Short Questions Thread

Discuss Median XL!
shrimp
Daystar
693 | 14
rcarson15
After put all shit on remove all, then put only gloves whit out any other items equipped (amu,ring also) and do this 4 all shit u wear.
facktreal
Thunder Beetle
53 | 0
does MF reliant on essence drop in Teganze? Farming 3 days in a row, 300mf+(on 2 other chars) i can't get cold essence. I have like 10+ all of them(and like 30 runestones) from this runs, except cold. No cold at all.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1444 | 59
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
facktreal wrote:does MF reliant on essence drop in Teganze? Farming 3 days in a row, 300mf+(on 2 other chars) i can't get cold essence. I have like 10+ all of them(and like 30 runestones) from this runs, except cold. No cold at all.

Magic find increases the chance to find higher rarity items, and essences have no rarity, so no.
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
speaking off teganze. what is a rough base stat requirements for melee to survive?

specifically for druid, assassin, and sorc.

first time i went into teganze with my melee sorc a couple seasons ago, she couldn't get past the first pack. at like 50ish % block and 75-78 resists, and relatively high defense. . . . however my trap sin in there atm with 45% block (claw block), a similar health pool of about 8-9k, and 80 resists doesn't have terribly much trouble (granted, i'm not in melee taking every hit and only about 1/2 of them contact me outside normal defensives) . . . . and my merc could care less lol, but he's a 16k a5 with 2.5k strenght providing health regen. .

mostly ask for if i decide to transition to melee claw sin sometime later, despite my inability to get it to work literally anywhere whenever i try lol (except spots like k3k, but that's mostly because everything dies so fast it doesn't matter, but whenever i'm still for very long i just go splat lol).
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1444 | 59
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
cyborgtemplar wrote:speaking off teganze. what is a rough base stat requirements for melee to survive?

first time i went into teganze with my melee sorc a couple seasons ago, she couldn't get past the first pack. at like 50ish % block and 75-78 resists, and relatively high defense. . . . however my trap sin in there atm with 45% block (claw block), a similar health pool of about 8-9k, and 80 resists doesn't have terribly much trouble (granted, i'm not in melee taking every hit and only about 1/2 of them contact me outside normal defensives) . . . . and my merc could care less lol, but he's a 16k a5 with 2.5k strenght providing health regen. .

mostly ask for if i decide to transition to melee claw sin sometime later, despite my inability to get it to work literally anywhere whenever i try lol (except spots like k3k, but that's mostly because everything dies so fast it doesn't matter, but whenever i'm still for very long i just go splat lol).

Just save yourself a headache and don't try to farm teganze with melee.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Teganze with melee is easy to cheese. I did this with melee char and endyrems. Do summon them on top or in front to absorb damage balls or distract mobs while you get close and kill.
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
oh, whenever i summon those guys they just instantly die lol. haven't tired em in teganze though
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
cyborgtemplar wrote:speaking off teganze. what is a rough base stat requirements for melee to survive?

75-78 max res is really really low for Teganze as melee, I typically don't go in there without at least 84+ in fire+cold+light. Either use
Topspin
Topspin
Skull Cap (4)

Defense: (76 - 83) to (115 - 125)
Required Level: 3
Required Strength: 28
Item Level: 1
5% Attack Speed
+(31 to 50)% Enhanced Defense
+(31 to 50) Defense
(3 to 5)% to Dexterity
(3 to 5)% to Energy
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
10% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (1)
Defense: (277 - 301) to (365 - 397)
Required Level: 20
Required Strength: 55
Item Level: 31
15% Attack Speed
+(61 to 80)% Enhanced Defense
+(71 to 100) Defense
(6 to 8)% to Dexterity
(6 to 8)% to Energy
20% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (3)
Defense: (704 - 760) to (876 - 943)
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 192
Item Level: 51
25% Attack Speed
+(91 to 110)% Enhanced Defense
+(151 to 200) Defense
(9 to 11)% to Dexterity
(9 to 11)% to Energy
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
30% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (4)
Defense: (1182 - 1258) to (1471 - 1564)
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 384
Item Level: 77
30% Attack Speed
+(121 to 140)% Enhanced Defense
+(301 to 400) Defense
(12 to 14)% to Dexterity
(12 to 14)% to Energy
40% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (4)
or
Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Defense: (2136 - 2611) to (2161 - 2642)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength:
Item Level: 1
+(80 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Physical Resist 5%
(16 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)
and
Wheel of Fortune
Wheel of Fortune
Large Shield (4)

Defense: 85 to 162
Chance to Block: Class%
Required Level: 4
Required Strength: 27
Required Dexterity: 45
Item Level: 10
+(21 to 30) to Vitality
Elemental Resists +(6 to 10)%
Fire Absorb 1%
Lightning Absorb 1%
Cold Absorb 1%
(4 to 7)% Gold Find
(5 to 10)% Magic Find
Socketed (1)
Defense: 240 to 405
Required Level: 21
Required Strength: 53
Required Dexterity: 67
Item Level: 31
+(31 to 40) to Vitality
Elemental Resists +(11 to 20)%
Fire Absorb 2%
Lightning Absorb 2%
Cold Absorb 2%
(9 to 12)% Gold Find
(11 to 20)% Magic Find
Socketed (3)
Defense: 501 to 817
Required Level: 39
Required Strength: 184
Required Dexterity: 139
Item Level: 51
+(41 to 50) to Vitality
Elemental Resists +(21 to 30)%
Fire Absorb 2%
Lightning Absorb 2%
Cold Absorb 2%
(14 to 17)% Gold Find
(21 to 30)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
Defense: 684 to 1113
Required Level: 48
Required Strength: 368
Required Dexterity: 288
Item Level: 77
+(51 to 60) to Vitality
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Fire Absorb 3%
Lightning Absorb 3%
Cold Absorb 3%
(17 to 19)% Gold Find
(31 to 40)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
if you use shield, along with Pgems as much as possible. Most melee suffer in Teganze and the limiting factor is how much you get nuked, usually. I don't see much of a difference in adding more defense, cause most of the damage is elemental anyway.
oLYMPUS
Prowler
15 | 0
What will happen to Ethereal Item when durability hit 0 ? Is it really can't be repaired ?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
oLYMPUS wrote:What will happen to Ethereal Item when durability hit 0 ? Is it really can't be repaired ?
yes ,you can no longer use it if it drops to zero . socket a jewel with "indestructible" affix in order to avoid that

Istaryu wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Istaryu wrote:Regarding caster barb, has anyone tried a war cry build with SSU horned helm?

yes , it goes quite nice if you want to try something new and interesting, it is capable of farming Dunc and Fauztinville , but not good enough for high tier labs . it deals around 20k damage in mid game . with dedicated gear it can go way past that . the itemisation goes somewhat similar to a lazy neutraldin. the skillplan is pretty much obious , with maxing wolves , MK and BH as sinergies , spirit guide and runemaster for some well needed defense , 1-pointer immortal and thundergod , 1-pointer wolf stance for some movement speed and %FHR. You can cast War Cry from left click . sadly ,War Cry no longer leeches , therefore Eagle stance can be a valid option if you want to avoid drinking heal pots too often and it also pairs well with the
Spirit Walker
Spirit Walker
Heavy Boots (Sacred)

Defense: 696 to 737
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 550
Item Level: 120
+1% Physical Resist per 18% Mana Regeneration
+2 to All Skills
+(50 to 100) Spell Focus
(10 to 40)% Movement Speed
Jitan's Gate Cooldown Reduced by 1 seconds
+35% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Socketed (4)
boots for some free %DR

it's worth a shot imo (but you may want to turn the sound off, as all those cries can be annoying after some point :lol: )

What do you mean it doesnt leech? According to the toltip, it leeches 4% dmg per ancient blood base lvl.
If it is decent i might try it, because i absolutely despise summoner builds, and throw is kind of clunky, unless you have enough gear to clear with stampede, which does pretty bad dmg.
are you sure that you are playing the latest patch ? yes , it used to leech , and it was great when it did . look at the changelog from patch 1.2 https://www.median-xl.com/version/sigma-1-2-0.php
"WAR CRY:
No longer leeches life, may now be used on the left mouse button ....."

before 1.2 it had to be played stanceless , as you could only cast war cry from right click , but now you got eagle stance , as i wrote above

► Show Spoiler