Discuss Median XL!
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I have some questions for this project. I'm aware (I can only speak in vague terms here) the development team took away the trophy info as to what each bonus yields in the docs a while ago. Now will the wiki have this information? Or will the wiki be limited to what the published information for the docs are? Cause I'm sure a public source for secret uniques/runewords would be nice, but if it's limited so that some information is spread by word of mouth and not a published source - what exactly is the point of the wiki? I feel like most if not all information would be redundant and am having a hard time to see what direction this wiki would be going.

In short - do you plan to add every bit of information on every aspect of the game or control it so that stuff such as secret runewords cannot be published?
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Scalewinged wrote:
Rishab wrote:Made a page giving full information of what exactly you can get from gift box.
http://median-xl.wikia.com/wiki/Gift_Box

Suggestions for making it even better are welcome.

Non-specific items means class-specific items too. Necro/Assa can get sorceress body armors. And Necro can get Dru/Pala helms and Circlets. Same goes to Staff, Sword, not sure but probably even for "other weapon" as Dru.
PS: Short example. That items i just got from Box
► Show Spoiler

ooh, didnt thought of it like that. Hmm.. i will update the page then. Thanku.
Does this get applied to barb too? i mean it can get swords of all type then?

Pub wrote:In short - do you plan to add every bit of information on every aspect of the game or control it so that stuff such as secret runewords cannot be published?

Its gonna get everything into it, no information is gonna be kept away from wiki. But seeing how the development team is very small right now and the project is enormous, the development is gonna be slow. I hope to find some automated process to get information from game files faster.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Rishab wrote:
Scalewinged wrote:
Rishab wrote:Made a page giving full information of what exactly you can get from gift box.

Non-specific items means class-specific items too. Necro/Assa can get sorceress body armors. And Necro can get Dru/Pala helms and Circlets. Same goes to Staff, Sword, not sure but probably even for "other weapon" as Dru.
PS: Short example. That items i just got from Box
► Show Spoiler

ooh, didnt thought of it like that. Hmm.. i will update the page then. Thanku.
Does this get applied to barb too? i mean it can get swords of all type then?

Yep. I've got 2 barb swords or barb axe + barb sword several times before. Or this time i got barb sword along with barb class item from box.

PS: Can't upload screenshot 'cause of getting "error". Btw still not sure about "other weapon" from druid box an have no dru to test it. I'll check it later abit.
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Glad to see you plan to add as much info. I've never been to crazy about the current docs just because of all the clicking to maneuver. It's polished and looks clean but it's just my personal issue with it but I can live with it. The olds docs I loved but now with a wiki - once it becomes full enough - I always had a habit of ctrl+t, "gamename" "piece of content" wiki to find whatever info I wanted to dig up and it in general gave me the info I was looking for. Good luck with the project and hope to see people help you out with... cause it won't be easy. :p
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

Possible to get the items on one line? The font looks pretty large and may get a cluttered feeling to readers.

Is there a way to make it like this:

etc. but with proper alignment obviously. Also adding some headers for the categories (seen above in example)

Edit: Had to screenshot and put in place since the spacing fucked up when I tried in bbcode.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Made changes in the page, check and see if its better now

http://median-xl.wikia.com/wiki/Griswold%27s_Treasure
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
- Gandhi
thunderman
Banned
540 | 81
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

Second orb is called Heart of Frost
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
thunderman wrote:Second orb is called Heart of Frost

Fixed, ty
- Gandhi
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Rishab wrote:Made changes in the page, check and see if its better now

Looks much cleaner now. Only exception I have left is the "Druid Weapon or Other Weapon". I'm not sure if that can be worded better. Like sorc says "Sorceress Weapon or Staff". Maybe druid becomes "Any weapon"? I'm not sure if there's a bias to Druid-class weapons from druid boxes or not. The hoverable tags make it helpful enough where you could write "Druid Weapon or Weapon", but that might be confusing, so I wonder if "Any Weapon" is sufficient enough unless a bias towards druid-only exists.

That and if you can squeeze Sorceress Armor into the same line. Same for Paladin Helm (I'm not sure the limits on the wiki tables for size). I think overall it will increase the readability. Looks good though.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
L H wrote:
Rishab wrote:Made changes in the page, check and see if its better now

Looks much cleaner now. Only exception I have left is the "Druid Weapon or Other Weapon". I'm not sure if that can be worded better. Like sorc says "Sorceress Weapon or Staff". Maybe druid becomes "Any weapon"? I'm not sure if there's a bias to Druid-class weapons from druid boxes or not. The hoverable tags make it helpful enough where you could write "Druid Weapon or Weapon", but that might be confusing, so I wonder if "Any Weapon" is sufficient enough unless a bias towards druid-only exists.

That and if you can squeeze Sorceress Armor into the same line. Same for Paladin Helm (I'm not sure the limits on the wiki tables for size). I think overall it will increase the readability. Looks good though.

Yeah i m also not sure why the druid weapon is listed like that but i m assuming there is something different enough for them to be listed separately.

Also. i think the screen size affects the display of the text bcz the sorc armor and pala helm r coming in single line for me.
► Show Spoiler

Additionally, i finished this page too, u guys can suggest what else can be done in it.
http://median-xl.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_ ... ystic_Orbs
- Gandhi