About ethereal and class items

Discuss Median XL!
prowler
Prowler
16 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Wassup folks

Before everything, thanks to Marco, Laz, and everyone involved in the making of this great mod, cheers.

I won´t complain about magical stuff drop rates, they could be better, but they are fine to me.

My concern is about ethereal items and high tier/lvl class stuff.

I will start saying that I agree with the point about adapting to the circunstances, if you don´t have luck with a drop, you have to compensate with another option, (craft, rare, honorific, rw, tu, su, bla bla bla).

I have farmed non stop for two weeks places like duncraig, triune, TA, Bremm and UL, looking for an ethereal sacred warp blade and/or ethereal sacred ceremonial armor with no luck, the best place to find warp blades is duncraig, however, they are 99% magic/rare/set/unique and I´m running with 0% mf, TA is a wonderful place to farm ethereals, however, items dropped are of low ilvl, Bremm is pretty similar to TA drops, but with a slight improvement in ilvl, UL drops fewer items compared to TA/Bremm, Triune is similar to UL about drop rates.

I have found severeal sacred eths in the way, broad swords, long swords, maiden pikes, double axes, war axes, lamellars, chain mails, gothic plates, scale mails, leathers, helms, barb/zon helms, sin/barb/zon/regular shields, idas, wands, orbs, daggers, scythes and bla bla bla bla, but only one grey sacred warp blade (superior non eth) and 0 sacred eth ceremonial.

I have to run with 0 mf, because with more mf, warp blades could be magical+, and I want just a normal one, for that reason, I´m in a limbo, because with 0 mf you get less interesting drops from duncraig or TA, you can still get various su´s and sets, but less than with 400+ mf, then, I´m wasting my time very hard.

During that time, I could built a fully geared zon/necro/pally and own the game with them, but I want to play the game with my melee sorc and I want to try some builds with my melee sorc, because I enjoy the game playing with my melee sorc.

My proposed solution about this:

- Make high ilvl class items a little more accesible.
- Add a triple drop bias to a dungeon/uberlevel.
- Fist bias: Ethereal items
- Second bias: Sacred items
- Third bias: Normal items (Preventing ethereal SU farmers)
- Dungeons proposed:
- Bremm
- Vizjun
- Khalimgrad
- Icy Cellar
- Change Charsi quest to convert any normal item into ethereal.
- Add a cube recipe for converting any normal item into ethereal.
- Add a boss kill event, 30 seconds aura which allows you to convert any normal item into ethereal.

There´s a big difference between very rare drops and lottery rolls.

My 2 cents.

Peace.
Edited by prowler 7 years.
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
why you looking for etheral item?
linuxrs
Vampiress
36 | 1
Documentation wrote:Affix Burn Recipe

This explosive alchemical combination burns all magic off an item, returning it as a basic low quality item. This recipe is useful to prepare an item for a runeword.

Any weapon/armor + Catalyst of Destruction + rune → reroll item as low quality + Catalyst of Destruction

I don't see the problem? You can then upgrade them to superior.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Affix burn would reroll it to non-ethereal.

@Glamdring26 - Ethereal items have 50% higher defense/damage base making them better for some runewords.
prowler
Prowler
16 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Added more solutions.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
prowler wrote:- Change Charsi quest to convert any normal item into ethereal.
- Add a boss kill event, 30 seconds aura which allows you to convert any normal item into ethereal.

Items that can spawn as ethereal only have a 5% chance to do so. Your best bet is to offer something in the trade thread that will make people keep an eye out for one.
Stealthmaster
Godsman Guard
3902 | 155
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Fumbles wrote:

Items that can spawn as ethereal only have a 5% chance to do so. Your best bet is to offer something in the trade thread that will make people keep an eye out for one.

This bunch of recipes is actually a nice idea, imo, but only:

1) if you remove all indestructible jewels from the game and make vendors 'eat' those items instead of reselling them to you with full durability. Sure, you can roll an armor with %increased durability, but when it gets broken, there's nothing you can do about it except for throwing away/destroying.
2) make all gems/runes/jewels that were put to indestructible weapons/armors unsocketable. When you lose the item, you lose all that was socketed into it.
3) make you lose durability 3 times faster than in current MXL version.
prowler
Prowler
16 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Stealthmaster wrote:
Fumbles wrote:

This bunch of recipes is actually a nice idea, imo, but only:

1) if you remove all indestructible jewels from the game and make vendors 'eat' those items instead of reselling them to you with full durability. Sure, you can roll an armor with %increased durability, but when it gets broken, there's nothing you can do about it except for throwing away/destroying.
2) make all gems/runes/jewels that were put to indestructible weapons/armors unsocketable. When you lose the item, you lose all that was socketed into it.

Exactly, most of the eth stuff is used for xis enhanted rws or great runes, that would be great.

I am offering 10 sk1 for one item that doesn´t worth it, that´s about 100 TG, but the problem is:

- Duncraig, the only sacred biased dungeon, is also biased with mf, so, finding normal stuff there is harder than finding su´s there.
- Some high ilvl class stuff is very rare to get, one example is the warp blade and the ceremonial armor, when you find one, it is T3-T4, rarely T5-T6 and more rarely sacred, plus, they are not common, plus, they can be magical+. The result is a lottery roll.
gg2
Rust Claw
86 | 16
The output of a cube recipe CAN'T be ethereal iirc.
Something with D2 coding.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Ethereal, non-socketed item + jewels = Ethereal item w/sockets.