Discuss Median XL!
kiki22vu
KOSOVAR
573 | 45
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
DeanLew wrote:Guess were all switching back to 112 to farm?

No
villur
Rust Claw
86 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So lets talk assassins for a second.

I was super pumped to play an assassin this patch because I felt like I liked the nagisin playstyle - some skill switching and getting rewarded for it. I planned to mostly stay nagi and have throw on switch for some single-target / kiting potential where needed. Duriel for example, if you get hit he spawns fortress so if you're squishy you need to kite him around where throw was useful.
The reality was however far from rewarding.
Starting terror 2nd half, lets say from act3 is where things started to get very hard for assassin:

• 50% avoid started to feel like nothing coupled with a low life pool. I had all my gear MOd to max ED and TCD and that didn't chance the fact that I couldn't stay in melee range of monsters anymore.
  • Damage started to fall off on both nagi and throw. Not sure if its because of pierce loss or bad scaling but I had maxed ways, maxed ED on nagi and socketed with jah runes. Sure elites were okayish to clear but bosses and superunques were just super hard. For a glass cannon the damage for sure wasnt there at all.
  • The whole experience started to feel like running against a wall. Constant deaths and just corpse running bosses to take them down.
I don't think this is a l2p issue as I've been playing median since 2012 and played multiple different builds over the years. And from what I've heard caster sin is totally fine for leveling and charms so its mostly about a nagisin / hybrid wdm build thats lacking in all areas in my opinion.

Now maybe sin is still one of the strongest as a maxed out char but that doesn't mean the leveling, gearing and charm getting process doesn't get to be there and what point is there if you have all the charms and are equipped with T1 meta uniques. Farming cows just for the sake of it? Its the good curve of gearing, getting charms, farming and feeling your character get stronger bit by bit that I like about median.

On an unrelated note, why does wolf druid still have -mana regen? It gets completely negated by MOing rings and amulet with mana regeneration so why even keep it in the game, it just feels very annoying having to reequip rings and amulet every time i morph and switch acts, is that the price we must pay for one of the fasters farming characters, the annoyance of reequiping items constantly? I feel balance also has to account a lot for the "feeling" of builds and chars.

Plz buff
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The wolf mana regen is a bug. It's not supposed to be fixable by switching gear like that. Expect it to be fixed in upcoming patches
sharky
Balrog
129 | 16
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
hmm, after 1.1.3 installation - 7 full FauztDestr runs - 0 GR's.... Total unlucky or somthing wrong?
villur
Rust Claw
86 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
L H wrote:The wolf mana regen is a bug. It's not supposed to be fixable by switching gear like that. Expect it to be fixed in upcoming patches

Oh boy, if that ever gets "fixed" its goanna piss off a lot of people

The thing wolf has going for itself is fast farming and if you hinder that by mana management issues then what does it have left?
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
villur wrote:
L H wrote:The wolf mana regen is a bug. It's not supposed to be fixable by switching gear like that. Expect it to be fixed in upcoming patches

Oh boy, if that ever gets "fixed" its goanna piss off a lot of people

The thing wolf has going for itself is fast farming and if you hinder that by mana management issues then what does it have left?

Wyand's Fervor
Teganze Pendant
Teganze Pendant
Amulet

Required Level: 60
Item Level: 70
+1 to All Skills
+10% to Fire Spell Damage
+10% to Lightning Spell Damage
+10% to Cold Spell Damage
Maximum Life +(3 to 5)%
Maximum Mana +(20 to 30)%
Elemental Resists +10%
+(13 to 38) Mana after each Kill
What mana issues?
GodofMagic
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Some walls in Ureh can be teleported to the outside. Not a big deal.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The Into The Void skill to use at Diablo doesn't work in pounce setup.

Someone suggested that perhaps it functions as a ranged skill and the Melee/Debuff/Buff restriction doesn't allow you to use it? That would cause problems for a few different builds.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Accordingly to the files, two CotWs are still realm only, not sure if that's intended.

Additionally, there is no legacy SSSU Skull Cap (Goblin's Skull), though wrong name is not a big deal I guess.
► Show Spoiler

I can't see the logic behind the drop rate of Edyrem Key: why it can't be dropped from Lilith with a high probability (the same way as Demon Key from Mendeln). However I'm not appreciate the fact, that you can literally farm Demon Keys when you finally manage to assemble Sigil of the 7 Deadly Sins (since Mendeln can die fairly quick).
IMO it would be great if Lilith can drop you that key while you're doing CFM upgrade quest, so the next time when you decided to farm some great runes you can access Toraja without that much trouble.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I'm playing sword barb (using Iron spiral mostly, buffed with spirit guide, runemaster, immortal, bear stance, thundergod, shamanic trance) and having some issues.
First of all: sometimes he "retaliates" to monsters with shamanic trance (seems like visual bug only, might be "avoid animation").
And second is that monsters sometimes randomly teleport away on hit (i checked gear 2 or 3 times mine and merc - not even single teleport cast on striking/atk/etk.). That happening very rarely but annoying when it happens to, let's say, totem in K3KBA.