Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
The real issue is gold loss on death. If its in the stash it shouldn't be touched. Yeah bla bla, throw it on the ground and you don't lose any, but if its that simple why have gold loss in the first place? I lose just as much gold when I forget to pick it back up before leaving the game as I do when I forget I have it in the stash. Its a useless and time consuming feature.

The jungle was annoying at first but after getting more defense and learning the layout, its not bad. I don't care for the all the platforms in Caldeum though. The ones you can run onto while running north, but can't run out of cause there is no stairs. Its got troll written all over it.

On another unrelated note, Idol of Scosglen needs a re-work. The skill may have been fine dozens of patches ago but its just as much of a hindrance as solar flare was. It lasts 4 seconds and has a 5 second cooldown that requires ~20 points to reach. So if a player manages to re-cast it perfectly every time they get the bonuses 80% of the time. Not very great for something that requires that many points and has to be re-cast constantly. Defense is also pretty low overall, even with the buff. I've managed to hit around 400k which is too low for what is essentially a melee build. Twice that should be attainable.

Maybe a solution would be to remove the 50% slow from the morph and add it to idol. Then add flat defense to the morph with scaling so its useful throughout the game and enough that idol doesn't need the % defense while active. Idol could still have the dr% but maybe less, and casting it would be how 50% slow is applied. Maybe none of this is possible but it would be better than what it is now. k thx.
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
L H wrote:
WReckLess wrote:Without map reveal and knowing what to look on revealed map for, finding entrance to KINGDOM OF SHADOW is miserable. But finding what to look was harsh.
If you want to know how to find the way in, check the spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Dunno if that's true. We had a party of six search for at least 15 minutes for 8 different games. Two times we gave up on looking for it, and the other times, we took screenshots to compare the maps to see if there were any distinguishable characteristics on the map. There were a few times it spawned inside a fenced area, twice it spawned in the middle of the dirt areas, and once, it had a tiny little fence in front of it without the square fencing. One time, there was a gray patch inside one of the fences, so we tried to find that patch again and it didn't work.

It seems true. Friend found it in like 30 seconds every time we tried to find it. The only thing we can't figure out is if theres a logical pattern to running there or the logic is that dumb gray patch of bullshit which you just strain your eyes until you recognize it. We highly doubt it involves the latter though.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Pub wrote:It seems true. Friend found it in like 30 seconds every time we tried to find it. The only thing we can't figure out is if theres a logical pattern to running there or the logic is that dumb gray patch of bullshit which you just strain your eyes until you recognize it. We highly doubt it involves the latter though.

While the minimap hint is an unintended feature, the actual way to know where to go is if you compare Quov Tsin hut's position relative to ruins map, you can know in which direction to find Kingdom of Shadow, since the hut has 6 variable locations as well.
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Marco wrote:
Pub wrote:It seems true. Friend found it in like 30 seconds every time we tried to find it. The only thing we can't figure out is if theres a logical pattern to running there or the logic is that dumb gray patch of bullshit which you just strain your eyes until you recognize it. We highly doubt it involves the latter though.

While the minimap hint is an unintended feature, the actual way to know where to go is if you compare Quov Tsin hut's position relative to ruins map, you can know in which direction to find Kingdom of Shadow, since the hut has 6 variable locations as well.

Glad to know it was simple and revolved around the hut. We only tried two map layouts to see how the kingdom of shadow/empty hut had a related position but when it wasn't immediately mirrored, we wrote if off for the time being. Will revisit tomorrow night probably but I'm sure some other lad will solve it by then.

My only complaint is the torajan jungles and specifically with Aldric. Two issues, and with them combined the fight seems much more frustrating : 1) His location is way too narrow and I feel like it'd piss people off due how he spams fortress unless they spam summons for Aldric to attack (i'd call it a corridor but its trees so ... not sure how to explain it) and 2) his Royal Guards make other monsters in the jungle immune as well. I don't feel that the uber is not doable but with those circumstances, the uber has ramped up in difficulty compared to how he functioned in his previous location.
omgwtfzomg
Imp
4 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I posted all Ureh variants on Discord. I found them via the hut awhile ago (I see some of the pattern like the misplaced fence to see the entrance in some variants now), someone else can post them here. Or better yet someone can take better screenshots, mine were pretty potato.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
So, are you guys saying that nobody even noticed that strange glitch?

SwineFlu wrote:Mosters from Torajan Jungles and Teganze strangely disappearing if you run away from them for a few screens and come back.

I never saw something like that before in Median or Diablo 2 in general. You can literally run past all the mobs, go to the town, return back and notice that mobs are disappeared in the whole region where you walk past them.

Edit:
Single player, other areas seems fine.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
SwineFlu wrote:So, are you guys saying that nobody even noticed that strange glitch?

SwineFlu wrote:Mosters from Torajan Jungles and Teganze strangely disappearing if you run away from them for a few screens and come back.

I never saw something like that before in Median or Diablo 2 in general. You can literally run past all the mobs, go to the town, return back and notice that mobs are disappeared in the whole region where you walk past them.

Edit:
Single player, other areas seems fine.

Yup. Almost every time you die, take a TP back in, then run a few screens to where you were, there's no monsters or items left, even if you didn't kill them.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
L H wrote:Yup. Almost every time you die, take a TP back in, then run a few screens to where you were, there's no monsters or items left, even if you didn't kill them.

All right then, but still that's freaking weird!
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Some Feedback:

I'm okay with the drops in Torajan Jungle. It's not meant to farm stat sigs or items. It's rather meant to farm Exp sigs and Gold sigs. Now with BPR spawning in every game, it has become a little more dangerous to get to level 121-125 since there's always those walking cows that can instantly wipe your exp. I think the exp sigs are meant to balance that out somehow. For example: If you're farming Jitan anyway for a good charm, why not gather some exp sigs as well to give you a headstart for getting to 121? You can even cube 3 lower exp sigs for a greater exp sig. Same goes for Akarat, Chamber of Blood, Teganze, Terul and so on. Just farm them on your way to 121.

And the Greater Gold sigs are imho really good as well. Since my merc dies a lot in TA, I still have lots of back-up gold that can't be lost just because I had to farm Jitan a couple of times.
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
Pub wrote:
Marco wrote:

Glad to know it was simple and revolved around the hut. We only tried two map layouts to see how the kingdom of shadow/empty hut had a related position but when it wasn't immediately mirrored, we wrote if off for the time being. Will revisit tomorrow night probably but I'm sure some other lad will solve it by then.

My only complaint is the torajan jungles and specifically with Aldric. Two issues, and with them combined the fight seems much more frustrating : 1) His location is way too narrow and I feel like it'd piss people off due how he spams fortress unless they spam summons for Aldric to attack (i'd call it a corridor but its trees so ... not sure how to explain it) and 2) his Royal Guards make other monsters in the jungle immune as well. I don't feel that the uber is not doable but with those circumstances, the uber has ramped up in difficulty compared to how he functioned in his previous location.

Aldrics Imunitie makes a spawned Jungle Mob also imune and the fight can be more or less a bit harder when they spawn few fortress in an small corridor, theres no way to fight them all together at the moment, but you can easylie kite them away and kill them one by one, so theres now more room to kite these minions, with some othere strategie you could offscreen all of them, but depends on your build ;)
1/x drop chance of the charm is bad for these long walks, yes :)

jungle is a long walk, time consuming, signets drops are the only found where gold, greater sigs of gold, but no learning sigs, so nilathak is the way to go or the regular way set/su from TA, k3k, dunc, dcow in early ladder // i would more enjoy the jungle would drop only tier 6 blue and white bases for making tu 6 items that be needed sometimes, for destruction difficulty of course only ! and lets say on lower droprate chance also only white SA or eth SA with max open sockets // another idea can be to make like 5 spots in the jungle and when you be get there all in one walk/game, you can get signet shards and can cube them to a small stack of signets of learning, from this it would be an interessting way to compensate boring nilathak steamroles

also i think the jungle ubers with trophys for farming, has changed, its like you walk all bosses and not farming only one over and over, so i like it, its interessting, has some challenging features, maybe another shortcut to the other side of the jungle map would be a thing ....

maybe to half the walking time for all of it ? all in all enjoyable

taking a look on the ureh path aswell, was confused with the huge map and nothing to found in there O-)