M17 1.1.3 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
nico27
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Dark Power Oskill from TU grim wand states that it gives 25% crushing blow, yet my d2stats reader tells me that my crushing blow only increases by 10% after I buff.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Would like to bring up the topic of set bonus discussion:

After browsing through the sets, looking at Zerae set for specific testing since everyone calls it a meme, It seems that a lot of the available sets don't give enough pierce for how many gear slots it takes to gain the bonus. Granted, some classes have skills like Stormzon's Asterism to boost more pierce, but another example: The Vasily's Javelin set. It takes five slots to equip, but the only pierce available in the set is the full set bonus and it only gives -30% cold pierce.

More examples are the assassin weapon damage sets. The caster sets are fine since you can utilize Phase Bomb for some more pierce, but the weapon damage set lacks heavily. The dual claw set is a bit better, as it gains -45% fire and poison from the full set and -15% fire and poison from the belt, but that's all it gives, and it leaves you with gloves and boots to make up the other 60-75% pierce to hit the maximum output for general mobs. The Naginata set which focuses on poison gives -30% as a full set, and up to -30% more from the armor. That's still only -60% poison pierce for a pretty large investment of gear.

Granted, these are underused sets, and yes, you can get a pretty healthy amount (-30%? 35%?) from rings and amulets, and another 5-10% (depending on your type of elemental damage) from the Iotss and LC1 charms, but even then, you're struggling to hit the cap values for general gameplay with a full set investment, without filling your inventory with cycles.

I think when the damage rework came, these numbers were all adjusted globally without a lot of consideration on how a build might be made to fit the new reduced numbers, especially now since monster resists were raised to require 120-135% pierce to deal maximum damage.

I'm not pointing fingers or calling out bad item design, but rather just bringing it to attention that full set bonuses took a huge hit with the damage rework, and I don't think many people have noticed it as much since everyone and their sister only wants the Cinadide or Lightning sorc set now.

Some other instances, previously mentioned in this thread, I think, were things like the Treewarden set still giving Plague oskill, presumably from the time when Plague added a lot more poison damage as an uberskill than a Holy Melee Tree skill, and also giving no poison pierce from the set bonuses or items to help the skill perform even slightly well. Other things in that set specifically are Fortress on Attack proc, which was great back when Pummel was around since you could proc on attack (unlike Thorn Strike).

I won't go into detail on every set's flaws, since I'm sure most are already pointed out or known, and I'm not one to say, "this game sucks, the items need to be sssu to be strong or I quit." I guess I'm just calling for sets to be looked at again when the time is available amongst the other changes being done to MXL and Sigma to help make them more valuable and feel as beneficial as a set should feel, across the board, not just a few commonly used ones. Largely referring to the elemental pierce on most sets from the damage/number rework, but there are other bits and pieces that may need adjusted as well.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
You don't need 135% pierce for regular gameplay. The math is pretty simple:
- 65% pierce will double your damage against regular monsters for the element in question
- getting an extra 70% (to reach the "cap") will only add another 54% total damage
- first 65% pierce grant double value efficiency, compared to extra 70%

Also your point about sets lacking pierce being unusable is pretty much void because of the lightning set you mention which gives barely any and yet everyone goes for it, because people told them so. Additionally the damage rework has nothing to do with this whatsoever because the pierce on all sets was reduced equally, and the enemy res facing all builds are also equal.

Some sets like barb/asa DW and treewarden will be fixed. This has been on the agenda for a while but there hasn't been enough time for it since it's low priority.

Finally, sets are not meant to be endgame gear. If a build is using a set to complete all the content (as several can) this means that the build is good without expensive gear, not that the set is the best it has available. Also some builds like holy melee have overpowered sets to compensate for them being weak, which will change since this is no longer the case.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I just fucked up the math on the pierce in my head. For some reason, it registers in my head that needing half of the cap value will put their res at 0, so that's my fault.

And yea, I notice too that people go for sets just cause others say so (like the cinadide set this patch because Bojac's guide mentions to use it). Kinda would just like to see more sets be useful/used, even at later game levels, not just as transition phases, since by the time people are ready to farm for sets, they're already on their way to stronger gear. I don't mean to make sets drop more often, just that across the board, some might be more useful in later game, is all. I haven't done any in game testing, as I'm still trying to gather up pieces, but on paper, it all just looked funny to my eyes.
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
Treewarden skill Idol of Scosglen, timer not workin' properly, but i assume whole build will be nerfed soon, so no big deal (:
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
On another note, I've noticed it pretty often farming Fauzt the last couple days. I'm not sure exactly what causes it, but the robot bosses freeze in place fairly often (done it teleporting onto them a few times, others just running and standing near them). They just kinda stand still and looks like theyre breathing in and out but not taking any steps.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
Dreamhunter wrote:Treewarden skill Idol of Scosglen, timer not workin' properly, but i assume whole build will be nerfed soon, so no big deal (:

What does not working properly mean?

Also I don't know where this mentality of "nerf = unplayable" comes from but I wish people would leave it behind. Maybe it's like asking water to not be wet tho? Makes complete sense to rework a tree and add new skills e.g. holy melee just to make it unplayable because we so enjoy wasting our time.
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
suchbalance wrote:
Dreamhunter wrote:Treewarden skill Idol of Scosglen, timer not workin' properly, but i assume whole build will be nerfed soon, so no big deal (:

Also I don't know where this mentality of "nerf = unplayable" comes from but I wish people would leave it behind. Maybe it's like asking water to not be wet tho? Makes complete sense to rework a tree and add new skills e.g. holy melee just to make it unplayable because we so enjoy wasting our time.

Well i like TW personally but it seems it is op and many people complain about it. As for Idol of Scosglen, in my case, i'm level 26 and timer is 8.2 or something but i can use it after 3 seconds.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
I can't reproduce that, either you're confused or others have to report how to get this bug.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Dreamhunter wrote:
suchbalance wrote:

Well i like TW personally but it seems it is op and many people complain about it. As for Idol of Scosglen, in my case, i'm level 26 and timer is 8.2 or something but i can use it after 3 seconds.

make a video of this for us
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi