Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
The attack speed breakpoints that Speedcalc provides for the werewolf form are incorrect. To figure out your in game fpa see below.

Werewolf Attack Speed

Contrary to previous belief werewolves benefit from the attack speed on your weapon (from now on wIAS), the attack speed from your skills (sIAS) and the attack speed on your gear (gIAS). However the contribution of the last two is rather small and caps out very fast. So calculating fpa is a two step process:

1) Work out your Speed modifier:

SM = floor[120*gIAS/(120 + gIAS)] + sIAS - WSM. Capped at 75.

To generate the table below I have used a capped speed modifier for all weapons, because the cap is easy to reach endgame.

If you wish to play with the full range of speed modifier values see the attached spreadsheet at the end.

2) Count how much attack speed you have on your weapon:

Explanation

Maxed speed modifier for Long Sword requires 102 gIAS, for War Sword 72 gIAS, for Great Sword 240 gIAS. These numbers are with MotW.
Note that gIAS includes the attack speed on your weapon so these are easy to achieve e.g. 50% from charms and 60% from ias jewels on a runeword will cap SM for a Long Sword.

Spreadsheet for those who want to work out their own SM & breakpoint values depending on their unique combination of WSM/gIAS/sIAS/wIAS:
wolfspeed.xlsx

To use this spreadsheet, only change the cells which have a green background with the stats from your char. Your FPA is then calculated in the red cell.

Anything else unclear about the above? Post in this topic.
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
image link is broken :(

btw can't you get other sourcer of skill ias too? wolf stance with community gloves+boots for example
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
What about using
Auriel's Robe
Auriel's Robe
Light Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (7583 - 9229) to (8905 - 10882)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 650
Item Level: 120
50% Movement Speed
Weapon Physical Damage +100%
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+1000 Defense
+3000 Defense vs. Missile
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (6)
and how can one acquire 317 ias on a broadsword? I'm having a hard time with the math part.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
Gekko64 wrote:image link is broken :(

btw can't you get other sourcer of skill ias too? wolf stance with community gloves+boots for example

Seems like imgur is not accessible for some european ISPs atm. Changed pic host.

Fumbles wrote:What about using
Auriel's Robe
Auriel's Robe
Light Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (7583 - 9229) to (8905 - 10882)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 650
Item Level: 120
50% Movement Speed
Weapon Physical Damage +100%
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+1000 Defense
+3000 Defense vs. Missile
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (6)
and how can one acquire 317 ias on a broadsword? I'm having a hard time with the math part.

You probably can't. Prolly highest is 190 with SSU broadsword and 6 ias runes, but 317 was close enough so I included it anyway.

About wolf stance and other buffs: sure, keep the ideas coming I'll add them to the table later.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Ya 280 seemed high, with double-mo 244 is possible.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
suchbalance wrote:For whatever reason speedcalc only shows the werewolf attack speed breakpoints up to 7FPA.

because it's an odd behavior of morphs and their attack speed, which only affects classic morphs: this allows weapon IAS to go beyond the regular breakpoints. There are similar behaviors with dual-weilding, where IAS on weapon seems to have some kind of special effect, its just more hardcoded art by Blizzard. There are tons of odd tables for these in the speedcalc, but I'm not sure they work correctly.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
Marco wrote:because it's an odd behavior of morphs and their attack speed, which only affects classic morphs

True, I remember you could reach 3 frame attack in cLoD with a werebear morph on an assassin if I'm not mistaken :mrgreen:
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
In lod, wolf has lower attack speed compared to unmorphed druid. This happens due to different animdata entries and frame counts on the animations. I guess blizzard added this little exception to speed formula to make morphs get better benefit from faster weapons. So you could get any weapon which stated "Very high attack speed" and easily become faster than unmorphed druid, even though morphed druid would be slower when using a slow weapon.

This doesn't really have anything to do with skill IAS whatsoever, the key is in the weapon speed (I'm saying for graphing purposes). There should be no difference with using rapture/wolf stance vs regular item IAS. The exploit/glitch here lies in the fact that this breakpoint exception doesn't seem to suffer from any kind of diminishing, so while the morph speed is supposed to cap at 7fpa, it can go to ridiculous values like 2fpa and I assume 1fpa too.

Needless to say, this only happens with lod morphs because it's just the same old hardcoding blizzard does. There are also weird behaviors like these on dual weilding. I think the speedcalc is supposed to contemplate them, but in reality I don't think it does.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
Marco wrote:This doesn't really have anything to do with skill IAS whatsoever, the key is in the weapon speed (I'm saying for graphing purposes). There should be no difference with using rapture/wolf stance vs regular item IAS. The exploit/glitch here lies in the fact that this breakpoint exception doesn't seem to suffer from any kind of diminishing, so while the morph speed is supposed to cap at 7fpa, it can go to ridiculous values like 2fpa and I assume 1fpa too.

Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean by "graphing purposes". Also "there should be no difference with using sIAS vs item IAS", do you mean that sIAS counts for the same as gear IAS in the formula in the case of lod morphs? This doesn't seem to be the case from the source I'm using and the various speed calculators I tested on.

Here is the formula I used:

Code: Select all

AnimDuration = {(AnimLength * 256) / [AnimSpeed * (AnimRate + SIAS + EIAS - WSM) / 100]} - 1

Where:

[EIAS = 120 * IASItem / (120 + IASItem)]

It matches the results that our own speedcalc gives for 7 fpa +, but I guess it could be incorrect also.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
Okay so I did some heavy research on this and it turns out that our Speedcalc is 100% wrong about all values of the attack speed breakpoints for werewolf (and hence werebear too), which mislead me. The reason for this is that it uses the standard formula, which I linked above. However this formula actually changes a bit for the wereforms, let me explain: (note that in all the code blocks square brackets mean floor rounding, and curly ones ceiling)

In the above formula for any other morph AnimSpeed would simply be the animation speed of the A1HTH animation of the thing you are looking at. However for wereforms we have:

AnimSpeed = [256 * Framesneutral / Delay]

FramesNeutral is the frame count of the wereform's neutral animation (resting in place) aka 40NUHTH which is 9 frames.

And:

Delay = [256 * FramesChar / [(100 + WIAS - WSM) * CharSpeed / 100]]

Here FramesChar = is the frame count of the attack of the untransformed character with the weapon you are currently using. Therefore this parameter changes for every single weapon type (except for 2h swords which for whatever reason are coded to use the value of 1h swords). Let's take the 1h sword as a given since this type is required for harbinger. We look up DZA11HS and we get FramesChar = 19.

Finally CharSpeed is the animation speed for the above attack, which is equal to 320.

In addition this part of the general formula: SIAS + EIAS - WSM is capped at 75 (which is what marco was getting at when he tried to say that skill ias and gear Ias should stop having an effect at some point). This cap is very easy to reach in median because as a druid you have 10 SIAS base and your weapon is at -20. If you get no other sources of skill attack speed, you will need 73 attack speed on your gear to reach the cap. After which, the only thing which will have an effect on your FPA is the attack speed on your sword.

So assuming endgame gear and SIAS + EIAS - WSM = 75, we can finally get the correct breakpoints for your attack speed which depend on the attack speed on your weapon alone.

They are:
  • 9fpa @ 0 weapon IAS
  • 19 wIAS for 8fpa
  • 33 wIAS for 7fpa
  • 50 wIAS for 6fpa
  • 71 wIAS for 5fpa
  • 98 wIAS for 4fpa
  • 185 wIAS for 3fpa
  • 261 wIAS for 2fpa

I'll correct the table tomorrow since I'm bloody knackered. Basically speedcalc lied boys. SUCK FPEEDCALC