Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
oatmilk
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
How exactly does Baal work? More specifically his vision of terrors

I'm being bombarded with them, when I kill one another is spawned immiediately after, upto 4 of them.
Is there a limit to how many Baal summons? Or am I just meant to get more damage somewhere and kill them faster? Do I need to kill all of them at once to stop them from spawning?

The only times I'm able to kill baal is when it decides not to spawn visions of terror, and once it does I just need hope for the best and remake.
altoiddealer
Djinn
532 | 36
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
oatmilk wrote:How exactly does Baal work? More specifically his vision of terrors

I'm being bombarded with them, when I kill one another is spawned immiediately after, upto 4 of them.
Is there a limit to how many Baal summons? Or am I just meant to get more damage somewhere and kill them faster? Do I need to kill all of them at once to stop them from spawning?

The only times I'm able to kill baal is when it decides not to spawn visions of terror, and once it does I just need hope for the best and remake.

When Baal strikes you, there is a chance he will summon. So, try not to get hit, for starters.
**EDIT** I stand corrected! :bounce:

If he does summon, you can kite Baal to one side of the map, and kite summon to the other, in order to deal with it.

Then, resume fighting and repeat as necessary.
Edited by altoiddealer 1 year.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
altoiddealer wrote:
oatmilk wrote:How exactly does Baal work? More specifically his vision of terrors

When Baal strikes you, there is a chance he will summon. So, try not to get hit, for starters.

If he does summon, you can kite Baal to one side of the map, and kite summon to the other, in order to deal with it.

Then, resume fighting and repeat as necessary.

This is not how Baal works any more. In 2.1 and later, he just randomly decides to use the summon skill instead of whatever other attack.
Newbking
Sand Maggot
1127 | 5
Common Posting Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
When's the next patch coming out?!
Can we at least get a rough estimate? Is it really soon, or months away? The anticipation is building up for what is sure to be an excellent season!

P.S thanks to all the devs for their hard work!
oatmilk
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
On the rifts page it says that Toraja jungles drop runes more often, does this include enhanced runes?

If you have a relic for a skill that's for your class but of a different (locked) devotion, are you still able to make use of it?

Does Area Effect (item modifier) attacks apply to monsters hit by Gale Force?

Does elemental spell procs still proc if you've taken a skill that prevents you from dealing damage in said type? (Holy Fire/Heart of Stone, etc)
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
oatmilk wrote:On the rifts page it says that Toraja jungles drop runes more often, does this include enhanced runes?

If you have a relic for a skill that's for your class but of a different (locked) devotion, are you still able to make use of it?

Does elemental spell procs still proc if you've taken a skill that prevents you from dealing damage in said type? (Holy Fire/Heart of Stone, etc)

1) Not sure but i guess so. Anyway it's not the best idea to farm Toraja.. Scosglen will give alot more profit in term of ench runes.
2) Yes, oskills usable even if they devotion restricted (surely you will get only +3 skill)
3) I guess no since they have ND and proc in exactly same time so just one AoE will hit.
4) Nope because "preventing of dealing damage of some element" is technically negative pierce so it affect any damage of listed type (spell, flat WDM)
Edited by Scalewinged 1 year.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
oatmilk wrote:On the rifts page it says that Toraja jungles drop runes more often, does this include enhanced runes?

1. for the first six or nine, yes

2. yes

3. aoe attack is a 100% chance to cast on melee attack proc, it procs on whirlwind attacks just like gale force does but does not proc off of anything else (for that you'd need on striking)

4. they proc but do 0 damage
oatmilk
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
I recall reading in another post that the %success of Oil of Luck is determined when the item is dropped/uptiered.
So is there a separate lucky modifier for Oil of Greater Luck which affects 40% of items?

I think in the same post I also read the chances of getting both modifiers was around 3-4%? Can I assume that the chance for both modifiers would then be 6-8% with Oil of Greater Luck?
PaMxl
Stone Warrior
33 | 3
What does work with ‘warp strike’ attacks such as Pounce or Harbinger in terms of procs? Mainly interested in:

- life / mana on attack mystic orbs,
    - chance to cast XXX (i.e Life Spark) on melee attack on weapons affix,
    - life / mana on kill from other skills,
    - chance to cast XXX (i.e. Gift of Inner Fire) on kill.
I don’t see any buff icons while using these warp strike skills but wanted to confirm details.
Rust Claw
89 | 2
Please tell me where can I get the damage calculation formula for the skill “Chaotic Spark” ?
Also, I see in an instruction document the pal skill "Lemures" uess the damage formula :
Base Damage × (100 + Cold Spell Damage)% × (50 + Vitality Bonus + Spell Focus/10)%
So my guess is that the “Chaotic Spark” use the damage formula:
Base Damage × (100 + lightning Spell Damage)% × (50 + Energy Bonus + Spell Focus/10)% energy bonus=130*(energy + 20)/(500 + energy)
is right ?
Ty