Destruction baal fight

Discuss Median XL!
UharaKitzuke
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hi everyone.
Strategy
The Lord of Destruction prefers fighting in close quarters where his spells will be hardest to dodge. Heroes which attempt to flee or hide behind walls will be punished for their cowardice. Defile - his most dangerous ability marks an area on the ground in pulsating darkness which explodes after a few seconds dealing heavy magic damage. Often Baal will incinerate all mana from your hero with his Inferno so having a way to recover it quickly is recommended. Baal may call on his minions to aid him in battle, which buff their master and so must be killed quickly. He may also rarely haunt your hero with Visions of Evil which inhibit your Nephalem powers and thus render him untouchable, free yourself of these evils as fast as you can, lest you be overwhelmed into madness. Your best chance of defeating Baal lies in staying on your feet, but beware - the larger your party the more horrors will rise up to defend their master.

do you guys feel this patch Baal is so strong ? especially for summoner
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
yes. not just summoners, but any char that relies on summons for buffs, i.e melee sorc, will have a near impossible job with this fight. The teleport ai is loathsome, and the fact that he can summon unlimited visions that make him invulnerable makes this fight feel like cancer, with a very limited reward. He drops no charm, and the only thing you gain is being able to get dcows and fools gold. Maybe make the fools gold more valuable, since you are effectively fighting 2 ubers to get one charm.
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Baal is stronger because he is now an uber quest.
I personally like this new Baal a lot.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
agreed. most ubers in this game give a decent charm. Baal doesnt.
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
He's the main antagonist of this uber-filled D2 mod, doesn't it simply make sense that they would buff him up, rework his fight mechanisms and get it on par with particularly difficult ubers?
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Baal is too hard, especially in terror. Baal is just dumb and I think it scares new people away before they have even had the opportunity to really get into the game. Not the best change from this patch. The fact that it's required for progression to the next difficulty and some builds simply can't do terror Baal whatsoever without a respec is a huge issue( summoner I'm looking at you) I decided to try summon barb to start this ladder off to see what all the hype was about and I had to have someone come in and finish the fight for me or else I couldn't make it to destruction without new gear and a respec. Imagine the experience of a player that this is their first time playing through The mod.

D Baal is kind of equally dumb for that point in the game it's only saving grace is that it really isn't required for progression. I still think the fight is way too crazy though.
Ibra1
Abomination
151 | 0
Agreed with the posters above. Terror Baal should not be a show stopper for many people without getting help. If you want to make D Baal really hard, then so be it, but don't keep people out of the 3'rd level with a nearly unkillable Terror Baal. (Yes, you can make a specific character to beat him, but the quest should be tricky but not be pretty much impossible for certain characters.

I'm about 2 months into the Median xl experience, and this would have broken my interest if I hadn't played for the 2 months so far.
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
While I do think that dest Baal is fine as he is now, albeit having ridiculous mechanics, I agree that Terror Baal needs to get toned down as he ends up as a huge block in the path to progression especially for newer players.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Baal on Terror will get nerfed significantly in the upcoming mini patch, which is due very soon.
EarthBounder
Bone Archer
70 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Awesome to hear! :]