Is someone writing a holy paladin guide?

Discuss Median XL!
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Fumbles wrote:I wouldn't call it a nerf. Diving Judgement was buffed a significant amount initially. Now the number of hits has been reduced and the damage has been spread more evenly. Its an improvement imo.

Also the patch isn't live yet so no one outside of sp can answer that.

So most of the damage isn't from the first hit. Could this actually help the skill overall with clearing aoe?
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
It should but don't confuse the docs interpretation to mean the aoe has been increased. The damage is just spread more appropriately throughout the duration of the skill, at the cost of 20% fewer hits. Only way to know for sure is try it.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Fumbles wrote:I wouldn't call it a nerf. Diving Judgement was buffed a significant amount initially. Now the number of hits has been reduced and the damage has been spread more evenly. Its an improvement imo.

Also the patch isn't live yet so no one outside of sp can answer that.

No need AOE spread cuz it is used for bosses mostly. Bosses usually tele a lot so many hits in a short time is better for me.
fakme
Grubber
326 | 9
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
It's more balanced imho, like 5-6 + mobs retaliate, below DJ all....sounds weird but it works
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I'm in destruction A2 and I haven't used retaliate once since I got DJ in A1 hatred.
Shade
|
Problem is:

1. 20% fewer hits - if damage per hit is the same - seems to mean 20% less overall damage. There's no mention of damage per hit or overall damage though, just that what damage there is, is spread more evenly over time.

2. The skill doesn't mention a duration so it's not clear how long mobs need to stay in it to take the full damage (not the only skill desc that needs a tweak).

3. And as someone else mentioned, it doesn't help with mobs that move away - some are dumb beasts that stand in fire but some move about.

Overall, it sounds like there are no upsides to this, but there's definitely downsides.
Could always play SP and don't take the new patch hehe

But tbh I stopped enjoying this build at around the first level challenge - each unto their own etc - so I may park this guy and look for something else.

One reason is that DJ never felt like a melee skill - exactly because it has a duration. It feels more like a spell that you need to trigger via one melee hit. It would feel better if it were instant (or very short duration), with corresponding reduced damage and mana cost. With its current animation that would be difficult to achieve so we'd end up with a completely different skill.