M17 1.1.3 Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
Rishab wrote:
Dreamhunter wrote:
suchbalance wrote:
Dreamhunter wrote:Treewarden skill Idol of Scosglen, timer not workin' properly, but i assume whole build will be nerfed soon, so no big deal (:

What does not working properly mean?

Also I don't know where this mentality of "nerf = unplayable" comes from but I wish people would leave it behind. Maybe it's like asking water to not be wet tho? Makes complete sense to rework a tree and add new skills e.g. holy melee just to make it unplayable because we so enjoy wasting our time.

Well i like TW personally but it seems it is op and many people complain about it. As for Idol of Scosglen, in my case, i'm level 26 and timer is 8.2 or something but i can use it after 3 seconds.

make a video of this for us

i would really like to do it but i'm at work right now, will try it when i get home, haven't done it before. I think i'm not mistaken, so i will check it out again and send report log.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
in torajan jungles the mosquito enemies are pretty hard to see. this might be due to the green floor palette being much darker than the sand in a2
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Uldy Stage 18 (Obsidian Lord) could probably be toned down a bit to compensate for Divine Judgment's newfound and overwhelming power. Maybe slow him down, turn down/eliminate his regen, or nerf his DJ--just tweaking one of those things would be enough. The stage isn't impossible as it is, but it's much harder than any non-Prime Edyrem stage.

Also, Al'Diabalos in Yshari was certainly a surprise.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Solfege wrote:Uldy Stage 18 (Obsidian Lord) could probably be toned down a bit to compensate for Divine Judgment's newfound and overwhelming power. Maybe slow him down, turn down/eliminate his regen, or nerf his DJ--just tweaking one of those things would be enough. The stage isn't impossible as it is, but it's much harder than any non-Prime Edyrem stage.

Agreed. He wrecks summons and players before you can even get an attack off in most cases, and often, I've felt it was very desync-y. I'd die and see a Divine Judgment rainfall half a screen away.

Solfege wrote:Also, Al'Diabalos in Yshari was certainly a surprise.

What do you mean by surprise?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
L H wrote:
Solfege wrote:Also, Al'Diabalos in Yshari was certainly a surprise.

What do you mean by surprise?

Well, I hadn't yet done Yshari since Caldeum was added (or I did and forgot), so I was expecting to just rush in and mindlessly tank him, as usual. But with all the Fireheart Totems, MIRVs, fire blasts, and his instagib melee attack, I actually had to pay attention. Felt like a real fight. It was nice.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
I think the summoner necromancer set needs a rework.

There are many useless stats on it (like+50 to strength. You don't need it because none of your stats increase your killspeed, so you can go all in and waste your statpoints as much as want already. No need to give any free stats)
and some important stats are rather bad (Lazarus set gives 600% minion life in total. Summoner set only gives around 200%, lacks minion resist and minion damage)

The only thing it excels at is oskills. You get an overlord, snake stance and stance radius + dark power. Imho snake stance isn't worth it either. Only lvl 9 and all +skills from the set are necromancer only, so the damage output should be rather weak.
I'd rather see wolf stance or bear stance on it. Since you get magic damage from dark power already you don't need poison. Plus rampagors already have enoug poison damage, so snake stance is rather wasted.

Both Sets are somewhat similar since both increase minion stats, so I wonder why they were Splitted concerning effectiveness. 1 set is for tankyness the other goes for a big swarm of summons, which you have to recast often. Obviously the latter is worse since it's annoying to recast summons all the time when you can just let them tank and teleport to win.
sergey9908
Bone Archer
71 | 7
assasin skill twin fang strike missing description sinergies shadow refuge 6% poison spell damage.
zeromeaning
Banned
1 | 1
Please revert the SP drop rate back to the way it was. There is no reason to make it any worse besides some sick desire to make players grind more.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Feedback (even if it's on the outskirt to be a suggestion, I'm sorry in advance):
Imho some charms could be better balanced out (sometimes the reward is too generous and others a bit lackluster) or adjusted theme/lore-wise.

theme/lore:
- Hammer of the Taan Judges +Enhanced Weapon Damage% could be replaced with some slow for enemy since the Taan were a mage clan specialized in skatsimi magic with the objective to bend time to their will to be able to see in the far past and future.
- Akarat was a wanderer and an orator for the new religion so, in the Visions of Akarat, could fit nicely a walking speed boost and a reduction of vendor price or some charges for a charming oskill.
- Zakarum's Ear is linked to the Zakarum faith which, at its core, finds the teachings that Yaerious presented to Akarat and those advocate a life devoted to the Light and an inexhaustible resistence to all the evils; thus +light radius and +flat defence or % fits well.
- The Butcher's Tooth +50% extra gold and 20% mf could be nerfed and/or the latter removed to be substituted with something like life on strike or per kill; afterall we're talking about a masochist demon obsessed with meat and torture.
- Horazon's Focus %life/mana stolen per hit wouldn't be better if replaced by something like magic def, +energy factor or, since the Vizjerei clan focused on elemental damage, some elemental damage boost/buff duration increased?
- Fool's Gold, to play also on the fact that the area is used for leveling up, could see a +n% experince gain.
- Belial in the lore rained meteors on Caldeum when desperate and ner defeat, so the kind of empty Book of Lies would benefit in my opinion by a +n meteor shower upon death; to play both on the evil Lord own story an the disguising nature of an attack launched after one has succumbed and should be dead, or (for the reason LH has posted below) maybe some useful Oskill but with a lying tooltip.
- Azmodan's Heart, belonging to the Lord of Sins, could see some other affix that better represent its sinful nature: +%heal from apple (gluttony), %damage reflected (sloth), +%gold (greed), +%crushing blow (wrath), etc...
- Death Projector's Laser Focus Crystal with some pierce would be a match made in heaven.

nerf:
- Sacred Worldstone Key's bonuses are a bit too good, maybe could be reduced and then added a small %bonus to some resistance.

buff:
- Lucion's Soulstone +13 to Maximum Damage is slightly low.
- Uldyssian's Sword is a bit meh, but not sure what could be done, maybe additional damage to demons?

Pls everyone remember these are personal opinions, no need to be too harsh

EDIT
Some other unrelated feedbacks:
- Holy Meele could benefit from some additional hit recovery and a slight nerf to Divine Judgement.
- If possible substitute the invisible-infuriating-life-buff spell of the Forest Keepers with Pagan Rites or something like that.
- In the Torajan Jungles the Khazra Clan could be renamed Moon Clan (ofc if the name isn't already reserved) since Khazra Clan refers to a very wide family that contains the Ice Clan, Night Clan, Stone Clan, Flesh Clan, Blood Clan etc... and also because we already have Moon Arachnid in the zone.
- I'm sure someone has already mentioned this somewhere but Torajan Jungles is just too big, and this result in a cascade of other smaller problems... I could see some solution to this apart from the obvious one of reducing the area: increase in monsters variety (it gets monotonous too fast), put some more shrines (not wells), put something of value (maybe chests with fixed belladonna drop) or challenging in all the several dead ends, ubers content closer to the beginning section of the jungle.
Edited by RequiemLux 6 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
RequiemLux wrote:-Belial in the lore rained meteors on Caldeum when desperate and ner defeat, so the kind of empty Book of Lies would benefit in my opinion by a +n meteor shower upon death; to play both on the evil Lord own story an the disguising nature of an attack launched after one has succumbed and should be dead.

I like your focus on lore, but I have to say I'm against adding procs on death, since some charms were already changed to have them removed (Judgment Day) so you can still use the charms when fighting laz without worrying about killing his totems for heal, etc

Overall, I like most though

Edit: Skeletal Flayers still read as Shadows when targeted with Widowmaker: