Mangler
458 | 51
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
would be nice actually if you could cube a boss charm to get a portal to that boss or something
Ausben
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Would not be as bothered with clearing the jungle repeatedly if i felt it had potential value, but currently it's not rewarding enough. the best drops i've gotten in there have been a few 300k gold signets lol
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Some points are fair, that I shouldn't compare a3 quest jungle to uber jungle, because 2nd one is static layout, you can learn it and run just as any other fixed map. With normal a3 jungles you can hit dead ends, there are quests to do, there is no wp next to each entrance, so you have to run back etc.

But about general philisophy of placing uber entrance further rather than closer, I'm not convicned.
Let's take for example duncraig. If there literally was entrance to it in town, like to jungles, or previous patch to unformed land. What is wrong with that? Fact that you have to run through cave is never any sort of difficulty (at point when you run duncraig, normal mobs are harmless). So all it does is adds inconvenience factor, just running through some random pointless zone, to do the run. If mod evolves to the point, you can actually add portals, or create area with multiple entrances next to waypoint, I really don't see why that couldn't be used to players advantage. I'ts the difficulty of uber should be "balancing" factor, not the distance you have to run to get there.

Same goes with towns, can someone give me like legit simple response that I understand. Why not small towns with all npc squeezed to 1 screen, with nearly no run distnace?
I assume it can be done we already had something like that in few acts, but it could be potentially pushed even further. Basically a town designed like optimal poe hideout.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
aerial wrote:e give me like legit simple response that I understand. Why not small towns with all npc squeezed to 1 screen, with nearly no run distnace?
I assume it can be done we already had something like that in few acts, but it could be potentially pushed even further. Basically a town designed like optimal poe hideout.

My only complaint is Act 3, having to run forever to get to Alkor, but you only ever do that for the quest reward, so its not a huge deal.

Having everyone within one screen wouldn't feel like a "town", which is what I imagine the goal was.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
You can always compromise, design nice looking town, that isn't just plain area with npcs standing in circle around wp and stash, but still locate them somewhat close to each other.
If you look at new poe acts, npcs there are also fit in relatively small areas next to wp.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I just cleared almost the whole jungles 10 times just to see the drops, not even a single su or set item dropped. The drops are damn terrible, it is not profitable at all to spend your time killing things there. It would be slightly better if i'd actually see some signet of learnings dropped, but i only saw gold and xp signets. I understand the changes, and i somewhat like it, but as you said, you farm the bosses while farming the area, but its not rewarding at all.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Istaryu wrote:I just cleared almost the whole jungles 10 times just to see the drops, not even a single su or set item dropped. The drops are damn terrible, it is not profitable at all to spend your time killing things there. It would be slightly better if i'd actually see some signet of learnings dropped, but i only saw gold and xp signets. I understand the changes, and i somewhat like it, but as you said, you farm the bosses while farming the area, but its not rewarding at all.

Ps: I know its a small sample, and my mf is low (~180%), but still
Ausben
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
To add on to my previous post about the jungle not feeling rewarding enough, it needs to be rewarding to a solo player, as barely anyone is running these ubers in a group simply because they only drop 1 charm at a time and you would have to run the jungle X times as many times per player, which isn't rewarding enough to be appealing, as the solo player can do all their charms in one jungle run
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Istaryu wrote:I just cleared almost the whole jungles 10 times just to see the drops, not even a single su or set item dropped. The drops are damn terrible, it is not profitable at all to spend your time killing things there. It would be slightly better if i'd actually see some signet of learnings dropped, but i only saw gold and xp signets. I understand the changes, and i somewhat like it, but as you said, you farm the bosses while farming the area, but its not rewarding at all.

This^

I've also never seen a single SU or Set piece drop there (SP, btw). Not even any good Sacred Rares or Bases (Sacred Warp Blades are still MIA. And what's up with high level Rune drops?). Gold and XP sigs are worthless by the time you're strong enough to farm this place in Dest. Even at lower levels, it's not worth it since gold is trivial after a certain point and you can level easily enough through regular play. This leaves SoL as the only thing worth farming for, but they drop so infrequently that you actually get more sigs faster by farming Set items in Terror TA. It's easier, too.

Maybe the "farming Dogmas for Signets of Skill" thing could be eliminated and Skill Sigs could only drop in the Torajan Jungles. Just a thought.

I don't really mind the size and layout (though the tileset could use some diversity to make it less visually monotonous; some ruins would be nice), and I like the idea of it being a farming spot on your way to the Ubers within, but as it is, it's not worth farming.
lordalexander74
Bone Archer
77 | 0
SwineFlu wrote:
L H wrote:Yup. Almost every time you die, take a TP back in, then run a few screens to where you were, there's no monsters or items left, even if you didn't kill them.

All right then, but still that's freaking weird!

Happened to me too. Was trying to kill Jitan, there were so many invulnerable mobs around... is it called Sprite overflow? When there's so many enemies on screen, in addition to spell effects, that things just start disappearing?
That happened, I managed to blink behind Jitan and that army and killed Astrogha. On my way out, only Jitan and a couple guards remained. No other native jungle enemies.