Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
going from 120 to 121 is taking just a few minutes in SP fyi . why do you insist to go off topic again? i forgot to keep your posts hidden and stop replying . sorry .
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2975 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
ChuckNoRis wrote:going from 120 to 121 is taking just a few minutes in SP fyi . why do you insist to go off topic again? i forgot to keep your posts hidden and stop replying . sorry .

Is there miniguide for that ?
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Sorry chuck but you have to understand that there are people who actually take what you write seriously because they don't know any better. The gear you post on your guides are very expensive end game and for people to risk xis runes or trade for expensive items when you've spent very little time actually testing them isn't right. A shared stash is too tempting to not use those items so how can anyone know if you've even farmed charms with those builds? Since you just admitted to using alternate method to reach 121, how can anyone believe you even reach 120 legit?

How would you feel if someone made a recommendation to you and you spent time or even money to acquire something only to find out that person wasn't as knowledgeable as they led on to be?

As far as the level 121 issue, you shouldn't be using xis runes if aren't willing to invest the time to get there. Don't post guides for builds you didn't play legit.
Shade
|
Fumbles wrote:As far as the level 121 issue, you shouldn't be using xis runes if aren't willing to invest the time to get there. Don't post guides for builds you didn't play legit.

Are SP and MP seen as being the same for stuff like 120 to 121?

My understanding as to why the 121+ levels require so much XP is for ladder - to differentiate between people who play a lot, you need to have a very broad range of "scores" (XP in this case). Otherwise you soon end up with everyone at max score.

If you're not playing ladder, then the total XP score is irrelevant, so finding a way to get there fast seems fine. The sole purpose of P8 is to gain XP fast, so... using a game feature for the purpose for which it was intended/designed... not sure I see why that is not legit, to be fair.

Looked at another way - what would he learn about the build on the 1,000th cow run that he didn't already know on, say, the 10th run?

Just my take on it. :)
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
ChuckNoRis wrote:going from 120 to 121 is taking just a few minutes in SP fyi . why do you insist to go off topic again? i forgot to keep your posts hidden and stop replying . sorry .

Can you just stop posting, it's actually getting embarrassing. Just because a build works with all charms+trophies and xis runewords doesn't mean it's a build that is actually viable, or even remotely playable without those. Also this whole /player x argument is retarded beyond words because it's totally irrelevant. It takes hours to reach 121, unless you play SP you can start level 125, or even 225 if we really wanted to. Also the old pummel isn't even comparable to the new thornstrike. Old pummel was basically a normal attack, the new one is overpowered beyond words. Please stick to posting in off-topic or some SP dedicated subforum.
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
I cant really see why someone even thinks that the current thornstrike is balanced by any means. You can kill dest diablo before he even spawns. 5-6- hit bosses such as belial with almost any weapon and 1-2 shot most other bosses. leech to full with 10% leech on every hit.

I was getting t fauzt brains with 8k defense deathless. Only thing that saves bosses is their ability to teleport.
I dont know how to balance that skill, but a good start would be to reduce its wdm% to 10-15% (which means about 5-7 times dps nerf, excluding procs)
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
That summs it up pretty well yeah
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Buffing skills substantially is better than a buffing a little bit at a time til its barely usable. Players are more likely to keep playing after balancing than if its done the opposite way. I think 50% wdm would be better for the skill though. 10-15% would make it more like atmg where the build relies on procs for kill speed.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
dont be silly, if you guys are really honest you know the killer is 0 frame next delay.
in case its not obvious here is the hit benefit you get from each nd step starting at 4 frames (which means in frames: hit, nd, nd, nd, nd, hit):

4 frames: x1
3 frames: x1.25
2 frames: x1.3
1 frames: x1.5
0 frames: x2 and extra

imagine now going straight from 4 frames nd to 0:
1*1.25*1.33*1.5*2=~5
which means you theorettically hit about 5x as many times per attack and it translates into 500%wdm compared with 4 frames nd that doesnt get this multiplicator,
however this is not the end of the story, since every (assuming 95% hit chance cap) hit is going to connect, you also get the benefit of the overlay of multiple missiles, as well as greatly increased proc rates.
and depending on the underlying mechanics of thorn field, it may well hit much more often, depending on how it creates its "hit boxes".

i hope now its clear now how next delay has increasing returns the lower it gets

the 0 nd mechanic is quite fun and i hope it can be kept with skill changes, but it makes a huge difference in how strong a skill is, much more than a flat dmg increase, as you can see here the amount of procs might even make up for a very low wdm