that cap may be +max res)?
FuriousBEAR
Cog
204 | 11
RandomOnions wrote:Whaaaaat?....

If i remember right you could only find COTWs with oskills.
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
He means this is all kinds of wrong - Is the use of an Oskill still a must in finding cotws? - read what u wrote it makes no sense.. And ofc thats what a Cotw is, an Oskill.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
FuriousBEAR wrote:
RandomOnions wrote:Whaaaaat?....

If i remember right you could only find COTWs with oskills.

yea, smartassss said. cotw literally only spawns +1 to an oskill.

I think what you meant was can it only be "oskills" as in all the skills not found on class trees. it can spawn almost any skill in the game. obviously some are deemed far too strong or unreasonable to be used as a skill, like samael fire pounce, etc.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
rcarson15 wrote:Is there any reason to stack res after the cap is hit (whatever that cap may be +max res)?

Not really. Baal curses you to lower your resists when you are fighting his minions, Quov Tsin uses mythal, which reduces your resists by 20 (i think), and possibly tal rasha and the mages at the binding of baal uberquest pierce your resists, but none of these are dangerous, aside from mythal at QT, but thats easily dodgeable, and you are usually stacking res anyways for that fight.

Then there is the 100% resist pierce modifier of tier 13(?) labs, but thats an another story :D
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Assur still pierces fire resistance or you simply need a high max resistance to tank it ? I nevertheless stopped to ask myself the question
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Johnny Impak wrote:Assur still pierces fire resistance or you simply need a high max resistance to tank it ? I nevertheless stopped to ask myself the question

He does, 100 extra fire res needed. He is almost like Quov Tsin then.
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | 0
Speaking of Quov Tsin, if I want to easily face him, how much elemental resistance do I need to stack(I heard you need to stack to 450 something Fire resistance to be able to tank Assur)?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
HurtSmash404 wrote:Speaking of Quov Tsin, if I want to easily face him, how much elemental resistance do I need to stack(I heard you need to stack to 450 something Fire resistance to be able to tank Assur)?

QT doesnt pierce resists,you just need more max res, around 84-85 should be fine (in addition to 150 flat physical damage reduction). I forgot about Assur :\ Stacking res wont do much on its own, you also need more max fire res. But i dont bother with it as you can dodge the spells pretty easily, and the boss dies in 2 purifies.
silicondream
Lava Lord
95 | 22
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Which do you think was or still is the best item statistic ingame ?