shatarnaaru
Prowler
16 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Istaryu wrote:
shatarnaaru wrote:
tbone503 wrote:
shatarnaaru wrote:Hey all. What options, if any, are available to remove MO from items?

I notice that uptier recipe removed any applied MOs, but what about removing MO's from a sacred or a maxed-tier item? Is it possible?

Thanks! :-D

I don't think you can with Sacred, but with a t4 you can re-roll it with an oil of enhancement and 2AC. It's a full reroll though, not just removing the MO upgrades.

Perhaps others can correct me if I'm wrong here.

Thanks Tbone! :mrgreen:

So re roll to unique recipe will clear out the MO modifications, and there isn't an option to keep the unique the same and just rid the MO modifications? That oil of enhancement + 2AC recipe can change the unique to an unwanted different unique though, which I don't want to do (-:

That recipe gives you the unique version of the tiered item you use, and every tiered item has only 1 unique version.

:-o Ahhhhh, You're right, I just checked both the base items and tiered unique page, and I didn't realize until now every base item only has 1 associated unique. Great! So there isn't a risk of rerolling unique to clear MOs and ending up with a different unique :mrgreen:

As for clearing out MO's from sacred or set items, shit out of luck there then?
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You don't get a different unique, but if it's a unique with different variables, they re-roll.

so for example say you had this item in a Tier 4 and it happened to have 195/290/300 on the damage variables, and 75 strength and 74 dex or something like that and you cubed it with 2 crystals to get rid of the MO upgrades that you don't like well those nice stats may not come out as nice on the re-roll. won't likely matter for most items, but if you have one that happened roll really well you may not want to get rid of those MOs just to clean it. Just something to be aware of before you go cleaning your tiered uniques.

You might just be better off finding the base and making your own uniques, then bumping them up with the cube recipe until you get to T4 if that's what you're after. From the cube recipe page https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/cube

Step 1, find your base item, buy it from a vendor, or gamble for it.

Step 2, cube it into a unique.

Step 3, uptier it from a 1 to a 2, or from a 2 to a 3, or from a 3 to a 4

It may cost you a few more arcane crystals this way, but it may be worth it rather than ruining a t4 unique that happens to have a very nice roll.

In the end it may not really matter that much if it's a good roll because you're probably going to want to move on from tiered uniques around mid-game anyway. Shrine crafted (and shrine blessed) items usually give you something better than the tiered uniques at that point.
Edited by tbone503 4 years.
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Pretty sure you're shit out of luck clearing the MOs on Sacred Uniques, but I'd be a lot more comfortable if someone else could corroborate.
exlyst
Prowler
17 | 0
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
HurtSmash404 wrote:Is there any reason to ever put hard points into Divine Apparition or Superbeast? And will the upcoming patch 1.3 change any of it?

I suppose DA's damage doesn't scale with hard points or even soft points, after a test in single player.
What I don't know is the range of DA. No clue how the range works and whether it scales with hard points.

it scale with hard points and is a screen wide hitting spell. hope that helped you
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
exlyst wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
HurtSmash404 wrote:Is there any reason to ever put hard points into Divine Apparition or Superbeast? And will the upcoming patch 1.3 change any of it?

I suppose DA's damage doesn't scale with hard points or even soft points, after a test in single player.
What I don't know is the range of DA. No clue how the range works and whether it scales with hard points.

it scale with hard points and is a screen wide hitting spell. hope that helped you

IT SCALE SO HARD BRO!!!

How?
Damage from Grim Presence? That's so hard (points), I confused it with cottage cheese. Facepalm.omg

Point's in DA do not increase shit, other than mana cost.

It hits screenwide with one point, why are you tring to one hit the entire map? Does that make a game fun?
exlyst
Prowler
17 | 0
Knight_Saber wrote:
exlyst wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:

IT SCALE SO HARD BRO!!!

How?
Damage from Grim Presence? That's so hard (points), I confused it with cottage cheese. Facepalm.omg

It hits screenwide with one point, why are you tring to one hit the entire map? Does that make a game fun?

yes, with grim presence of course...
i just answered his question and if you have another opionion about that, its fine.
i didnt wrote i recommend it, or its very usefull, or "soo much fun".
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1071 | 26
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
exlyst wrote:
Knight_Saber wrote:
exlyst wrote:
cnlnjzfjb wrote:

IT SCALE SO HARD BRO!!!

How?

yes, with grim presence of course...
i just answered his question and if you have another opionion about that, its fine.
i didnt wrote i recommend it, or its very usefull, or "soo much fun".

I have a bd based on DA this season with 52k damage, and it does work when farming, maybe not that perfect. Apparently, 52k DA damage is far from its limit. You can even find a video of DA pal this season in forum. Hard points in DA itself have no use other than mana cost. So, for the question, "Is there any reason to ever put hard points into Divine Apparition?", the answer is absolutely no. As for the DA bd, it just depends. And I think the DA bd has its own value, in some respects.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
joec11 wrote:Assassin's Shadow Refuge claims to give "Physical damage: xx% to attack"... what does this mean exactly? My testing seems to show that it doesn't affect the damage of the attack itself, or act as a buff for any other attack's damage. I can see the movement speed and phys resist go up as expected... so what is this damage referred to?
the buff provides physical %Damage Reduction and increased Movement Speed .

if you attack your opponents with it , you will also deal more physical damage too , just as the skill description says . if you only use it once to get the buff , then attack your opponents with something else , you just get the %DR and %MS

the increased physical damage only applies as long you use that skill to strike your opponents
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Which sorceress elemental passives are best for
Leah's Vision
Leah's Vision
Jared's Stone (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 40 to 43
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 242
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
+1% Physical/Magic Spell Damage per 20 Vitality
+(5 to 7) to Sorceress Skill Levels
+20% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(40 to 50) to Death Ripple
Regenerate Mana +25%
Elemental Resists -20%
3% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (3)
? The %maxlife ones (poison/cold), seeing as you're going full vit?
If doing so, is
Adamantine Guard
Adamantine Guard
Kazarghand (Sacred)

Defense: (7459 - 8235) to (8332 - 9222)
(Sorceress Only)
Required Dexterity: 550
Item Level: 120
4% Chance to cast level 36 Glacial Nova on Kill
+(3 to 4) to Sorceress Skill Levels
30% Cast Speed
+(25 to 38)% to Poison Spell Damage
-35% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(11 to 16) to Warp Armor (Sorceress Only)
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+1500 Defense
(15 to 20)% to Energy
Socketed (6)
an option vs a full vit craft/honorific, or a waste of time?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Knight_Saber wrote:Which sorceress elemental passives are best for
Leah's Vision
Leah's Vision
Jared's Stone (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 40 to 43
(Sorceress Only)
Required Dexterity: 242
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
+1% Physical/Magic Spell Damage per 20 Vitality
+(5 to 7) to Sorceress Skill Levels
+20% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(40 to 50) to Death Ripple
Regenerate Mana +25%
Elemental Resists -20%
3% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (3)
? The %maxlife ones (poison/cold), seeing as you're going full vit?
If doing so, is
Adamantine Guard
Adamantine Guard
Kazarghand (Sacred)

Defense: (7459 - 8235) to (8332 - 9222)
(Sorceress Only)
Required Dexterity: 550
Item Level: 120
4% Chance to cast level 36 Glacial Nova on Kill
+(3 to 4) to Sorceress Skill Levels
30% Cast Speed
+(25 to 38)% to Poison Spell Damage
-35% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+(11 to 16) to Warp Armor (Sorceress Only)
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Defense
+1500 Defense
(15 to 20)% to Energy
Socketed (6)
an option vs a full vit craft/honorific, or a waste of time?

Hard to say. Depends on your defense and phys resist, otherwise poison is hard to pass for 20% phy res, or 15, whatever it is now for just a few skill points, plus I think Hive gives a big chunk to energy at that point if you have a ton of points in energy, cause it converts like 33% of vit into energy?

Fire is really good for the 1000 ish life per second + firedance for spell damage. That item pairs well with
Shrill Sacrament
Shrill Sacrament
Chain Boots (Sacred)

Defense: (1625 - 1995) to (1762 - 2162)
Required Strength: 575
Exorcism: +50% Total Damage
10% Chance to cast level 20 Nightmare on Melee Attack
(10 to 40)% Movement Speed
+(10 to 30)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(9 to 13) to Exorcism
+(120 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
(15 to 25)% to Vitality
+(40 to 100) Life after each Demon Kill
Socketed (4)
for Exorcism, as I think firedance also boosts %phys magic or just elemental? If so, you drop a big firedance ring, tap a boss with exorcism, wait 20 seconds if its not dead, redo.

Cold is really good for reason you mentioned, but I think it caps at only 25% max life? Ice elementals can be helpful for the 5% max cold res if you're doing some labyrinth stuff

Adamantine Guard might be cool to get the TCD bonus from warp armor, but the avoid is hard point I believe.