Is someone writing a holy paladin guide?

Discuss Median XL!
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
From my experience attack procs are very underwhelming, not enough aoe for fast clear. In fauztinville they are extra weak, because neons are immune and they block a lot of projectile based spells, before they die. If you wanna approach every single little pack of necrobots, after rest of enemies dies, and melee them one by one, via spell procs, thats gonna be just slow.

As I mentioned earlier, give pala sssu holy lance, and it basically creates mr painless effect, or necro shaad scythe, whole screen of punishers, where they carry enough damage to quickly 1 shot necrobot. I guess we should be happy such item exists, because not every build has this luxury.

Fauzt is a good farming spot, and a challenge, to figure out build that can clear it.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
yes , my build uses that lance since last year or 2 years ago (i don't remember exactly) and it works fine but i still don't see why should be Fauztinville on the list where you would take a holy melee to farm .it's not like he needs many shrines or many top runes that drop there . Duncraig / tran / k3kba are the places to go as holy melee imo , the rest of the ubers are "take the charm and never return" , maby only for the Trophy .

it's like taking a bowzon to ureh more than once , just for the challange . makes no sence imo

or maby some of you have too much spare time irl and don't know what to do with it
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Fauzt, besides Tran/Duncraig, is always my favourite farming spot. It is a huge level and the drop rate is great. I've found many Sacred Uniques for my chars there (including my SSSU), and runes for runewords.
Gonna try 1h + shield to see how they perform.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
There is an option to go sorc morph with that, 5 fpa swing and you get to use resurrects. Just it is pita to get good ones.
Maybe auhe shield akarats are good, then you can cast them without looking for good elites.

As for good 1h weapons, Angiris Star seems to be decent. Low damage is deceiving, timestrike really does some work there, it feels much better with retal, than what damage would suggest.
Shade
|
Interesting thread this. Just trying to put it all together in my mind, re skill plan I think so far it summarises to this:

Smax: Dragonheart, Rapture, Plague(?), Incarnation(??)
    10 pts Colosseum (3s timer)
    1pt: Divine Judgement, VoR, Retaliate

There are still some questions I've not seen any decisions on:

1. Reward skills. I'm guessing max Blessed Life, 1pt DA. DragonKnight... max? or is 1pt enough with +skills?

2. If we want to max BL/DK then what should we drop from the first skill set? Plague maybe? Less points in Rapture (just leftovers)? Maybe don't bother with Incarnation since it has 3 prereq skills anyway?

3. Phys Immunes - well-geared Act 3 abjurer merc is best way so far to deal with those (or the fireball guy from Act 3)?

4. Also - is it worth putting any points in Light tree below Rapture? Hoplites prob too weak without maxing and S&A same - maybe Sacred Armour might be worth at least 1pt though?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
You dont max rapture. All you need is technically 1pt with hand of god, with spear you can even go shadow tree.
Realistically if you dont want to recast every 30s, you put more points, like 5-10, it helps with ias too, less ias needed.
Colosseum id leave at 1pt, it isnt that useful skill, aoe of debuff is fairly small. If you really test it, you realize you calear at same speed just spamming retaliate. This skill is imo not doing enough. Would be nice if it has high % damage, so that initial hit would boost plague spread beyond retal 60%.

Maxing leech passiveisnt bad idea, it scales, you can leech to full in 1 hit off single monster, thats not useless.
Otherwise dragonheart, plague and blessed life - max.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
aerial wrote:you can leech to full in 1 hit off single monster

wut?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
You dont max rapture. All you need is technically 1pt with hand of god, with spear you can even go shadow tree.
Realistically if you dont want to recast every 30s, you put more points, like 5-10, it helps with ias too, less ias needed.
Colosseum id leave at 1pt, it isnt that useful skill, aoe of debuff is fairly small. If you really test it, you realize you calear at same speed just spamming retaliate. This skill is imo not doing enough. Would be nice if it has high % damage, so that initial hit would boost plague spread beyond retal 60%.

Maxing leech passive isnt bad idea, it scales, you can leech to full in 1 hit off single monster, thats not useless.
Otherwise dragonheart, plague and blessed life - max.
it's all here people viewtopic.php?f=40&t=491#link18
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
They asked about a guide, not a gear suggestion.
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Thread can be deleted. Bojac created one.